Airport CEO Alpha 32 released (The Turnaround Update)

I have not been able to load my saved game since 32.6.5 and when it does load it takes over 20mins. I guess I’ll have to start a new airport.

Anybody got to work security posts on second floor? Both v. 32 and v.31

I have also had issues with pathing related to the second floor though I believe I know what the issue is. I think this also the case with your airport. Do you have more than one security zone? One for the first floor and one for the second (or subsequent) floor?

Pax do not have the ability to pick the right security checkpoint for their gate. It seems from what I can tell all gates are attached to each security check point regardless of if the secure zones are the same. Therefore the pax will go to a random security check point and then have pathing issues to their gate if the gate is in another secure zone.

I have yet to progress far enough in my current airport to fully test, but the airport I had issues with resolved once I removed the first floor secure zone and had only a second floor secure zone for my gates.

I hope this helps you and the devs. I have a suspicion the secret addition is related to secure zones, but I can only guess.

1 Like

If you do have separate secure zones, make sure they stay separated. For escalators in a secure zone the connecting floor requires a secure zone as well: those two zones will be connected. A potential problem might be when you’re attempting to separate secure zones on floor 1, but have them all connecting on floor 0??

2 Likes

In my situation there are both floor 0 and floor 1 gates (with skybridge and without). There is one secure zone, on both fllors, linked by escalator (one over another). Security checkpoints used to be on floor 0 - then it worked. After I have made all security checks on floor 1 (like in many real airports), and demolished those old on floor 0 - people go to where new checkpoints are, but on wrong floor, 0, instead 1. Like they knew where new checkpoints are, but they take wrong floor. So they finish right under security points. Non-secure zone is linked by 2 escalators and staircase. There are also check-in desks on floor 1, used without problem. Only security seems to be an issue, maybe with similar origin to waiting floor. People when boarding, dont distinguish floor 0 and 1 so half of them wait on floor below, long way from boarding desks…

OK I see situation now. Security checkpoint seems only to get connected to remote stands, being boarded from floor 0.

But when I click on remote stand, it is not linked to any at all. The one link you see is a security checkpoint on floor 0 only for staff.

I have demolished small one for staff and now all stands show security checkpoint missing (both remote and bridged).
So one cannot build security checkpoint on floor 1, because stands does not detect it at all. (maybe since stands are all on floor 0 and cannot be on floor 1.

In the picture you can see stand not detecting security checkpoints although those are present and with staff waiting, but on floor 1.

I was thinking that if people detect two or more floors within the same security zone without problem, they should also localize security checkpoints on upper floor only (or multiple floors), but they are not.

Edit,
and I found the issue. Zoning does not apply to walls, so when I demolished wall, there is no zone below… So my mistake! I should always check carefully how zones are made.
100hrs + in game, and still making mistakes :slight_smile:

Edit 2,

But this fixes problem only for gates on upper floor with sky bridge.

Floor 0 gates dont detect security points at floor 1, although floor 1 gates did detect security points at floor 0. This is a bug.

Problem is solved when I change version to 32, so issue was only in v.31. (WRONG?)

Edit:
Problem is solved only if you have security post both on floor 0 and 1. Having security posts only on level 1 does not fix the problem even in v. 32.

Edit 2:
I surrender, will give it a try in 1-2 months time :slight_smile: It is unplayable with multifloor anyway. Pathfinding issues all the time. Security connect strangely - those on 1 floor only to remote stands, those on level 0, to not remote ones (even if those have skybridge!). Even with correct zoning, people have problem with finding way when deboarding, to pick food, to do whatever.

Yeah, I’m finding the multifloor update really frustrating. Most of my pax are just standing around, not moving. My security gates suddenly turned off, even though there’s four staff there – so no pax or staff are reaching the boarding gate and the flights just sit there. More than half of my staff are listed as ACTIVITY: EMPTY. I build 5 deicing pads and the aircraft refuse to use all of them but one, creating a huge backlog when the temp hits 0. I love this game but unfortunately I’m caught in a similar routine: more features means things will be unplayable for awhile. Oh well.

ACEO-15134 De-iciing Truck Not De-icing Aircraft

Meanwhile, aircraft are stacking up in queue. The temperature is sub-zero, so the truck should be in full operation. Save/Reload does nto clear the situation.

The Medium De-icing Pad works correctly.

@Olof
The update didn’t fix this.
M3-M7 are medium stands that have no planes on them, but flights are delayed and throwing the notification the a plane cannot land because the stand is occupied. The stands are empty and I don’t know what to do…
Submitted Bug: ACEO-14993

I had a very similar problem. Check in on floor 0, security on floor 1 and gates on floor 2. After each gate, an escalator takes pax back to floor 1 to board. All secure zones after security checkpoint. Arrival pax follow directly through floor 1.

So, from 20 stands, exactly 10 don’t recognize connection to security checkpoint and don’t allow construction of the jet bridge. All gates on the same floor and with a continuous secure zone - how is that even possible?

So I tried rebuilding the security checkpoints on floor 2. No solution.

Finally, I built them on floor 0, and now it seems to work. Nothing else changed.

Indeed there is some fine tunning necessary with multi-floors.

Hello @ll,

Airport CEO - Version Alpha 32.7-3 out? I see only a blue screen with clouds… no menu

1 Like

We are two in the ACEO discord with the same problem after the newest update

Something in Experimental Branch breaks the game, I confirmed it.

https://forum.apoglabs.com/t/airport-ceo-alpha-31-released-the-multi-floor-update/12298/424

Thank you guys for your efforts to stabilaze Alpha 32.
My previous issue was solved with the new update, though I can’t check it, as an older problem just emerged. After starting the game the main menu doesn’t show up, only the clouds are visible. This was an issue coded 13318* [ACEO-13318] - On rare occasions the game settings file gets corrupted causing the game menu to not show up (the float clouds bug)

and it was solved with the 31.6 update, but still it emerged now, but ONLY on the experimental branch.
As you can see on the loading screen, the ACEO logo is missing from the configurator, and even the logo of the game changed from the yellow airplane to a cube or what.
aceoissue3

1 Like

I have the same problem, default still works. But when 32-7.3 is installed the menu will not show.

1 Like

That cube is the default unity logo

1 Like

Thanks Guusje2! I just mentioned it because I’ve never seen it before, so it was a bit strange :slight_smile:

I recognize it by now :joy::joy::joy: aceomm…

I have it too, after the update just now, and still no menu.
Just a few clouds in 32-7-3