New type of jetways

Hello community!
I didn’t post anything in some time. So yesterday I came up with a new idea. Some of you may know the WAW Airport on Warsaw, Poland. It’s got a pretty unusual, but functional system. I’ve been to this airport around 20 times now, so I got used to its design. Passengers who are boarding the plane, (from level +1, departure level) enter this

It’s got 2 corridors and stairs inside. After going through it, they simply enter the normal jetway, left out right. It can handle 2 aircrafts at one time. (I’m not sure, it’s very possible it can handle 1 aircraft.)
SAVE_20190610_151843
Passengers leaving the plane have attached jetway to the upper side of the structure, if it is attached to the lower part , they walk up the stairs. Then they exit in floor +2, have some border checks or not (it depends), they take stairs to departure hall (level +1, and they cannot enter the hall directly, I think but it doesn’t make a big difference. They take another stairs to level 0 where they claim their baggages and exit to catch a taxi, go to train or parking.
I hope you understood at least my intention (If you didn’t fall asleep.)

1 Like

Oslo Gardemoen also has this system or similar.
From the actual gate building you can go to different floor. The boarding passenger comes from +1, and the arrivals go to floor +2, and are walking above the gates in the terminal. Then you have passage that goes either to baggage, or down to the gates if you’re a transferring passenger.

1 Like

Oh yeah, that is the same thing, but simpler. :clap:

The boarding passenger comes from +1, and the arrivals go to floor +2, and are walking above the gates in the terminal. Then you have passage that goes either to baggage, or down to the gates if you’re a transferring passenger.

If this is the system @Moch explained then it is, tecnically but not functually, possible on multifloor feature.

(Pictures will be added later on)

1. Build ground floor foundation at least 8x12
  2. Build first floor foundation at least 8x12
  3. Build second floor foundation at least 8x12
  4. Deconstruct ground floor foundation
  5. You can build anything on ground floor. Service road, bus stop, car stop etc…
  6. Build stairs in between first and second floors
  7. Build medium stand with jetway in front of stairs
  8. Build couple of one way or smart doors (we wish in future)
  9. Construct first and seconds floor according to passenger flow (we wish in future)

Example picture:

AND VOILA! As I said it won’t work at the moment due to passenger path finding and lack of one way system but in future, it may work.

3 Likes

I have off my jet bridges stairs that go straight down to floor zero. This route leads directly to a security exits, toilets, shops and food and 9/10 times passengers go straight down stairs and away from departures.

It is expensive to build but it works without one way doors.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.