[Mod] AirportCEOTweaks 2.3.6: Misc Patch

The issue is when planning flights if I looked correctly.

Try to set the stand to a specific airline and then change it back to “allow all airlines”
I had similar issues when stands were assigned to certain airlines but the contract got removed or just cancelled.

2.3.1.267 (Beta 1) - Planning Replanned

• More refactoring. I’m kinda sorta learning how to code. I at least know enough to see a lot of bad in my old code.
  • Back-end functionality to allow multiple new aircraft types to pull from the same sprite sheet: Efficiency :stuck_out_tongue:
  • Flight Info Panel:
    • Now has hover-over tool-tips for the various service icons.
      • Credit @humoresque; this was the first real UI code in the project, and was my jumping off point for everything I did since then.
  • Planner UI:
    • Airline Containers:
      • Are slim until hovered over
      • Are sorted: more flights => higher
        • This sort respects/responds to size filters
        • Do not appear if no flights matching the current filters exist
          • In full release this will only apply when at least one filter is actually on so that recently signed / otherwise lacking-flights airlines still show up
    • Flight Containers:
      • Are sorted: longer flights => higher
      • Are reworked to provide easier to read info
      • List the aircraft type
      • Have more informative tooltips
      • Can be scheduled longer/shorter than previously possible
      • Can be canceled/rejected before being planned by right-click
5 Likes

The update is soo AWESOME! Love the sleek look of the flight planning and that you can see the aircraft type directly!
I do have one purely aesthetic wish for the to do list. I do not know if it is possible, but since you can change more than in my wildest dreams :stuck_out_tongue: Who knows.

When you press G to open the flight board. The first Blue field says what gate an aircraft is parked at. Is it possible to have the Destination for that flight also displayed there?

1 Like

Nice idea. But space is rare there. Specially when the gate name contains further notes.

The IATA might be enough and that would be scalable because of the fixed length.

1 Like

Mod In A second row :stuck_out_tongue: under the game name haha :joy:
Jokes aside, your Idea sounds like a good one.

This is actually very doable. Spacing might be an issue, but I can also always just cut off your excessively long gate names :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: . Or maybe just budge some of those other columns over.

In other UI related things… Is anyone here good at making icons?

1 Like

Random idea… how great would it be to see a turnaround countdown timer on this view?

Not suggesting it’s a simple change to make, but a simple “idea” to have a timer counting down to the scheduled time of departure so we can see if we’re getting close to triggering a delay or not :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I’ve really liked both of these ideas so far: keep them coming and I’ll try to make them happen.

1 Like

Nice to see my B757 United Special Livery in action… Does the new aircrafts comming to your airport too?

Hi again. Thank you so much for continuing to update this! :slight_smile:

Do you think it’d be okay to request for a setting similar to NTTAS? Particularly the one that lets you set additional turnaround time for the autoplanner to automatically add to flights? Thanks again.

Requests are always welcome.

This one unfortunately will be a while, if ever. The autoplanner code is difficult to patch with harmony; changing it would require a substantial rewrite that just isn’t a priority right now.

1 Like

2.3.1.270 (Beta 2)

I haven’t gotten a good chance to sit down and work; and probably wont for the next week or two. This only contains a couple back end fixes over build 267; but I want to get this build tested and moved to “stable” status so that I can start rolling the aircraft pack updates that 2.3.1 enables. As long as there are no new bugs this will be the stable version of 2.3.1 in a couple days.

The UI changes discussed are still on the table once I have some more time.

1 Like

Hi - Just a thought could there be a way of controlling which aircraft (maybe by size) always trigger the baggage handling service? Otherwise I often see medium aircraft (B737, A320…) which do not request baggage services as they are a low cost carrier. In reality, it’s their favourite money maker charging happy customers for bags too heavy or too big for cabin :wink: Could it maybe be a setting that any medium stands will opt for the hold baggage handling service, but maybe it’s the % of bags to customer ratio that is low for the lower star carriers?

1 Like

I’m open to this yes; I’d probably make it something like “realistic baggage service demand” as a toggle. I didn’t make this the default because I want it to be viable to build up a bit before investing in building a baggage system… But you’re of course right that no one actually flies 737s without lower hold baggage.

1 Like

With this build and updated aircraft pack, something big is comming :grin:

1 Like

:open_mouth: ?? I am very curious now.

I would also have planes not triggering baggage at all because they do not have a real cargo hold. I am talking small Cessna Craft, where PAX will take their luggage with them inside the plane. Never seen a 4-6 person flight with external baggage handling. This is stuff the pilot does with the passengers together. Bigger planes…yes. Would also take some strain from baggage handling and tarmac traffic if certain cars do not need to rush around to every single small stand.

Until I get around to revising this there should be a setting to make small aircraft never request baggage service in the shift-F10 menu

Hi, ive been loving the tweaks mod. However i seem to have a game breaking bug. My game intermittently crashes, either back to windows or sometimes i just get black screen with the aceo cursor visible. Seems to crash every few game hours.
Ive tried complete uninstal of the game (to best of my limited ability) amd reinstalling the game and tweaks and it is still happening. But its possible some files have not been removed from my computer?

Also, I’m not sure how to send a save…
Thanks

1 Like