Remote Stand and Security Checkpoint [Help!]

I do not know why the Security Checkpoint is not connecting to the Remote Stand.

Can anyone help me?

What happens when you hire staff? All security stations dont have any staff.

Here is a Terminal Stand. I do not have Security Staff and it is working.

I am playing in SandBox Mode, if that helps.

is the shuttle bus connected to the aircraft stand?

Yes.

I really am at my wits ends…not literally though…But this is the one of the last procedures before I get my airport up and running…:disappointed_relieved:

As long as you see the red staff icon on the security stands, they are not active due to a shortage in staff. Unstaffedbsecurity stands cannot have an active connection to a stand

Summary: hire security staff

I understand what you say.

But, my issue here is the Security Checkpoint “Connection”.

I had an earlier image of a Terminal Stand, whereby the Security Checkpoint was not staffed, yet it had the connection to that stand.

Here, for my Remote Stand, the Security Checkpoint is not staffed and is also somehow not connected to that stand.

So, my question was how to rectify that and successfully obtain a connection from that unstaffed Security Stand to the Remote Stand.

Thank you for replying.:grinning:

You’ve had a false positive on the connection there. if you don’t believe you should hire staff, don’t believe me, but i’m not going in to it then.

Oh.

If that is the case, I retract my statement, and thank you for pointing it out to me. Don’t get me wrong, I was not trying to be difficult, I was just confused.

I appreciate your feedback, and as you said it was a false positive, then you are most likely right.

So, I suppose this would be a bug for the developers to fix then?

Which version are you running? Are you on the default branch or the experimental?

Did you try to hire staff and see if it’s solved as @dewitjur pointed out? If so and it still doesn’t work you could try a save, leave the game completely (quit to desktop) and reload the game again action. If it’s still not working please file an in-game bug report as it probably is a bug.

1 Like

Also I just saw that’s an interesting design with security right next to each gate and each gate being it’s own secure area

yeah, Singapore has that set up.

I wonder how the passengers would respond to that in ACEO… or what would be the best way to do that.

would they still shop and dine in the non secure shops between ticketing and the gate security?

1 Like

That should work fine, have tested that for the secure zone walkthrough.

I believe that the stands cannot be touching in this case - otherwise they will share the secure zone and will link to all the security checkpoints. It also creates issues for staff moving throughout departures since they will have to constantly enter/exit secure zones. Lastly it creates the possibility of a bottleneck if a security checkpoint shuts down during a shift change - passengers wouldn’t be able to enter the gate area.

1 Like

yeah I was discussing this with someone else and we came to the conclusion that there would have to be a passage way underneath or above that connected the gates (after security) if the stands touch.

And if the stands don’t touch then it would be hard for the ramp agents to get between stands and would need their own sep. security checkpoint for each stand…

regardless its fun to think of new designs with the help of what’s out there in the real world and see if it can be recreated in ACEO!

Unfortunately, I have lost that save after resetting my laptop.

I would also like to know. However, in that save, I was following Changi Airport layout. I had a HUGE security checkpoint (Immigration) between the PUBLIC area and the “Secure Area after you pass through Immigration”.

In that secure area, I had shops etc. before thinning out into the various gates. Did not manage to complete the airport though. Will nvr know.

But I am currently working on a revamped airport (similar), with the addition of levels it should be easier.

1 Like

Yep. If I remeber correctly, the stands must not be touching each other, else all the security checkpoints will connect to every stand ( not what I would want ).

For the “if the stands don’t touch then it would be hard for the ramp agents to get between stands and would need their won sep. security checkpoint for each stand…”, I did not even know that.

What do you mean by needing their own SCs for each stand? Like they would have to enter through the SCs like the passengers to get to the stands? I thought that ramp agents could access any stand they liked, since they are the baggage crew? (haven’t played in months)

because each stand would be its own security zone and not connected (not touch each other) so the ramp agents would need a way to get between them because they cannot enter or exit security zones without a staff exit or checkpoint.(ramp agents have to go through staff checkpoints to get between non-secure and secure zones as well as between two different secure zones because there is a non-secure zone between them) otherwise they would have to go into the gate, through the exit, and back through security at another gate to get to another stand. Another option would be to have access to each stand with an underground tunnel but to get between each separate security zone for each stand, you would need that tunnel to be non secure zone with security checkpoints and exits between the tunnel and stairs/escalators to the stands…

I hope that makes sense.

and I don’t like my ramp agents using the gates for passageways if the don’t have to, so you would need to have some type of access to each sep. security zone for each stand for them.

Would everything be easier if the Developers could make us select which stands the SC is in-charge of?

That would make build space for the stands more efficient, and allow for passengers to be confined to their respective gates (1 gate = 1 separate area = 1 SC), rather than sitting half way across the airport to wait for their planes (if that can even happen)