If you’ve never done so; please read the post and especially the download instructions before using this link.
- Significantly reduced RAM usage when using new aircraft
- Fixed an issue where contracts using tweaks aircraft would lose the tweaks aircraft on save/reload
- ACEO 1.1 Compatibility
If you’re new here, airport CEO is un-moddable no more. It is still kind of hard.
Airport CEO Tweaks began largely as an experiment to see if modding was viable by tweaking the planner interface and editing “cargo” flights to not have passengers.
Tweaks is now moving towards becoming a total-overhaul mod, one system at a time. Systems revised so far include:
- Flight Contracts: Flight contracts can and will renew if the airline is kept satisfied.
- Routes: Routes now account for airline nationality, and generally are generated in a more realistic fashion.
- Aircraft: A new data structure is laid onto aircraft types, allowing more information to be stored and used by other systems. This system also enables new aircraft types to be added.
- Liveries: New tools are introduced to allow liveries to change all aspects of an aircraft’s appearance.
- Turnaround Requirements: Turnaround requirements may vary based on airline or aircraft related factors, not just what is available. Turnaround duration may be varied based on airline or player requirements.
- Airlines: Lots of definable factors influence the behavior of mod-added airlines, including home countries and presence of international services. This system orchestrates lots of the lower level features, and is subject to continued expansion.
Incompatible with Negotiable Turnaround Time and Autoplanner settings
This mod is installed and run via uModFramework. This framework allows me to inject my code into the game at runtime without modifying or redistributing Apog Lab’s code. The framework can be downloaded here. Mac users may need to follow the work-around instructions on this page (which also contains the install guide for other platforms)
After UMF is installed to your AirportCEO directory, you may install my mod.
After downloading “AirportCEOTweaks_vx.x.x.umfmod”, move or copy this file to
For me this folder appears here:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Airport CEO\uModFramework\Mods
Launch airport CEO normally. You should see an Airport CEO Tweaks version watermark below the normal Airport CEO version watermark. The UMF in game menu can be accessed using shift-F10. Using this menu you may enable and disable mods and adjust some settings.
UMF mods are auto updated. New versions of tweaks are submitted to the auto update service some time after public release on the forum to avoid forcing an auto update to a less stable version.
Latest Download Link at Top Of This Post
My source code is available here. (You do not need the source code to run the mod, it is made available for transparency.) Source code may lag the latest build, but never by more than one month. Feel free to request current source code if you feel the need to.
Bugs & Support
- Please do report game-breaking bugs to this thread: there is every possibility that one got through.
- Don’t report bugs encountered while playing with this mod enabled, or on a save that has had this mod enabled, to the developers unless it is reproducible without my mod ever being installed. Code-mods can become a pain for developers due to bugs in the mod being reported as bugs in the base game.
- Keybinds Should be self-explanatory.
- Cargo Airline Flags Airlines with any of these occurring in their name will be treated as cargo airlines.
- Livery Author Log Files Turn these on if you’re a mod author trying to figure out why your livery isn’t working, or if I ask you to while we’re debugging.
- Permissive Planning Makes planning flights very permissive and unrealistic; good for certain testing though.
- Force Vanilla Turnaround Time Overrides new default turnaround times. May allow for auto-planner use, though this is still not formally supported
Current License: All rights reserved.
I am quite open to more permissive sharing, but you must ask me.
Each release/distribution shall revert to Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International 6 months by calendar date after it is made publicly available.
Each release/distribution shall revert to GNU General Public License 24 months by calendar date after it is made publicly available.
- Added system for importing fully-new aircrafts.
- Added data structure for new aircraft including placeholders for future functionality.
- (New aircraft are available via separate workshop mod)
- Added an as-of-yet unused system for dynamically rescaling aircraft.
- Vanilla aircraft are not all to a uniform scale; this system can correct this
- Added data structure for airline behavior modifications.
- Functionality extends the existing airline.json file
- Tag airlines as cargo-only
- Tag airlines to operate only in home country(s)
- Assign multiple home countries
- Assign forbidden countries
- Assign a different fleet of aircraft based on tweaks install status (useful for newly added aircraft)
- (In Development: assign HUB IATA codes and max ranges from hubs, other hub rules)
- Added data structure to save/load some additional data per each commercial flight.
- Save/load utility is credit to humoresque
- Replaced the flight types system with a more robust system.
- (in the future may be user/modder-definable in json)
- Reworked turnaround service progress tracking to take advantage of the ability to save and load data.
- Hopefully fixed some bugs with stuck turnarounds and emergency flight turnarounds
- Aircraft on small stands should not request services that are unavailable to them
- Reworked turnaround time user-interaction and airline interaction.
- Implements a new aircraft size rule set that will see increasing use in future
- Consistent 5-minute jumps on mouse scroll
- Minimum separation setting is respected
- Subscribing to more than 50 workshop mods no longer causes mods beyond the 50 oldest to fail to load.
- Patch to ensure cargo aircraft remain on stand now applies only to cargo aircraft.
- Depreciated some old settings.
- Re-factored and reorganized much of the code base.
- Completely rewrote route generation.
- New route generation supports airline nationality.
- Resolved flight planning issue causing skipped flights and hanging confirmation button.
- Implemented basic detection of domestic-only carriers.
- Fixed Issues with airline contract descriptions
- Fixed Issues with Tweaks aircraft shadows
- credit humoresque: Tooltips in flight planner for hold-shift-to-affect-all functionality
- credit humoresque: Structure auto-repair threshold now adjustable in F10 settings
- credit humoresque: ACEO Tweaks version shown below game version
It is recommended to disable the auto planner when starting to play with 1.2.1, and enable it only cautiously, one stand at a time. The design goal of the update is that autoplanner is not necessary.
- Turnaround times depend on type of flight
- Airlines extend flight contracts when satisfied
- Airlines cut short flight contracts when upset
- Airlines operate various flight types based on their economic focus
- Airline flight reward/bonus is now effected by flight & airline parameters
- Some airline descriptions updated/retconned to match new game mechanics
- Flight types displayed in flight info window, as well as expected PAX vs PAX capacity
- PAX capacity depends on flight type
- PAX load factor depends on time of day
- Fixed some planner bugs from 1.1
- Rewrote service request system for baggage, catering, cleaning, fueling, ramp service
- Added setting to disable baggage service on small stands (vanilla behavior is default)
- Added setting to disable baggage service on stands with no baggage bay (improved behavior is default)
- Depreciated settings for experimental flight types and new contract lengths
- Added a system for more complex airline and flight behavior. Partially utilized.
- Turnaround time is player adjustable within limits
- Airlines offer flight contracts which repeat based on airline size and satisfaction
- Flights in series indicator in schedule UI now indicates flights remaining, as opposed to the total number planned initially, giving better indication of when contracts will expire.
- Livery layers hidden by z-level are automatically unhidden (mod compatibility feature)
- Further airline features disabled by default until 1.2.1 due to not being complete / stable.
- Trello : Trello
- Added “makewindow” command for active liveries
- Added “xact” as shorthand for “exactly”
- Made livery log-spam toggle-able
- UMF auto-update enabled for future updates (pending approval from UMF)
- Improved planner rescheduling logic: more permissive for the player
- Added Flight type framework (not implemented)
- Added Active Livery Components, used for changing previously inaccessible visual features of aircraft
- Added basic cargo system
- Added hold-shift planner enhancements