Modded Airplanes

Trial & Error.

3 Likes

How about a CRJ900?

6 Likes

I’m taking a wild shot in the dark (pun intended) night lights are an issue?

Also, looks excellent.

1 Like

Haven’t had the opportunity to test the night lights yet. But I’m 99% sure it will be weird.

UPDATED:

Yep. Its weird. But totally worth it for performance during the day.

I could try to adjust the “SlicePostion” but, if I scoot the fuseloge back however many pixels to line up with the lights, then the wings will be WAY too far forward for the CRJ900 model. Its worth a shot anyhow. I’ll show a picture in a bit to see how it looks.

3 Likes

I was able to move the wings back to a more realistic position for the CRJ900. However, it made it so the jetbridge doesn’t line up well. Looks great otherwise.

5 Likes

Wow, impressive! :smiley: We have actually decided to build a dedicated mod manager where we plan to eventually include aircraft modding. We are discussing the implementation strategy and will be working closely with the mod community. We will talk a bit more about it in the next Devlog but it is nice to see some experiments already now. :slight_smile:

13 Likes

Great news. I am excited for that upcoming tool.

6 Likes

also exited if the full plane modding tool will be available. i will make the game much better! I have some plane mods ready to implement :slight_smile:

1 Like

I dare say I would try my hand at it too.

Edit, I tell a lie, I already have to some extent. Engine swapping is the only one I’ve shown. The rest has not been disclosed.

5 Likes

I got the Embraer 120 to look a bit better.

7 Likes

Check out the shadow for the EMB120, LOL. :joy: :joy: :joy:

5 Likes

One last one for today:

ERJ145

Also, I found out how to turn the lights off. This could come in handy for the cargo jets you guys have been working on.

Night shot:

Night takeoff:

Day shot:

Taking the winglets off was a challenge.

8 Likes

:open_mouth: my FedEx plane would love to know those little tricks :star_struck:

1 Like

:grin: You’re going to laugh when you realize how easy it is. I just PM’d you.

1 Like

Remove a layer?

1 Like

Unfortunately you can’t remove the animation layers. It is almost as if the json of certain aircraft types reference their own special animations that are stored somewhere in else where we don’t have access to them.

But, there IS a way to hide that layer.

3 Likes

Good man :slight_smile:

1 Like

Well when aircraft modding becomes everything will be fine :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yes exactly. Will be nice when that tool comes out.

In the meantime, we’ve got a solid, temporary, workaround for those who choose to play with modding aircraft.

1 Like

will you please tell me the trick? would realy like to know :crazy_face:

1 Like