Airport CEO Alpha 35 released (The Terminal Update)

I’ve written this somewhere else but we’ll take a good and proper look at the flight generation from start to finish in beta! :slight_smile:

No, we nothing relating to saving or loading was changed in this most recent update, only a few minor bug fixes. Does this happen with every save you load? New airports? What if you save a new airport and then load it?

5 Likes

All saves for airports under A35.5-4 load and run successfully.
All saves for airports saved prior to A35.5-4 dropping (A35.5-3 and A35.5-2) all give Windows BSoD, or occasionally, a Unity error and back to Desktop.

The only difference between A35.5-4 builds is that some of the -4 saves have Mods included (mainly custom airlines). I uninstalled/unsubscribed all mods/reinstalled ACEO to eliminate this and still the pre- -4 saves do not load.

1 Like

I know my airport is a bit oversized but it’s a good example how the current aircraft pathfinding breaks the whole game. I don’t know how it would be when we now get emergencies.

Biggest issues causing all the troubles in the video:

• Aircrafts block the whole path they need from gate to runway / runway to gate.
    Some planes wait for hours to cross an intersection which is free for hours, because the plane who blocks the path is blocked by another plane. And that plane is blocked by another and so on.
  • Medium aircrafts do only use the medium runway to start instead the two large one where they are also allowed to start at
  • Arriving aircrafts choose random a runway instead trying to use the closest one. This causes that the path around the whole airport is blocked

Here a short time-lapse. At the end it was like this for more than 24 ingame hours.

I really hope this is going to be addressed in A36 and not postponed until Beta. As far as I remember when I started to play last November, it worked much better.

5 Likes

Hey no-fun,
Hey everybody,

I know the taxi-system - although it has improved a lot already - is annoying sometimes. But for the size of your airport the traffic flow is not too bad, though. I mean you do have a pretty constant flow and a pretty good line up behavior, so the planes are taking off one after the other. I mean I have taxi times up to one and a half hour for arriving planes, which is quite unrealistic. But the turnaround time is also unrealistic, which means that the taxi time is in most cases in proportion to the turnaround time not too bad, indeed.

But what I can definitly understand is your second point. Due to my “weak” Laptop, I cannot run more then three our four big birds at the same time, but since I don´t want to miss them, I have (only) four large stands. And to run those an the large runway is

• on the one hand very expensive for only 16 flights per day.
  • And on the other hand it is very unefficient that my small and medium aircraft squeeze at the Medium RWs, although the large one is totally free.

I do not really understand, why there is an option to choose which aircraft are allowed to use a specific RW, when the planes ignore this anyway… So this option is quite pointless, I guess.

Another matter is the Runway Entry/Exit behaviour: For some reason the planes ignore the direction settings when they use them for Taxiing (And not for lining up or vacating).

Greetings
Leon

1 Like

ACEO 26250 “Terminal areas do not persist correctly across save states when using custom world size”

Can someone tell me how to use custom world size?

1 Like

Check out this topic. But all changes, possible bugs and performance issues go at your own risk.

/edit @Jet is in love again I see lol

2 Likes

i didn’t know how to make the world bigger before. lol :smile:

:smirk: :smirk: Could this mean we see A36 soon? :smirk::smirk:

4 Likes

Huh, how did you create those diagonal taxi paths??

1 Like

You can just plop your taxi paths one-at-a-time, in a diagonal path, and the aircraft will follow. There won’t be a diagonal line drawn (the only aesthetic drawback), but if you toggle your taxi paths view “on,” and see that you have the blue dots in a diagonal path, aircraft will follow that path. If you want it to be one-way, you will have the set that on a straight, horizontal or vertical path before or after the diagonal path.

4 Likes

Also aircraft follow it smoothly too - they don’t go left and right, but straight diagonal. Works quite well actually.

1 Like

I got to say first time I see diagonal taxiways work this smooth. Maybe developers will add a little cosmetic to taxiway lines so when user places them diagonal; taxi lines (both center and edge) will also be diagonal.

4 Likes

It works well. But placing one-way paths looks very ugly with the icons.

1 Like

What do I need to unluck to be able to build international zones?

1 Like

A commercial license. If I recall correctly, it should be in the security tab.

I got the first commercial license, but it doesn’t show up. Do I need to research other things as well?

1 Like

It should all be unlocked in the first one.

maybe I should reload the game then.

Edit: that worked. Thanks @Jet

1 Like

Glad to hear! :smiley: