[Mod] AirportCEOTweaks 2.3.6: Misc Patch

Really interesting to see where this goes…

First WIP of an A318 :smiley:

4 Likes

Yey the Baby bus! :smiley: I believe Air France is like the last European company to fly it. I would definitely want this in game!!! <3 <3

Air France and Tarom are the only (not Businessjet)-Airlines who operare it still

2 Likes

In preparation for the new airline mods to come out using this CBM, I created a “fake” workshop item that modders can mark required. It just says to download this mod w/ a link to the original post of this thread.
Modders how to use:

The item itself:

2 Likes

formerly 1.1.1

• Added “makewindow” command for active liveries
  • Added “xact” as shorthand for “exactly”
  • Made livery log-spam toggle-able
2 Likes

I don’t know what is possible or whether you’re taking suggestions but…
I really want the small/medium/large flight filter on the flight planner to work at the contract level, so that I don’t have to hunt through every contract to find which ones have large flights available.

1 Like

Suggestions are great!

Thinking of my own experience… I completely agree. I’m actually working with code adjacent to that right now as I set up variable turn around times; if it’s an easy enough thing to add I’ll put it in the next update. If it’s difficult it will still go on the list for later.

3 Likes

Formerly 1.2.0

links & changelog in the main post… oh also there’s a Trello now

I originally planned a more ambitious update, but there are things that, while the technically work (sometimes)… they are not ready yet. This update contains play-adjustable turnaround times when scheduling manually, as well as the “unhide layers hidden by z-level” feature that a few livery authors were waiting on to ensure compatibility of look alikes that use this mod with unmodded installs. Airlines will also offer flight more directly on the basis of their satisfaction and size.

Everything below is not in 2.0; but is considerably closer to being realized given the groundwork that is in 2.0. Much of it is technically implemented, but is still to buggy to be enabled for general use… None of it is impossible.

What I’ve been working towards is really an overhaul of the flight planning game-play loop. The core concept is that your airport will be asked to handle several different types of flights with differing requirements. For example, commuter flights will demand a short turnaround time and prime hours, but reward you with extra bonus money. A high-class international flight will require extensive servicing on the ramp but may not be quite as picky about departing at rush hour. Cargo flights will typically ask to park for many hours, but don’t need almost anything from you during this time, and are happy to be scheduled at night when the passenger flights are in less demand.

To make the differing flight types feel a bit more authentic, they will be assigned by differing types of airlines. Crown talks big talk about being the most luxurious flight in the sky, so you won’t ever see their plane come though requesting a record breaking turnaround time and no catering. Likewise real airline mods should be able to simulate both budget carriers and VIP exclusive services.

Because there suddenly a lot more meaningful choices to be made about assigning aircraft to stands and flight times (think about a high-volume economy stand with many boarding desks vs a remote stand for cargo and contingencies), the auto-planner cannot be expected to keep up. That’s why I’m interested in making the manual planning experience a lot less tedious. Airlines will offer flight contracts which renew; growing in length to reflect their confidence in your services… or being canceled if you fail to meet the requirements you signed up for. If you do your job right and assign flights to times and stands that can satisfy their particular needs, those flights will continue to operate on your schedule (almost) indefinitely; or until its you who thinks its time to change course.

6 Likes

Hey, is there a discord server for this mod?
Also - is it possible to add flight crew like in sim airport and for the general aviation a pilot or something.

So just to clarify, this won’t conflict with other mods other than the Negotiable Turnaround Time and Autoplanner settings mod, right? Also, will this mod run at all times while ingame, or just when activated. Thanks!

Afaik those are the only two other published script mods for this game. All other “mods” are actually just contracts with skins and/or logos. Those won’t have a conflict.

Hey, is there a discord server for this mod?

@t1a2l I am on discord and am particularly active in the ACEO modding group discord. A dedicated discord is a “maybe one day” but feel free to reach out.

Also - is it possible to add flight crew like in sim airport and for the general aviation a pilot or something.

It is something I’ve thought about and think would be neat. Right now I’m prioritizing features that change how the game plays in terms of player decisions. For now, there are a lot of things that would take less effort to make happen and add more to the experience of playing the game. As I build my competence reworking the game’s systems there may come a time when I decide to do this as a side project, but it definitely won’t be for a while, and I can’t commit to it.

So just to clarify, this won’t conflict with other mods other than the Negotiable Turnaround Time and Autoplanner settings mod, right?

@ATS_guy andyc is correct that all airline/business mods will work fine; the only place where I interact with these is in making new features optionally available to them.

Also, will this mod run at all times while ingame, or just when activated. Thanks!

The mod will run only when activated. The default behavior after installing is that the mod is activated, but deactivating it lets you play without the mod without having to manually uninstall. I’d mostly expect this to be useful later on in development once the game-play balance is significantly altered by my mod.

I had to do a manual download, because of some issues with normally downloading it, even though I’m on PC. I have downloaded it but how to I put it in the game now, (since I did a manual download.)

You need two things:

1. UModFramework. This is a program that you install with an installer. Links in the post, including to the UModFramework wiki install page (I have that linked as being for mac support, but the wiki page has instructions for all OS’s).
  2. My mod itself. This is a file with the extension .umfmod. If you’ve successfully installed the framework the file should be associated with the program and can be installed by double clicking. If that fails, you need to copy and paste the file to whatever-your-aceo-root-directory-is\uModFramework\Mods. for me this is as follows:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Airport CEO\uModFramework\Mods

I took a look at the path, but I don’t have the uModFramework file.

Go ahead and create the folder(s). I believe it should have been created when the framework was installed, so if when you launch the game you do not see a UMF overlay on the main menu, the issue is likely that UMF didn’t install correctly. In that situation I would refer to their wiki.

Keep in mind, I did manually install it, so it didn’t get anything else.

I’m stupid, and misread something in it. I missed an entire step.

Get it working now?