How to make a world bigger

This is the shortened version of

this will show you how to make a world larger than the defalt 700x700.

step 1: open up ACEO as normal, make a new game, save it. call it something original so it’s different than you’re other saves

step 2: open up your JSON file editor, if you don’t have one download one off the internet. i used one called “Ultra Edit”

step 3: when you try to find the file, you want to type “%appdata%” into the “pc” part of file explorer (i have a windows 10, i’m sorry mac users)
like this

then follow this path: apoapsis studios> Airport CEO>Saves

once here, open you’re save file you want to edit, i want to edit “XL World” so i open that

here, the file you want to worry about is the one called “Game Data” (i’ve already edited this world, you won’t see the one called “GameData.json.bak”)

step 4: edit ONLY the worldsize x and y (z if you want but you don’t get more flores)
they are found here

(again, i’ve already edited these, they are originally 700)

Step 5: change x and y to your desired size
Caution larger worlds take longer to load and can be unstable, use with caution

Step 6: save you work on the JSON editor, if you did it right, there should be a green dot beside the project title (see picture above)

Step 7: load your save in ACEO. DO NOT SAVE saving will reset the JSON file, save after you reload.

Step 8: enjoy you world, but there is this:

you’ll have to F10 and disabled construction sim to reach that

there you go, now you know how to make worlds bigger
If you need help, you can message me

also, you won’t have support from the dev team should you find a bug, be advised

6 Likes

not sure if this belongs under “modding” or “tutorials” could someone please tell me?

1 Like

+1
Always the first thing I do. I usually build a horizontal road first at the bottom and replace the construction stuff before I save and leave the game.

1 Like

Welcome no-fun!

1 Like

As you go step be step it’s a tutorial

1 Like

Keep in mind that by doing this, you no longer get the support from the version and things break.

I’m currently trying to figure out why jetways do not work on my airport with everything set up and zoned correctly. If i remove the jetways, everything works.

If i add the jetway, an aircraft literally gets stuck on the runway.

Mod carefully

3 Likes

k, changing now

1 Like

Totally correct, if you alter the map size logically all support drops from the devs, so please also always state that you have altered the map size if you report an issue with the game on the forum. Maybe even better to open a separate thread for issues when you changed the map size, so you can discuss it and maybe sort it out amongst yourselves and the devs do not have to take a look at it.

3 Likes

You can simply edit the saving by notepad

1 Like

interesting, didn’t know that.

1 Like

When in construction mode, normally, small squares are displayed on the screen. But if we increase the size of the map, the framing is still in config 700 * 700. Do you have an idea to also increase the framing?

1 Like

There is none. that grid is part of the game’s coding and not the save’s coding.

1 Like

Any ideas what Z does? (@Alexander)

1 Like

Great feature!
I just do not see how to move the relocated road. What should I do exactly in the F10 menu? I tried to switch off “simulate construction” and ‘sandbox’ on.

You don’t need to. Just place a new contractor/delivery site.

Ah, okay! I increased the land of an existing airport. Therefore it would have fitted well to my existing road if we could have moved the connecting-road.
Thanks anyway for your answer!

Well, you can also edit the StructureData.json file if you really want it. But it’s quite tedious. You have to find all “PublicRoad” entries and correct the x-values :
{“x”:180.5,“y”:56.5,“z”:0.0}

Ow yeah, there are loads of them!
I imagine that it would alter my public roads instead of the connecting-road, isn’t it? In that case, they would collide with the terminal.
Even though it’s suboptimal, I’ll just redesign my road-system.

Yes, I recommend you do it right after you start a new airport, because the more roads you build by yourself, the more roads you’ll find in the json-file. Later it’s hard to differ.

1 Like

Or just use the search funtion for the word “Worldsize”.