Airport CEO Alpha 36 released (The Emergency Update)

I have a remote stand that is serviced by a plane, that is closed and has errors on it.

Summary

Bug report gives a 500 error

Reload solved it.

Its repeatable, so no fluke

Summary

https://puu.sh/GpVez/054f54d797.png

Lol, a reload disappeared a ramp, and the runway is giving no errors. ~ 32482

Summary

3 Likes

Why do I need now two small de-iceing pads? For GA and commercial?
There should be a third option to accept bothā€¦

5 Likes

Why is it possible to build Oil depots underground, but not De-Icing fluit depot?

My builders have issues, they stand around and do not move ~ 325xx and 32510 (after reload) ~ AFter a unity crash on a second reload attempt, I booted into the game again, and they started moving again.

Just now, I stumbled upon a international zone artifact, the zoning did not update after a removal of an object that did remove the zone under it. (international manned checkpoint). The same with unmanned checkpoints.

It seems the demolish bug is only an issue, if you have build terminal, and then want to delete something that is not terminal. But its not really constant in appearing.

The slider in the De-ice-fluid order bar is reversed from the Oil sliders.

With the baggage loading bug unresolved, its hard to push the airfield to 95% satisfaction.

Can we get a slider to force the pathfinder to first handle commercial traffic and GA traffic after?

2 Likes

When a Volcano moves a flight, it also moves all repeating flights connected with that flight. That makes a big mess later in the week. Can a Volcano please only move flights that are in the time-frame of the Volcano and all flights that are then bounced forward, but not all repeating flights, of the original and all those bounced flights.

It took me a while to figure out how the mess happened. Also, Volcanoā€™s seem not to have cool-down timers, so you get one every 48-72h

For now, what would really help;

• make it so that all bounced flights, from the Volcano are bounced within the auto-plannerā€™s scope, so, with restricted time in mind, even when night flights are unlocked on field, but not active on stands. ~ Bounced flights even could be auto-assigned again, with priority, by the auto-planner in the original scope, on the day in question ~
  • make it possible to adapt flights listed in the restricted time, forced there by a Volcano; now you cant, they are blocked from rescheduling.
3 Likes

Well, a 2 percent chance is still a chanceā€¦ :smiley:

It didnā€™t really have any purpose or impact so it was simply removed.

Yes!

Yes, but currently bugged.

5 Likes

Sure, but on the 1st time :v ?

Also, the reason I was suggesting the ability to set salary is perhaps to add more dynamics to union strikes, and also a way to counter the increase to salary from negotiating with staffs later on.

2 Likes

Dear devs @Olof & @Fredrik,

i have been following the development of the economic side since the beginning and you have also revised the rating.
But for me it is still a bit too simple or not profound enough in the economic area.
a 1 star airline pays as much for flights as a 3/4 star airline. Also the landing fees, passenger fees etc. should be adjusted according to the reputation of the airline. The cheaper the airline, the cheaper the income. What you then negotiate in the contracts is then the next step.
You have made such a big, great and important step in the development of the simulation, now the economic focus has to be adjusted (also the fact that you get 2-3 star inquiries at the beginning, but that was already a topic)
You are doing a good job!!!

2 Likes

I feel that if the economic system in the game got more complex, some people would be to overwhelmed. In my honest opinion, I think the current system is complex. Also, what game is that screenshot from?

1 Like

But in my opinion it would be understandable for everyone, if cheap airlines can/would pay less
than expensive/prestige airlines.
This is a game from 2000 - Airport Tycoon/Airport Inc.

4 Likes

@Jet Oversimplifying might not be the answer to all. Try to please all - please none.

2 Likes

I donā€™t understand why a lower rated airline should pay less. In real life they have to pay the same price for the services.

Thatā€™s why low cost carriers try to save the money in other things.
For example: a jetbridge costs more, so thats why many lcc prefer remote gates. And to save money for the stair truck service, Ryanair even mounted own stairs in itā€™s planes.

3 Likes

This game has the potential to become a leading one in airport simulation, I donā€™t think devs should shy from complexity. Otherwise there is always flight tycoon if you want simple :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

Except the devs have explicitly stated that this is a tycoon game, not a simulator.

======
That being said, I still wish for more depth in the management aspect. But as andy mentioned, rather than having multiple price points for airlines, Iā€™d find itā€™s better to make higher stars have additional requirements, e.g. automated bag drops, ticket/sales office, lounges, etc. That being said, at the current implementation, higher star airline already brings in potentially higher revenue on account of them bringing in larger planes than lower star ones, which can pack in more pax.

7 Likes

The management feedback can be a lot better at a lot of places. Just a few of the top of my head;

• Liquidity development over time, as a trend
  • Peak movement in staff demand, per type
  • Peak movement in vehicle demand, per type ~ which would show non used stock numbers, so you could choose to dump vehicles to save costs
  • It should be possible to leverage loans as current accounts, the daily report should report your leverage position and your ROI in percentages on ā€œloaned capitalā€. Within the scope of the loan, you should be able to scale the loan up or down by choice.
  • Traffic shaping; you cannot choose priority in planes, traffic paths or connect stands and strips. If you could block traffic like in OpenTTD, it would be possible to manage ground flow. Also, when you could connect stands with runways, you dont have to come up with the current weird mix of ground directions for your grid. You could manage volume per runway and related traffic pressure on traffic lanes. Also, runways should be be configurable for up / down per plane size/type. But if you can manage stands per runway, then that is no issue.

@Jet its Airport Tycoon screenshot I think.

5 Likes

Thanks for your feedback. The tycoon part needs more depth. What is the point of airline ratings if a 1/2 star rated airline has fewer requirements but pays the same amount? And yes, then they only get one remote stand, but in the game all airlines are equal, although they have ratings

1 Like

Few issues which I encountered, rather important :slight_smile:

1. Money in sandbox is still getting low when I buy things - it shouldnā€™t. ACEO-32573
  2. Sometimes pax are using only one self boarding desk, despite that there are 3 other self boarding desks and 1 normal. It causes huge delays when there are over 500pax on A380. ACEO-32570
  3. Right now I have 5 large stands opened, which 3 are domestic, 5 signed contracts with airlines. But I didnā€™t get any domestic large flightā€¦ Game time was about 1hr. Of course I have realistic international stands ON. I allowed on one stand to accept medium airplanes, but only one flight showed in 15 minutes of gameplay. I think itā€™s a bit too less. My airport is located in Warsaw, Poland. Is it normal or thatā€™s a bug? I havenā€™t played a while and Iā€™m not sure whether large domestic stands will have many flights
1 Like

Keep in mind plane routes are also generated based on its minimum/maximum distance, so large flights wonā€™t just appear between Warsaw and Gdansk. Likewise, itā€™s possible for the game to generate large plane flights from New York to Honolulu / Anchorage (domestic).

3 Likes

I was writing this as an observation to the other post I made, but feels like this belongs here; is it possible to extend the turnaround time for large planes involved in an emergency? Accepting a large plane with emergency that requires refueling, Iā€™ve seen a lot of delays in turnaround on account of the time it takes to refuel the aircraft.

1 Like

Good evening all! Hereā€™s todayā€™s fixes in Alpha 36.3-4, dropped on the experimental branch for a few hours of soaking before being put on the default branch if proven stable than -3 which is currently deployed there.

The issue with internal zones being spawned outside of stands is fixed but the zones need to be cleared manually in order to disappear, they will not reappear once removed.

Release notes - Airport CEO - Version Alpha 36.3-4

Bug

• [ACEO-32288] - Incorrect validation method for construction materials can cause new deliveries to not be invoked
  • [ACEO-32291] - Zones for stands with no gate or terminal attached can incorrectly spawn immediately on ground
  • [ACEO-32355] - Uncaught null reference check in path analysis tool can cause panel to stuck
  • [ACEO-32356] - Unhandled null reference exception when loading emergency investigation panel can cause the UI to deadlock
  • [ACEO-32417] - Deserialization process can invoke UI label update too early causing loading process to break
  • [ACEO-32488] - Contract negotiation panel not always closing correctly
  • [ACEO-32492] - Uncaught null reference exception in contractor execution can cause demolition process to stall
  • [ACEO-32533] - Automatic navigation setting on some buttons causes excessive null reference exception prints in build degrading performance
  • [ACEO-32534] - Localization missing on resulotion change prompt
  • [ACEO-32535] - Cooldown time for certian major emergencies does not work
  • [ACEO-32536] - Vehicles that can't be colored have a set color option in management panel
  • [ACEO-32546] - Certain local machine calendars causes argument out of range exceptions at deboarding of passengers
  • [ACEO-32576] - Sidewalk can be dragged over anything if starting point is already walkable

More fixes coming tomorrow!

12 Likes

Yay, my first bug report that has been patched! (It is the only one I have subbmited and then posted on fourm.) otherwise, Good job devs! :heart:

3 Likes