Airport CEO Alpha 32 released (The Turnaround Update)

Hey, nice to have you back !
Regarding the Astar issue, I started a brand new save, it simply disappeared. Maybe, my initial save got corrupted after several update.
Regarding the bug report, would it be possible to increase file size ? Currently, i can’t report any bug via the tool since my saves are always too big.

Hey guys.
Maybe I’m the one who is an idiot, but there are some issues with the aircraft stands. Some of them are missing from the planner, but the other thing is that, the jetway is missing too, so after embarking, the passengers are mooving downstairs to floor zero, and reach the aircraft. Boarding is on the first floor. Any guesses?

I’m not sure about the flight planner issue but there is an easy fix to your boarding problem. You can just click on a stand, click upgrades, and click “Build Jetway”. It’ll cost you $10,000 (I think) but they’ll board on the first floor. Are the stands that do not show up have commercial aircraft enabled? :grinning:

3 Likes

OMFG, how dumb…:smiley: Thank you! This also fixed my other problem, so everything is cool :slight_smile: Thanks and sorry for the silly question.

1 Like

No silly questions.
Others are happy to find them answered. Thanks for asking.

1 Like

… and will include fixes that are really originating from Alpha 31. I’ve read everything here and have a very full backlog of bug reports so the coming days will be all about looking at the big picture bugs, clearing them and deploying updates! Depending on the amount of work we get done, and how well we begin to plan stuff, we might as I mentioned earlier release a dev log but we want it to be qualitative and informative so we might wait a few extra days just to let you in on a better estimate of what’s to come. Today we’ve done mostly organizational stuff such as filing receipts, changing file management system, replying to more e-mails, updating software and @Alexander has had a good boxing round with the first German bug reports. By then end of it he’ll no doubt be fluent in German, which is a nice perk. Feels really good to be back!! :heart_eyes:

14 Likes

Hi, i noticed that the „Secret“ has been moved today.

Any news for us on this ? :grinning:

Sorry I am quite dumb so how to you allow the apply the mod addons that I have downloaded from the steam workshop into the game. Does it have something to do with me having experimental mode on?

No there is a toturial on it please have a look at mod sections thanks

1 Like

You need to activate them within the mod window from the start menu.

Good evening! Here’s this week’s first update as promised, a lot of all-round bug fixes but naturally a heavy focus on bug fixes for the new turnaround services. As of right now we’re looking to have Alpha 32 on the default branch as soon as possible.

Release notes - Airport CEO - Version Alpha 32.9-0

Bug

• [ACEO-11373] - Flight planner sometimes shift a planned flight five minutes after confirming it
  • [ACEO-11517] - Deleting wall causes notable performance spike
  • [ACEO-12209] - Time format is not set correct on tutorial phone
  • [ACEO-12309] - Flight planner clock is layered behind scrollbar
  • [ACEO-12422] - Imperial passenger height and weight units missing for passenger panel
  • [ACEO-14323] - Vehicle procurment text size too big
  • [ACEO-14419] - Aircraft cabin cleaning turnaround procedure does not take deboarding and boarding status into account
  • [ACEO-14784] - Parallax effect on road check-point structure
  • [ACEO-15012] - Stairs do not fill out entire allocated model area
  • [ACEO-15036] - Incorrect texture property setting causes console spam
  • [ACEO-15265] - De-icing process can get stuck in a loop when reloading game
  • [ACEO-15583] - Vehicles displaced too far from a road node gets stuck
  • [ACEO-16101] - De-icing trucks not colorable
  • [ACEO-16312] - Aircraft cabin cleaning fee slider value reloads when closing fees panel
  • [ACEO-16345] - AM/PM time doesn't work in flight process monitor

New Feature

• [ACEO-11852] - New language: German
  • [ACEO-14968] - Template tool (ability to copy, paste and save a group of objects as a tempalte)

As you can see, the German version of the game is publicly accessible! This does not mean that the quality checking is done, however it does mean that from the initial reports we’ve received on its quality it’s valid for the experimental branch.

Secondly, the “secret” feature is now also out. After some testing on the internal branch, the first version of the template tool, a copy and paste tool, is now also available. It’s accessed via a blue button next to the bulldozer button in the building section of the lower menu, complete with instructions on how to use it.

18 Likes

TEMPLATE TOOL! Our prayers have been answered!

10 Likes

o praise

(now, can we have steam workshop support for templates, and/or some basics to get us going? :D)

4 Likes

Oh jesus, the copy paste tool THIS IS AWESOME

6 Likes

Secondly, the “secret” feature is now also out. After some testing on the internal branch, the first version of the template tool, a copy and paste tool, is now also available. It’s accessed via a blue button next to the bulldozer button in the building section of the lower menu, complete with instructions on how to use it.

It is awesome that it is here! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

wow… now that’s EPIC

2 Likes

Copying zones not possible

We have discussed this aspect a bit yesterday and it doesn’t really make sense to copy zones. The reason is that there are many cases when it will not work so well. For example let’s say you want to copy a bathroom and the original is in the secure area. If you want to place the copied version non-secure that would then automatically create a new zone which you then would have to de-zone. So it is hard to anticipate when zones makes sense and when it doesn’t. :slightly_smiling_face:

11 Likes

I do believe that the intention is to support workshop as well.

1 Like

Brilliant! Simply brilliant! I built more things in an hour today that in last 8 hours of the game. Game changer, almost at the same level as the multi floor feature.

2 Likes

Nice to hear! We will most likely deploy the room copy ability today as well.

Yes, the idea is that you will be able to upload and download the templates as mods.

2 Likes