Dev Blog 147: Multiple terminals and elevators

I have a similar situation with my preferred layout. I guess putting the new travelators in the tunnel that connects them would improve it a little.

PAX will never switch between terminals as connecting flights is not supported within game. Personnel could be changing terminal, but if you have enough personnel assigned to a terminal based on the amount of work they also should just do their work in that terminal. We have to see how that works and as the devs have stated it is not yet fully decided how the mutli terminal will work in its final state. For now transporting people from one terminal to the other will only cause more traffic on the roads that can cause issues. And please keep in mind, this is a tycoon game and not a simulator :smiley_cat:

2 Likes

You’re correct!

Tiered check in desks are simply more options in regards to size and functionality and goes hand in hand with player progression. As can be read and seen in Dev Blog 145 we added a small one (1-width) without the baggage belts and the self check-ins. The self check-ins can handle any flight (no options for passenger class planned as of today) and the baggage drops can handle any flight on a stand connected to the baggage bay it’s routed to.

7 Likes

Ah I understand, I originally thought by tiered check-in desks you meant economy and business specific check-in desks/self-check in. Loving all the progress and I’m glad elevators have finally been implemented!

1 Like

@Olof @Alexander I’m so exited about the A350, but the MD11… -I think that if they’re going to add it to the game then they should also add cargo airlines, because all MD11’s today flying are freighters not passenger planes.

1 Like

There are just 200 MD11 built anyway. 118 are still in use by 6 cargo airlines. So even with cargo in the game, there won’t be that many mods.
But there is a big potential for fictional airlines. :slight_smile:

1 Like

To everyone wondering why the MD-11 has almost arrived, simple, it’s the plane Mitchell (Jettuh) chose.

I’m making a plane for everyone involved in the games development of their choice. Olof’s and Alex’s are still to be revealed…

11 Likes

:heart_eyes: :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes:

The MD-11 is an iconic airplane, so I’m really grateful for Rubble building this airplane.
Even if there aren’t any MD-11’s being used for commercial passenger flights, this doesn’t mean Swiftly can’t fly them anymore!

It’s only 6 years ago when KLM said farewell to this iconic plane :slight_smile:

14 Likes

MD-11 is great and I like it very much. Most iconic trijet without a question (where are my L-1011 fans at???), sadly no longer with us, but who knows, if the “Cargo DLC” ever arrives, we could see it being used more often. In my eyes it should remain one of the oldest planes in the game, together with MD-80? We all know they got sounds for it, so who knows what will come. Maybe in the future we could also have the A300 and A310, nothing older I think.

Oh and big potential on historic DC10 airlines, i have ideas to mod!

That’s so epic. :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes: yes

So I will be able to make the arrivals on 1st floor and departures on ground floor ? Or still not possible ?
I am waiting for this function for so long to have separate arrival and departure on different floors.

The gate exit doors will be larger in the new version which allows you to separate arriving pax and lead them to an escalator/staircase/elevator down. Means you need to build the transition by your own.

1 Like

There are a few airlines in the ACEO universe that still fly it, as Mitchell said! It’s an iconic aircraft that Steve has made an incredible work bringing back to life and ACEO is after all a tycoon game and not a simulator! :wink:

The only thing I can say is that we’re expecting internal testing to begin within the next weeks.

I think this is mentioned in pretty steep detail in the dev blog about it?

Well, we’re implementing multiple terminals here and not connecting flights as Puma correctly identifies. That’s a completely different feature which is currently not in the scope for a 1.0 release.

10 Likes

While I understand the complexities that implementing connecting flights would entail, I feel like this is a fairly important feature, and would address some of the current shortcomings of the game. One of the biggest challenges with larger airports is getting pax through check-in and security in time for their flights. While the introduction of tiered check-in and large security points (and hopefully faster security) will help, connecting pax would do a much better job at reducing the load on these chokepoints. Additionally, this should reduce the lines of pax waiting at roadside pickup locations, which is still a problem even with subways. Lastely, it would increase the diversity of paths the pax take around the airport, and make it look more natural and dispersed.

3 Likes

I agree that it would add to the diversity and realism of the game, but as said it’s a tycoon game and not a simulator so on the tycoon side of things it is not really relevant if you have new PAX or passing through PAX. In the end it’s all about total numbers processed and if you have that balanced correct by having the layout correct, the services asked, enough personnel, seats, toilets, etc, etc. As stated by Olof it’s not part of the current roadmap, but maybe it will be something for the future in version 1.x or as part of a DLC, we will see.

Something for Beta release?

I think it would be great to be able to choose business class only, or economy only, on check-in desks.

2 Likes

I’m glad you’ve included a tri jet plan! Thanks for implementing it from my vote :slight_smile:

2 Likes

"it’s a tycoon game and not a simulator"

None of the above.
Please stop using this phrase. It’s an empty mantra to support any claim being made.
It’s clearly not a simulator and still not a tycoon game. Maybe on its way, but far to go.
For a tycoon game, the financial and economy aspects are too underdeveloped.

1 Like