Airport CEO Alpha 31 released (The Multi-floor Update)

You connect your boarding desk to the bus stop and the same boarding desk to the stand. You activate commercial flights in the stand, then when you select the stand you can press the button to connect it to a car stop. Hope that makes sense. :slight_smile:

Why is it only possible to build stairs and elevators inside terminal? Why not outside? E.g. on a sidewalk nearby bus-stops in the area in front of the terminal entrance? Or airside as a quick way for ramp agents to their staff room in floor -1.

3 Likes

You can always build a piece of terminal foundation with doors and place stairs/escalators in it.

I know, that I can build them inside a terminal. It’s just the one possible way to build a stair. But I want to build them outside the terminal and I don’t understand, why that shouldn’t be possible.

1 Like

@Manni, what @EG0611 is suggesting, is build terminal tiles outside your terminal (don’t think of them as terminal tiles, consider them as just tiles), then build your stairs upon them.

1 Like

@Manni, what @EG0611 is suggesting, is build terminal tiles outside your terminal (don’t think of them as terminal tiles, consider them as just tiles), then build your stairs upon them.

Exactly, also you can remove walls so you can have a open space escalator / stairs :wink:

1 Like

@dallas @EG0611: thanks a lot for this suggestion!
But, sorry, I’m meticulous: the escalator is not exactly as big as 3 terminal tiles. And when I tear off the underlying terminal tile(s), the escalator is gone again.
It’s a temporary solution, sure, it’s working, but I think that should be easy for the programmer to change, and I do not recognize a reason from reality or gaming-construction for this limitation.

1 Like

I agree with you, I don’t see why a terminal foundation (under the stairs) is mandatory. And you can not always place a foundation where you want to place stairs.

I propose to have only one foundation necessary, either at the upper or lower end of the stairs.

I have congratulate with the developers, this is a real game changer.

I know it is dangerous and it will create a lot of “human-made bugs” (more like bad design than bugs) but for me, this update is not complete without one way doors. In fact, without them, it is impossible to fully control the passengers flow and be sure that, for example, arriving passengers will never cross their paths with departing ones.

A definitely well deserved summer break!

3 Likes

Agree. The pax flow is now the issue to be tackled.

2 Likes

Hey the game doesnt show me the option of underground baggage belts

Its part of the multifloor now. Build a part that changes floors, then switch your view to that floor (pageup/pagedown)

1 Like

Thanks

And another addition to the escalators: at least I could very well use a one-way escalator. :wink:

2 Likes

They will come back at some point. There are other more significant issues that need to be resolved first.

2 Likes

A lot of good reading here, thanks for the discussion and keeping it going throughout the summer!

With the many versions we had out on the different branches before we went on vacation (to manage running multiple versions of the game while the Steam summer sale was active) the git repo for the game is in a bit of a… schizophrenic state. Alpha 32 is in the large sense stable and will most likely after a week worth of development be ready for the default branch, this is a clean-up operation we’re prioritizing so that we can clear the experimental and internal branches for Alpha 33 and what’s to come in the new versions. So, to be clear, Alpha 31 won’t be receiving any more dedicated support on the default branch as the Alpha 32 replacement is imminent. Alpha 32 will however get updates all days of the week starting tomorrow…

3 Likes

Sounds awesome @Olof, looking forward to the next week. Will there also be a devblog?

1 Like

Check the Alpha 32 topic! :wink:

2 Likes