[ACEO-39211] Text labels missing Mac Apple M1 chip?

Brand new install on my m1 air. Experimental and stable are both missing text. Not using the force option. Will try that next.

2 Likes

And the -force-glcore seems to do the trick.

1 Like

Absolutely amazing. My 2018 MBP with 16GB Ram would start the fans heavy during the loading screens. This M1 Air barely gets warm without the fans.

2 Likes

Yeah, it’s a big difference! :smiley:

Anyway, we’ll be fixing this issue once and for all with 1.0-4 deploying tomorrow on the default branch early afternoon CET.

3 Likes

This problem seems to be happening again on the new M1 Pro chip, although it works with the -force-glcore option.

Are you on the latest version? It should be fixed.

Hi i have the same problem on the M1 Max MacBook Pro Version 1.0-33 Updated in Steam . (Resolved using -force-glcore)

Yep, version 1.0-33:

Can you file a new bug report and let me know the number here? We need to grab the exact label of your device’s CPU so that we can make the necessary adjustments.

Done - MERCURY-45315

2 Likes

Thanks, we’re looking into it! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hey Olof,

I experienced the bug as well. The bug appeared after I saved my first game and reloaded later.
Any chance to get a fix soon?

Welcome

There is a fix on the current Experimental version. You can try that.
Go to the Steam game properties and select Experimental

Patchnotes:

2 Likes

thank you @andyc ! That works like a charm - at least after loading :slight_smile:

2 Likes

This bug fix will be deployed on the default branch in a not too distant future, we’re working on some fixes for the current experimental version and once that’s been stabilized.

1 Like