Annoying constant crashes, terrible lag and screen freezing

Dear all,

I have been playing Airport CEO and I really love the game. However, playing it also often makes me annoyed as the game is extremely laggy and has crashed on my 5 times, causing me to loose my progress.

I have Autosave turned on but whenever I load my autosave file, there are absolutely no passengers or staff in the terminal. The entire terminals structure, planes are all there… but no one. That means I have to re-hire everyone if I reload my game with the autosaved file. Is that a bug or what? I ended up just reloading the older version of my game and redoing many things. Very irritating.

It doesn’t only crash, it keeps on lagging and loading. I’m a MacBook Pro user, running High Sierra Beta Versions and I’m wondering if that affects the performance. Nonetheless, I try to put the screen resolution lower to see if it helps, but it still keeps on lagging and freezing randomly, especially during autosave - the whole screen freezes for up to 10 seconds during autosave, andrhey show me the “Apple colour wheel of death”.

Moving the camera in the game is extremely laggy, and I do not know why. Can anyone fix these problems?

Thanks, Ethan.

Hello! I’m sorry you’re having issue with the game. It sounds like you’re playing on the default branch, which is about to get updated soon but in the meantime you could try the experimental branch and see if some or most of your issues are fixed.

More info here: The Airport CEO Experimental Branch

Dear Olof, if I change to the Experimental Branch, will all my progress be lost?

1 Like

No, branches have no impact on your save games when from a loading perspective. However, since there are new features enabled on the experimental branch, a save of a certain game may make it unplayable if you decide to revert back to the default branch.

I would recommend doing a back up of your saves before testing the experimental branch, after that you can fire away! :slight_smile:

Dear Olof, thank you for your advice!

1 Like

Dear Olof,

Pardon me for my many questions. How do I do a “back up” of my saves?

Regards, Ethan

1 Like

Create 2 save games e.g One of my airports is called London Gatwick. I use the airport code, in this case LGW. When asked to save, use a different name e.g. LGW_2

1 Like

Dear Olof,

Thank you so much for your advice and yes, I have been able to activate the experimental branch. After doing so, my lag has reduced significantly and my game no longer crashes!

Regards, Ethan

1 Like

Ethan, You are such a nice guy!

1 Like

2 posts were split to a new topic: Stability issues when running the game