Airport CEO Alpha 31 released (The Multi-floor Update)

16 posts were split to a new topic: Secure Zone Troubles with Alpha 31

I made a cut, but have to find out how to merge them now :stuck_out_tongue: :wink: - and fixed, just follow the link :smiley:

Reading the other posts about access to the stands by ramp agents should now all stands even if not remote have a drop off for service cars and ramp agents arrive that way regardless if they are remote?

Also loving seeing all the new airport designs. I now make escalators next to each medium stand so they people deplane and then go to floor 1 and have no mixing with departures.

When it is a remote stand the pass the boarding desk on floor one and then drop down to get on the bus.

I also make the ground floor secure to simulate that it would be secure up to immigration (which I hope is next voted feature).

What do people put in arrivals as mine are currently either empty corridors or boxes with little in.

1 Like

I did use the service cars and the service car stops, but it appears that the airplane does make the request but no ramp agent or service car reacts.

1 Like

Service cars are only for remote stands at the moment.

I wonder if it would be possible in the future to separate departures/arrivals on different floor levels like some airports does?
I think that would be great for the passengers flow.

2 Likes

I think once one way escalators and and one way doors come in this will be possible

@PCR13 that can be achieved when there will be one way escalators and one way doors so that we will be able to force the path of passengers.

You can do this already! As long as you meet the needs of arriving passengers in arrivals they will go straight downstairs

@ceoandy @HelterSkelter I havenā€™t thought about that, but you are right.
I was thinking something more like this:

I think it would be nice to have that kind of jetways in the future.

5 Likes

+1 Iā€™m all for creating different pax flows. This would add a new dimension to the game as you would need to ensure that two sets of pax had all the required facilities such as shops, bathroom, food etc.

1 Like

This was my suggestion to resolve the issues that oneway escalators broke things and why they got removed for now.

ā€œIā€™ve been having a little think about how we could make separation of PAX for arrivals departures. As an upgrade to the just bridge and tier level, could an option be included within its functionality of having a floor level set at the jet bridge end and you just added up/down arrows to set which floor for each? That would then not mess up the path finding system.ā€

Thanks for the reports and discussion peeps! Weā€™re back from the holiday and are plowing through the backlog now, an update will drop later this evening! :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Thank you !!! The New Multi-Floor has been great so far - thanks for making it happen :slight_smile:

1 Like

Is this similar?

Feels like a stupid question:
Service Rounds (when enabled) have to be done at every aircraft. The remote stands use the service car (which doesnā€™t work in most recent version), but what about the regular stands with jetway (doesnā€™t work too)?

Same for baggage handling: I do have the correct trucks and itā€™s enabled, just like service roundsā€¦ but doesnā€™t happen.

There is a widespread ā€œmisunderstandingā€ about the jetways that weā€™re addressing by code now, but the problem is actually more be design than by code:

Even though your stand connects with jetway, you still need to make sure that the ground floor entrance of the stand is reachable via a security check-point as this is where the ramp agents try to enter. If you change this now everything will work, however todayā€™s update will make sure that if ramp agents canā€™t access the stand via the ground floor they will try the jetway entrance.

9 Likes

Was there not a feature on the white board you posted a picture of, that mentioned a ramp agent hub?

It has been postponed, but has nothing to do with what I mentioned above. Issues with remote ramp agents are being looked into.

1 Like

Not sure if itā€™s a bug or not but are we supposed to see the jetway when Viewing the ground floor? Think it would look better if it disappeared since itā€™s connected to the first floor. Also upgrading to jetway destroys walls on the ground floor and first floor

3 Likes

As discussed above it is mean to knock out the wall to allow ramp agents to access the stands