Airport CEO Alpha 36 released (The Emergency Update)

Thanks, I forgot about it. Anyway I had only one medium domestic flight, so it’s still not right I think

2 Likes

Suggestion; pls try running a test while destructing 1000 pieces of secure zoned sidewalk. :wink: ~ 1/2fps for a long time :wink: ~ dont dare to start a bugreport :wink:

2 Likes

Sidewalks are okay. Now try doing it on the fences.

2 Likes

I did build and destructed 1400 pieces of fence, no problem, the issue with the secure zoned pavement is, every removal of a sidewalk piece, brakes a secure zone, so you have 400 secure zones coming into existence and unmerging.

2 Likes

We are of course very aware of performamce issues when demolishing large ampunts of objects, however since it’s not really that common that players randomly delete 1000 zones at once it does not have priority at this point. It will of course be looked at as part of beta, however.

Edit: Alpha 36.3-4 is now deployed on the default branch!

9 Likes

I just found out the next thing, you can build runways under terminal? :smiley: ~ but no stands :wink: !

3 Likes

Runways under terminal should NOT be a thing hahaha

3 Likes

I’ve noticed that you can remove foundations and sidewalks much faster, when you unzone security/international zones there first. If it has to be removed when demolishing, it lags terrible.

5 Likes

Oh, yeah, why did I not think of that :frowning:

2 Likes

Perhaps it’s because the pathfinding and the zones are recalculated everytime you remove one tile of zone? Just a guess.

2 Likes

Yeah, I got that.

About recalculating; when a plane has to taxi a lot to get to a de-icing stand, the temperature can have been changed, which means then the de-icing stand is no longer active, but then the plane is lost. Can de-icing equipment please stay as long as a platform has planes on route?

2 Likes

Made a report out of it: ACEO-32623

3 Likes

Is that a new change? So far, the plane went to de-iceing and waited there a moment to realize that the cars have left. Then it continued to the runway.

2 Likes

Yeah, never had that before, but atm I have a large complicated field.

2 Likes

That shouldn’t be the the problem. Bigger maps work(ed?) fine with de-iceing. I would have to test my airport with the newest patch but atm I can’t play.

3 Likes

see here ~ my biggest issue is, like normal, very large block reservations by planes. I would really like to make my own “path” blocks. It is also causing push-back delays, what gives negative ratings from airlines, while those delays are completely unnecessary.

See this; I have a 80 min window and have set the auto-planner on “always send away”, this is what I mean with push-back delays. You can see the flights before them are fully processed already. ~ the only thing that can cause big issues is vulcano’s, but I have none atm.

3 Likes

The pushback issue, i.e. caused by aircraft occupying nodes too far from itself, will be fixed in beta 2. Beta 2 will also feature taxiway holding points that only allow aircraft of a certain size.

21 Likes

That´s pretty good news; one of the features, which will improve my airport layouts a lot! :smiley:

4 Likes

Awesome news!

2 Likes

That´s true for sidewalks, but unfortunally it does not help a lot for demolishing Terminal areas. I know my PC is not the best, but ACEO runs quit stable nervertheless - as long as I don´t demolish Terminal pieces… :sweat_smile: :joy:
Whenever I demolish those, the FPS drop a lot, and the screen freezes for a few seconds. Currently it is not a big issue, as I simply wait untill everything is deleted, but it brakes the game flow a little

3 Likes