Airport CEO Alpha 36 released (The Emergency Update)

Updated to 36.3-3, started a new Sandbox airport for quick testing, but bug ACEO-32152 is still there :frowning: Can’t board any flights… the check-in works fine, but when boarding time rolls around, the passenger service agents just never bother showing up… do I need to make a staff room in the secure zone? I tried this on my old save with no luck, but never tried it on a fresh save.

2 Likes

So first of all Congrats on now being in BETA!! :smiley: @Olof @Fredrik
So my question is if wind and weather will be updated during beta. Because i often have around 20-40 kts of wind on an average daily. And it can snow in the summer and be around 0 degrees. Also i just got a hurricane warning with winds up to 25 kts. At the time of the warning i had around 30 kts. :stuck_out_tongue:
And will wind heading be a thing that could be fun and cool to have? Not needed, more for fun. But i also know to much side wind could force you to close the rwy? When and how do we know if we need to do that?

4 Likes

So after trying most emergencies… they emergency landing that involves clearing a stand are very dissapointing - the ambulance/police just sit there for a few seconds and then leave, no animations, no medics/officers rush to the plane, not leaving with suspect/ill person. Maybe my expectations were to high but after seeing and knowing the accuracy of this game in regarding of every aspect of it I was a little dissapointed.

2 Likes

How is this supposed to work @Olof?
That didn’t worked. Also with test incident I’ve got a “Oh no?” but nothing else. [8] wasn’t accepted as well. Tried other numbers too.

Or do you have a list of numbers which do work?

/edit: solved… you have to wait a big while after each reload of the save

2 Likes

Is anyone else getting non-stop “Weather Alert: A hurricane is approaching!” notifications?

2 Likes

Yeah, i’m getting way too many it feels like. Where my airport is located would probably just have the occasional storm :stuck_out_tongue: haha.

3 Likes

I’m glad I’m not the only one, I thought it was just my game acting up.

Also I’m not too thrilled about the introduction of Emergencies so far, I’ve only gotten ones that require a hanger for repairs, which I had 5 on-going at once. And the repairs themselves take 24 hours or more so you have to devote a lot of space for hangers. Plus the way my airport is set up, I have the gates divided into 2 separate “eco-systems” with there own runway and no interaction between them. Which was the only way I could fix plane pathfinding issues and delays. So now I need hangers for both sides.

I really wish there was a option to disable or decrease the frequency of emergencies. Is there anyway to change the difficulty setting of savegame that is already created?

2 Likes

A question about the emergency landings for the commercial flights:

What is the expected reaction from the player?

• Have a stand always ready for emergencies and miss it’s normal generated income?
  • Cancel another flight so a stand becomes available and suffer the consequences?
  • Accept but fail, or deny the emergency?

It feels like there is no correct way to handle these emergency landings, certainly with 3/4 happening a day.

2 Likes

Depends on the size of your airport. With a huge airport, a player may can effort a gate blocked for such cases. Otherwise you have time to shift all flights as good as possible to prevent cancellations.

2 Likes

@dallas explained :wink:

3 Likes

that’s where player strategy comes into play :slight_smile: I personally have an emergency stand and will, when handling multiple ones at the same time, cancel a flight. I do wish that flights could be rescheduled closer to the landing time (at least 2 hours prior) so that it gives more flexibility when handling emergencies. And that you could reschedule independent flights that are on the autoplanner stand setting without having to manually disable it.

3 Likes

Yes, that would be nice, but there are (at least) two big issues which need to be solved to make this possible. All passengers are checked in and waiting in the terminal. That means:

1. If you change to a stand with another baggage bay, all the checked in luggage is stuck on the wrong bay
  2. If you change to a stand of another terminal, passengers are in the wrong terminal and security zone. They would have to leave and now, we would need terminal transfers.
3 Likes

How can you get a fine for this, when you have no fuel services on your field?

Second question, what are the mitigating ways? I just got fined in my current 4th oil crisis, but have no idea how to avoid that.

Do events like Oil Crisis, have cool-down timers?

Just got a fine for in flight problems, with 2 police vehicles on field? When bug-reporting the game crashed.

2 Likes

Questions i have atm.
Will the wind and weather be updates? Because i have summer and -10 and about 30kts daily. Will enough side wind to a rwy cause delays?

Also in there a way to copy and make a template and then use this in another save?

2 Likes

You can make templates with copy tool for rooms and internal parts of the terminal. I haven’t seen anything what could be used for the external parts.

3 Likes

When the first version of A36 was released, I had only bird strike emergencies, now I don’t have even one emergency, so I decided to create a topic in the forum. Here’s my topic, if you have any solution please post here. I don't have a single emergency! With emergency R&D unlocked!

2 Likes

Hey again,

why do a1 star rated airline pay the same (Smal: 2500,- & Medium: 6000,-) like a 3 star rated airline?
Where is the competition getting a better rated airline?

2 Likes

If you use the template tool, the save it to the template bar/save bar then it is avilible universally.

2 Likes

In the dev blog I thought I’ve seen something about a bird strike prevention system, but can’t find anything like that in game.

2 Likes

The Bird Strike Prevention System, I’m assuming that’s what you mean. Is an upgrade on the runway like the PAPI lights.

4 Likes