Airport CEO Alpha 36 released (The Emergency Update)

Thanks for the new update and congratulations on (almost) reaching Beta phase!

I was wondering, has there been any wordt on the modding and or skinning of the emergency vehicles?

2 Likes

“I am sure that we will see an … somewhen.”

It sounds somehow not optimistic. A month ago I started correcting the Russian translation. He was very clumsy, and not complete. For a whole month I read and corrected it, several hours a day, but when I opened the experimental Alpha, I realized that simply translating, according to a single, created terminology, is half the battle. Everything in the game is crooked, goes beyond the interface windows, words are poorly chosen, not synchronous, does not fit the place in the game. In general, bad. When I need to finish correcting the translated and the translation itself, it will be necessary to research everything in the game, doing the passage. And there were no Russian planes, and no. I start to feel sad, my motivation falls. And the TU-154 with D-30 engines would buzz in the ear, it would be another matter! Bringing the translation to the correct one will require a lot of time and effort, as it turned out, and if no one had done it a year before me, now that everything has been translated, no one but me will complete it, and soon the beta version will not have much time.

So guys, @Alexander, @Olof, @Fredrik the guarantee of a high-quality Russian translation is the presence of at least one Russian aircraft in the game at the stage of testing and correcting the translation.

2 Likes

Power surge, self check in desks do not reopen after. Having to delete and purchase them again.
Baggage drop as mentioned by others, flight is open only on one when there is multiple available.
Security, passengers queue up on the same check point instead of using an empty one.
Weather emergency’s do not continue to the next day on the schedule.
Mayday emergencies occur during weather emergency’s when the airport isn’t accepting arrivals.
Sandbox selection in the debag menu doesn’t work.

2 Likes

I havent’ a bug report for this yet but will follow later:

Every new placed stand creates a new security zone if it is not connected to another existing stand nextby. When you have a big number ob stands like this and you switch to construction mode, FPS drops a lot.
This issue can appear a lot when you work with many remote gates which have a road or taxiway between eachother.

We can make this issue even worst when we decide now to switch those stands to international:

on every stand, two tiles at the designated passenger arrival and departure side will be marked as 1x1 international zone. If you have 10 remote gates, you get 20 new international zones on your airport. Say goodbye to your FPS when you switch to constuction mode.
You have to remove those unneeded international zones manually and they won’t come back. (even after reloading the game, that’s good)

2 Likes

On Steam achievements; Do you have to start a new airport to trigger them again? Been playing my current A36 build and nothing triggers, example, launch your first aircraft, and finish all research should have triggered immediately.

No, my A36 save never did use cheats, and I already got those achievements before with this game. So, have to start a new game?

2 Likes

These are tied immediately to the save and I need bug reports with save data in order to resolve them as the instruction here alone is not enough.

2 Likes

It might :wink: We did some changes in the code which invalidated some older saves. Works on a fresh save for me.

A lot of ui-changes and fixes will be delivered during the beta phase. Text beyond panels etc. is one of the points we will make sure works in different languages.

5 Likes

We’re hotfixing this update with a fix for a check-in desk serialization issue (ACEO-32271), same version number as before and will go immediately to the default branch! :slight_smile:

This update also contained one, hopefully final, achievements reset!

7 Likes

I’ve made you a great example with some further information regarding the international zones at remote gates @devs, check ACEO-32291 :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Plane is on the taxiway, nothing in the way but it just stand in place without moving…

2 Likes

Found an issue: In the notifications bar I can use the button ‘show all notifications’ to blend out all of the categories. But pressing it again does not show all categories again…

3 Likes

Thank you everyone for your continued bug reporting! Here’s Alpha 36.3-3 with an initial round of fixes since the default deployment. It will soak on the experimental branch for 24 hours and if all looks good then be transitioned on to the default, as per usual.

Release notes - Airport CEO - Version Alpha 36.3-3

Bug

• [ACEO-32269] - World notifications not removed when stand is demolished
  • [ACEO-32284] - Missing null reference check in path analysis tool can cause tool breakdown
  • [ACEO-32297] - Uncaught null reference exception can cause boarding procedure incorrectly be aborted
  • [ACEO-32298] - Converting to other foundation repairs runway
  • [ACEO-32302] - Franchise contracts can in rare instances activate for (incorrect) negotiation availability
  • [ACEO-32305] - Hilma af Klint achievement does not unlock when painted through management panel
  • [ACEO-32307] - Resolution settings not scaling correctly when set
10 Likes

In addition to my question about modding and or skinning the emergency vehicles I also found that recoloring an ambulance actually paints the entire ambulances instead of it’s base color. All the details also get an overlay.

See the attached image. The entire ambulance gets a red hue instead of just the frame/base.

3 Likes

I saw a post a some time ago about the emergency response when their is an emc landing, that it should be more than just one fire truck that goes there. And i would think that would be very cool visually.

2 Likes

Here is it as you can see i’ve rebuilt all the security hence no ques yet, in the job panel the jobs are available but employees are not grabbing them (only for security) all other employee are doing their jobs.

2 Likes

… aand the ambulance itself doesn’t color, it stays yellow.

2 Likes

Closing a deicing pad does not send the deicing truck away. Shouldn’t the deicing truck be sent away to another pad that is open or parking lot/depot?

4 Likes

It is is inconsistent, however, I would prefer all closed stands to keep their vehicle assignments. Now when you have to adapt a stand or dependent entity, the fastest way is to close it. After you have to assign vehicles again. Very annoying if you close a whole wing of stands. Only on deletion vehicles should loose assignments.

Also, active, assigned vehicles, should count on stands, parking spaces and depots for the “assigned” count.

4 Likes

So Fredrik, Olof, do I get an achievement for managing this? Using my charm to win the negotiation instead of paying up :v

On a related note, is the ability to set salaries removed from 1.0? I remember this was a thing back when ACEO first released, plus in the Board it’s mentioned under HR that hiring one would allow you to adjust salaries.

4 Likes

350 actually i fyou build both radar pieces

2 Likes