[Mod] AirportCEOTweaks 2.3.6: Misc Patch

A log file on this would be super helpful; as the issue that I had logs of happening is no longer possible.

This is my current theory, but its also possible that there’s a continuing issue with allocated flights not being tagged as allocated. I keep an eye out.

2 Likes

Which log do you need, just had a crash and have taken a copy of all the ACEO ones straight after?

correct; player.log immediately after a crash

1 Like

Just sent them to you via discord

2 Likes

Beta 2.3.6.365

• Fixed another source of flight planner crashes
  • Messed with vehicle rescaling
3 Likes

ACEO Tweaks 2.3.6 Stable

(2.3.6.366)

Changes Since Beta 2.3.6.365
  • Better logging of an error when calculating flight duration.

Changes from 2.3.5:

Both the tweaks to vehicle scale and route generation are somewhat experimental: I expect them to require tuning over time. I wanted to get the update out for its stability improvements.

5 Likes

Since the latest stable patch I haven’t had a single crash due to the flight planner. But, my planned flights are disappearing from the flight planner (randomly?). Some of them come back the next day or following days. This makes it quite frustrating to plan flights and sort out the planner. What’s causing it, I have no clue, but it’s the same across all airline-contracts. I have noticed that after reloading a save, it can cause som planned flights to disappear.

Other than that the new route generation seems to work well.

Yes, I am currently also investigating those cases. It’s related to the new cleanup of unallocated flights on loading. But the question is why those.

I’ve noticed the same thing with the planned flights disappearing and reappearing.

I’ve also had the opposite experience with the new flight generation system that has seriously degraded the quality and believability of my airports flight offers. I wouldn’t be surprised that this is a no win situation, where if you fix the algorithm for airports in some areas, you’ll mess it up for those in others.

1 Like

a very wise statement my dear friend!

It isn’t that bad for me. But it takes time until you get a good selection as the list is always starts at zero offers after loading.

I was playing for days and getting zero flights offered from some of the premium carriers (Lufthansa for example) and those that did seemed to be preferring a very limited selection of their home countries airports (Air France, Iberia). My home carrier British Airways was now not only offering far fewer flights, but again to a poor selection of more minor airports around Europe. Also all domestic flights dried up completely for BA.

Strange Problem. In Flightplan many Flights disapear or when booked in the Plan get invisble.

I’m having the same issue; after some time there aren’t any flights offered so my small airport is like a ghost field.

Jepp no Flights. And if got a Flight only 25% chance to bring it on Flightplan. Helicopters are also in the Problem.

Hi - apologies if duplicating this query but can’t seem to find the thread. Is it possible to force baggage services for 1 star “low cost” airlines? Quite a few are ranked 1 star but in real world they would use checked baggage services/loading especially for Medium/Large aircraft? Thanks :slight_smile: (e.g. the very nice add-ons for Avelo, Spirit, Ryanair…). Alternatively is there a means of amending the star rating up to 2 star for add-on airlines? Thanks

Also is there a way to force a saved airport to generate only domestic or international, or only small, medium or large? Not sure if I’ve imagined this or it’s been mentioned before? :slight_smile:

1 Like

Not sure if this is practical, but if the route generation algorithm is dependent on a number is there any way of making this a variable in settings so that each airport could use a value that suits itself?

I think Zekew is planning an overhaul of this system in the future whereby you will be able to indicate which services the given airline require in their json file.

For now I agree that not requesting baggage is quite unrealistic especially given the phantom baggage the passengers check in which never gets loaded to the airplane, so what I do is bump up the star rating of all airlines (even the low cost ones) so that they always require baggage, but then, unfortunately, also cleaning and catering…

You can amend the rating in the airline json file. Be careful however because 0 means 1, 1 means 2, 2 means 3 and so on.

@zekew11, if the full overhaul is too cumbersome, would you be open to adjusting the current system in the next patch, so that 2* airlines require baggage but not cleaning/catering on their low haul and medium haul flights? That would give us an ability to have European low cost airlines like Ryanair or Wizzair behave more realistically.

3 Likes

Thanks for info - I think maybe an override for “All aircraft require baggage” similar to what we already have for small aircraft setting. I would argue even 1 star airlines too use baggage (Ryanair and Spirit as examples of ultra low cost) :wink:

Are add-on/custom airlines able to have their star rating changed, and if so where might I find the files downloaded to? Thanks (of course, being respectful to author of the files)

2 Likes

you have to copy the mods from the workshop folder on C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\workshop\content\673610 to your native mod folder on C:\Users[yourusernameishere]\AppData\Roaming\Apoapsis Studios\Airport CEO\Mods and then you can adjust the star ratings.

Note: in the workshop folder, each mod is there with the steamid.
And, as you mentioned allready, never upload them again to steam :slight_smile:

1 Like