Airport CEO Alpha 32 released (The Turnaround Update)

wow… now that’s EPIC

2 Likes

Copying zones not possible

We have discussed this aspect a bit yesterday and it doesn’t really make sense to copy zones. The reason is that there are many cases when it will not work so well. For example let’s say you want to copy a bathroom and the original is in the secure area. If you want to place the copied version non-secure that would then automatically create a new zone which you then would have to de-zone. So it is hard to anticipate when zones makes sense and when it doesn’t. :slightly_smiling_face:

11 Likes

I do believe that the intention is to support workshop as well.

1 Like

Brilliant! Simply brilliant! I built more things in an hour today that in last 8 hours of the game. Game changer, almost at the same level as the multi floor feature.

2 Likes

Nice to hear! We will most likely deploy the room copy ability today as well.

Yes, the idea is that you will be able to upload and download the templates as mods.

2 Likes

We will most likely deploy the room copy ability today as well.

That’s great news! :+1: Does that mean that the game will actively look for (non)-secure location and paste based on that or do we have to remove or apply that after placing?

Not sure what you mean, rooms are in most cases zone agnostic, i.e. they will not care, so you can copy paste a bathroom from an open zone to a secure zone with no hassle. Copied staff rooms will spawn staff zone automatically, and copied baggage claims will not allow you to paste in a secure area.

1 Like

This update has been deployed on experimental branch olof?

Ok, cool, thanks! That answers my question, if rooms are zone agnostic it will be ok.

2 Likes

will/are the templates saved as .json files?

I believe they are, or in part are. I have some JSON files for some of the templates I’ve made.

They are saved as templates, so if you want to you can already share them across your devices… we just need to sort the Workshop uploads and stuff… :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Awesome, can you also give us modder the mdk for Beeachraft 190üD? :pray:

Templates!!! OMG, I quiver with excitement. We are not worthy…we are not worthy…
I will use this extensively for my baggage claims and restrooms.

3 Likes

That’s what I was waiting for, copy&paste! Great!

And according to the issue tracker, there’s another highlight already “Ready for Experimental” and just waiting for the next build:
“Aircraft can now taxi through de-icing stands (when not in use) allowing for taxiways designs without de-icing stand bypasses”
:+1:

1 Like

Anyone else having trouble with pushback trucks after the recent update?
I just reported ACEO-16401 - the trucks assigned to each stand seem to go travelling (maybe visiting some nuclear power plant) and are just outside of the game world. After some time they seem to be coming back again, at least a few are driving around the terminal area.

2 Likes

This might be what happened to my catering trucks! I’m starting a new airport from scratch and i’m currently at 5 gates and have 1 catering truck per gate assigned to a lot. But when I loaded my save I only saw about 2 trucks and when I try the “locate” button to find the other 3 it goes off the map. Wondering if we are experiencing the same issue??

No wonder that my pushback trucks left if they get to meet your five star catering… :wink:

2 Likes

New version is out! :slight_smile:

Release notes - Airport CEO - Version Alpha 32.9-1

Improvement

• [ACEO-16377] - Aircraft can now taxi through de-icing stands (when not in use) allowing for taxiways designs without de-icing stand bypasses

Bug

• [ACEO-7605] - Paying off loans causes remaining interest to get charged
  • [ACEO-14539] - Aircraft sound levels inconsistent when switching from startup to idle
  • [ACEO-15927] - Minor spelling mistake in third tutorial section
  • [ACEO-16373] - Baggage overlaps scanner when passing through
  • [ACEO-16382] - Taxiway node sign overlaps vehicles
  • [ACEO-16383] - Vehicle UI container sprites not displaying correctly when vehicles are underground
  • [ACEO-16384] - Locate button does not switch floors automatically if agent is present on different floor than camera
  • [ACEO-16387] - Boarding procedure initiated despite aircraft cabin cleaning not completed
  • [ACEO-16388] - Aircraft cabin cleaning truck rotation not correctly set when loading
  • [ACEO-16392] - Service vehicles can in rare instances not reset their current parking structure after a job has been completed causing idling behavior in an incorrect spot
  • [ACEO-16393] - Template tool does not copy rooms
  • [ACEO-16403] - Saved template category panel in build menu not visible
  • [ACEO-16404] - Template tool now generates automatic description images
9 Likes

Currently investigation a minor issues which seems to tell all pushback trucks to drive out of the map after completing a job, just to let you know we’ve acknowledged it… :stuck_out_tongue:

5 Likes