Airport CEO Beta 6 released

In the first beta 7 release! :slight_smile: We’ll probably drop that on Monday or earliest tomorrow.

2 Likes

ACEO-40778 it’s a minor one but finding remote boarding buses are taking between 30-60 game minutes to drive away from the boarding gate bus bay, once fully boarded. Maybe just a minor tweak somewhere? It’s great to see no issues of deadlocking remote gates so this really is a minor thing in comparison to that great fix.

NK752 waited about 30mins, did not directly delay flight beyond a few minutes
DL695 waited about 30mins, flight already was delayed, bus fully boarded at 21:30ish, waited until 22:05ish to pull away towards gate. Added to the delay. Also noticed the Passenger Service Agents walked short distance from desk, looking for rest room, then immediately return to same task. It is as if they think they’re finished, but then allocated back, this happens couple of times whilst bus is paused.

The airport used for reporting does have a fairly long drive but have tested similarly in smaller airports. Hope this might help :slight_smile: The flights mentioned follow on from the bug savegame, as I’m guessing the flight i reported once reported is the perfect crime, it’s escaped :wink:

2 Likes

Perfect, that answers my Q. I can build 5 large stands to 1 bay. This is a new airport when Beta started, I haven’t played in a couple of months but now I’m back to it. The only bugs I get now are dork things that I forgot to do… like include a vehicle depot in my terminal area and I saw no trucks were going to flights! Silly me. :crazy_face:

2 Likes

Maybe some kind of little progress bar or "% Utilised, some kind of indicator on the baggage bay when clicked to show if it’s full or not? (Sorry if it’s already there and i’ve not seen it)

1 Like

The window on the baggage bay itself isn’t really usefull at all.
I see lots of flights for the next days but not which one is currently processed, on time, waiting, delayed etc.
That could really use an overhaul.

3 Likes

This.

While also displaying;

• Connected check-in desks
  • Connected stands
  • Connected baggage bays
2 Likes

Ima just ahh, repost this because I think it’s important and needs to be addressed, and if you just search “Autoplanner” into the search thing in here it’s easy to see everyone else agrees

3 Likes

Just updated to beta 6, it has removed all my saved airports…

Are you on a Mac? If so see here…

3 Likes

You have another “unlisted” enhancement. @Olof
This beta implemented Upgrade Runway Ramps (Like Runways, Taxiways, and Stands) from the feature request listing. Thanks very much… I now can avoid having to plan a way to destroy and create alongside in order to not disrupt airport runway use. In fact that can now be moved to Implemented.

1 Like

@Olof You think you could add a real-time clock somewhere on screen? Many games have one. Activated through gameplay setttings

May an intersting question:

Do visitors use public transportation and only short term parking lots? Not the long term parking?

So far, short term parking didn’t made any sense as every person entering the airport was flying away and came back somewhen. Now with visitors, it finally makes sense to have them but it does not make any sense if visitors are using long term parkings.

1 Like

Anyone else seen in Beta 6 a noticable drop in franchise sales? I’m seeing my secure zone (departures) shops very low sales maybe 30-40% of those previously. They also seem to flock to the shop nearest the security search a bit more heavily now. Could just be adjustment over time will keep monitoring :slight_smile:

Beta 5 vs Beta 6 franchise figures, though I appreciate there would be other factors involved, but the terminal is largely unchanged between two versions, though a few more flights they were mostly small gates or night flights on a few 24hr stands.

Edit: Only departures is an issue. Arrivals only segregated areas are generating same level of food/shop sales representing around 1,000 sales in total. Departures sales are very very low, with only one small shop open can only just achieve sales in a 36 gate terminal with very quick security queues.

Separately, the small gates/flights appear to not be counted in the totals on end of day reports :slight_smile:

An issue with pathfinding:

Does it work if you select nodes that are not immediately adajcent to the stair?

No

Picture

What is now the maximum number of stands we can connect to a single baggage bay?

Welcome @JonSnow