Airport CEO Alpha 32 released (The Turnaround Update)

There’s nothing to see on the upper level.

Indeed not a ‘really logical’ way of pathfinding… :thinking: I assume there is a security exit on level 0? I would delete/close that and see if the path will be different, because then the only way out is through the exit on the left when they come up the escalator. PAX should take the shortest path possible of course, but just to test and see if it works when you delete the other option and what happens when you enable it again.

2 Likes

There is a security exit on Level 0. I’ll try your experiment. An EXCELLENT idea!

1 Like

There is one more thing I would try. Make the Terminal a bit wider at this area (2 blocks instead of 1 block).

Right now you have one wall piece on each side that partly blocks the security exit on the “landside” side. Maybe that blocks the path for the system to send passengers through this exit.

I removed the Level 0 security exit. All is good now.

1 Like

I’m noticing a huge backup at my bus stations. Suddenly, no passengers arrived to check in for ANY flight. After a save and reload, they started arriving again, but there are hundreds of passengers waiting at every bus station I have. What’s worse is the buses seem to always want to use the same 3-4 stations, when I have more; then that just backs up the queue of buses, and causes more passengers to wait. I don’t want subway stations as this is a recreation of a real-life airport that does not use them. I really hope one-way streets are coming, I feel like this may help a little, especially with all the unnecessary u-turns vehicles do… They never take smart routes, and it is becoming noticeable.

I did bug report this late last night, I think is was bug 15790 or something like that.

I just started a new game and observed this crazy FPS. I guess that my old saves are too much corrupted to get higher than 30 fps. I hope to have the same FPS rate with 60 runways in the futur (so i would have an excuse to get those 240 Hz G@MINGZZ screens)

Is that a new feature, transforming airports into a giant freezer ? :thinking:

11 Likes

Make sure you give passengers some ice skates before departure.

Jokes aside, that really looks like a bug :smile:

1 Like

This seems to be Johan Adolf Pengel International Airport, its always freezing in there.

Shouldn’t it be Johan Adolf Pegel then? :joy:

3 Likes

Dear Developers

I would just like to say thank you for an amazing job with all the new features. I have played the game for the first time in a while since the game has been quite unstable for a long time and I simply gave up during this period! But today I tried to give it a go again, and I have not experienced any kinds of bugs yet, going on my 8th hour in a rove :slight_smile: And still runs perfectly.

Thanks a lot! Now I’m just looking forward to see the big birds in action!

Keep up the good work! :smiley:

1 Like

I have a question regarding the size of the stands, especially regarding some of the planes which is using the medium stands like the ATR 42/72 and Q400. I think it’s a little bit strange, that they have a push back truck (I know this is the case in CPH, but this is one of the few places I have seen it, if you look at Billund Airport here the planes simply turn around them self without use of a push back truck or in Prague for that sake) and IMO the stand is to big for this type of aircraft. I think I have seen this discussed before, but I wasn’t able to find an answer if this will be taken up like adding a “smaller” medium stand (correct me if I’m wrong). But I think that would increase the realism of the game.

Let me know if this is not the right place to discuss this matter, and I will post in another forum :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I’m sorry if the topic has already been, but I have invisible baggage all the time! no matter what level of detail and how close the view is.

@Thorsoe: nice idea, even if I personally think three sizes of stands (as large will come) are enough. If smaller prop planes need pushback is worth a discussion, imho.
Nevertheless, ideas like this should be posted in this section: https://forum.apoglabs.com/c/ideas
As this thread will be forgotten if next update is rolled out

@THOMSON: Welcome at ACEO community!
So at what time baggage becomes invisible? Normally, you should see pax arrive with baggage and dropping it off at check-in desk. Can you see at least drop off at desk?
Could you explain it a little more? Screenshot…?

everything works normally. the whole baggage handling procedure works both ways but you can not see the baggage itself. passengers arrive at the airport, check in, etc. after clicking on the transmission belt, information about a specific suitcase appears but you can not see it. screenshot possible in about 2 hours when I get back from work :slight_smile:

That sounds weird, but I think that has happened before, a while ago…
If you haven’t already, please file a bug report…
let’s see what devs will say :wink:

I sent a bug report yesterday :slight_smile:

1 Like

Okay I will move it ideas. Maybe a turn around circle for these sizes of planes could be added to the medium stand then it wouldn’t require a new stand type. But I will post it all in ideas :slightly_smiling_face:

That’s quite a precise price, i wonder which ingredient costs 0.0000009$

4 Likes