Airport CEO Alpha 36 released (The Emergency Update)

This is zoom 5 lol

4 Likes

When setting “always send away”, your airline ratings go up slowly.

When disable the setting “always send away”, your airline ratings drop very very fast.

Please give us statistics under the hood. Sending planes away without PAX a lot, does not make sense.

This lost me about 300k turnover a day.

Would it be possible make a connection button for a parking to a Catering depot, as queuing space?

2 Likes

Thank you!

3 Likes

What do you think about the idea of difficulty dependend emergencies @Olof ?

Many players will start the game with a easy difficulty mode to get used to it.
They come to a point where they can effort money for a hangar, fire and police department. When they build it, it should get used, otherwise they feel like the game is broken and spent all the ingame money for nothing.

So why not making emergencies in the easiest mode(s) depending on the available infrastructure. Example:

• Very Easy:
    Offer emergencies depending on the built infrastructure (small, medium, large), 0 to 3 emergencies per day
    No desasters with economical effects (virus outbreaks, volcano etc)

• Easy:
    Offer emergencies depending on the built infrastructure (small, medium, large), 1 to 5 emergencies per day
    Economical desasters possible

Otherwise, the option to build this infrastructure should be disabled in easy modes and the chance of an emergency should be turned off completely.

2 Likes

@andyc, start your game at Easy. Then, when you’re ready for increased difficulty:

1. Save your game
  2. Edit GameData.json
  3. Find “playerDifficultySetting”. This is case-sensitive.
  4. Change value. 0 is Easy, 3 is Extreme
  5. Save the file
  6. Reload the airport
2 Likes

I know how to do that, but in the view of a new player which does not know anything about Json and editing savegames, the new emergency stuff is currently useless when playing a very easy mode.

3 Likes

I’ve got that one again today. I do have only Sandbox savegames.

3 Likes

Well, the point of the emergency system is not to cuddle the player and spawn such depending on if you have certain structures built or not, it’s to offer the player a challenge and a bit of a disruption to your everyday operations. If you want to traffic passengers via the commercial license that comes with a certain amount of responsibility and one of those responsibilities is to handle emergencies, that’s just part of the default game design philosophy of ACEO. This is why we’re against implementing an “emergency stand” feature as well and auto-planning them because that’s very much just cuddling the player, automating stuff and then sort of removing an actionable aspect of the challenge. It’s completely fine to just ignore all emergencies as you go in any difficulty level, easy to extreme, but you’ll have to literally pay for it.

Beta will instead feature a wider array of sandbox settings so that, if you want, you can simply turn off the emergencies (or other things) but still continue playing on your preferred difficulty setting! :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Looking at it right now! So this happened immediately at reload of a sandbox save?

2 Likes

I think it must have happened during loading. I didn’t noticed a Steam Popup.

2 Likes

A minor Q that kinda detracts from the previous convo a bit, but is there a reason why the launch options was removed on launch (i.e. resolution and graphics quality)?

5 Likes

“Airport not airworthy emergencies” regularly end in fines, while the airport has a lot of spare hangar space for all aircraft types. And since the mails have no indicators about performance, I wonder what is the issue. Also, can aircraft with repair requests please have a maximum prio in ground control queuing?

The pathfinder allows PAX to travel unbuild travelators. 31918

3 Likes

We did a major engine upgrade for Alpha 36 in which Unity completely removed this feature for some strange reason, unfortunately. We will rebuild the graphics settings in the in-game graphics panel menu as soon as possible.

9 Likes

Will there be a way to adjust the resolution outside of the game? There are rare cases across different Unity games I found where the engine fails to pick up the native resolution for some players. Sorry if it sounds very specific/niche.

2 Likes

We will store the settings in the game setting data .json, so yes via text editor.

2 Likes

Two minor observations/questions:

1. What is the purpose of negotiating contracts, if you already got the best “deal” out of it (e.g. max fees for planes)? The penalties of failing to negotiate such a good deal isn’t that big of a deal. If there is no other future point, would it be possible to add a button to reject any negotiation for a contract?
  2. It seems that cleaning trucks and catering trucks are very slow when moving around in the stand, as opposed to something like the fuel truck trailer, the baggage loader, or the baggage cart. In service roads, they drive just as fast. Is it possible to speed this animations up a bit?
3 Likes

:smiley: this one works as intended :smiley:

4 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: Issue with secure zone design

2 posts were split to a new topic: Issue with secure zone design

Last update of the week rolling out now! Alpha 32.2-8 with the following updates:

Release notes - Airport CEO - Version Alpha 36.2-8

Bug

• [ACEO-31747] - GA aircraft traffic continues despite active emergencies blocking commercial flights
  • [ACEO-31848] - Stand assigned stair trucks do not always claim job task originating from their assigned stand
  • [ACEO-31864] - Baggage bay displays incorrect world notification message when not staffed
  • [ACEO-31865] - Hangars not unlocked with commercial license R&D project
  • [ACEO-31871] - Aircraft can in rare instances deadlock inside hangars after repair completion
  • [ACEO-31887] - Incorrect settings on road check-points can cause animals to in rare occasions sneak in
  • [ACEO-31919] - If a boarding process is terminated without being completed job task is not resumed by other employees stalling the flight
  • [ACEO-31923] - "The scientist" achievement is immediately awarded when enabling sandbox mode
  • [ACEO-31924] - Typo in description of airport utility building

A default deployment is not far away now, we’ll evaluate the health of this version over the weekend and take a decision of a default deployment date starting next week.

9 Likes