Airport CEO Beta 3 released

My CPU is a i7 2600 3.4 Ghz.

I don’t have money for the moment for a modern PC. :cry:

I have to be very patient for now until I have a new machine.

Well I have a 2018 Lenovo Legion laptop now for todays standards its not the best pc but I added lots of ram I went from 8gs to 32gs and it did wonders so consider getting ram. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Awesome news on the larger maps!!

That’s the part I’ve been waiting for before starting a new airport and playing again. Cant wait!!

2 Likes

Made a new Bug-Report for this:
ACEO-36166

Hope it can be fixed. Would be sad for this save.

It’s making me very curious :crazy_face:. Can anyone show a screenshot to see what the new map tiles look like? (Beta 3)

Or some gameplay on youtube … I want to see new things in action! :grin:

Good evening! We’re ending the week with Beta 3.1-3 and the following fixes…

Release notes - Airport CEO - Version Beta 3.1-3

Bug

• [ACEO-35289] - Un-built jetway blocks terminal construction on upper floors
  • [ACEO-36070] - Fence not recognized by tutorial
  • [ACEO-36074] - Pressing 'no' button while buying new land unlocks the area
  • [ACEO-36083] - Tutorial headers missing from tutorial
  • [ACEO-36086] - Passenger terminal ambiance audio not audible
  • [ACEO-36089] - Certain aircraft types can fail to spawn on rare occasions
  • [ACEO-36097] - Missing construction order claimant check can cause construction process to stall
  • [ACEO-36101] - Elevator deletes floor if crossing zones at deserialization
  • [ACEO-36106] - Floor textures are not properly set with floor builder
  • [ACEO-36127] - Missing validation check for construction orders claimed by non-existing contractors can stall construction process
  • [ACEO-36140] - Incorrect floor shader on medium hangar

New feature

• [ACEO-36130] - Climate override system implemented to more accurately set ground layer graphics based on airport coordinates

Improvement

• [ACEO-33355] - Aircraft wheel landing sound now more relevant to the aircraft size and runway foundation

We have much more to deal with in the backlog but since it’s Friday it’ll have to wait until Monday! With beta 3 now out we’ll again start deploying daily updates as a result of the bug reports you keep sending in. Thanks and see you next week!

14 Likes

tried multiple times and didn’t load. Switched to normal branch for now

I got same problem.
I admit I had change the original map size from 700,700 to 700,900.
Seems the problem is coming from the change the size of the map.

PS. I had tried once change 700,900 back to 700,700 for trial, but I CEO closed and back to the desktop.

Baggage-down escalator seems to require it be placed under a terminal. It appears as though it can only be placed on the ground floor. Is this a bug? Or a new rule? ACEO-35854

ACEO-36192
After using building tool it’s not possible to change floortile material/texture.

Was it only on existing saves or even a new game?
My first load of an old save took also very long.

/edit: I see, my loading time is always long as well on my old save. There must be some compatibility issues with the new features. Start a new game would be the solution then.

ACEO-36204 - I started a new game and planned a lot of objects (sidewalks, parking spaces, fences). Some of them were built (such as taxiways and part of the sidewalks) and some were still planned. After I save/quit and restarted the game, some of the built and planned objects disappeared.

In the screenshot below you can see the taxiway is missing parts, and the building and parking place in bottom is missing a sidewalk around it. I also planned more parking spaces in the center part where the one is being built and I planned a fence around the airport.
The building in the bottom is also missing its walls and foundations

2 Likes

Facing the same issue.

Me too

Anyone noticed that placing an item in build mode and cancelling it before it’s built no longer refunds you? Same goes for demolishing

1 Like

I noticed the same thing. I was missing part of a taxiway, except for the edges and where I had placed taxiway nodes after quitting and restarting. Sorry Olaf for not submitting bug report for it.

I’ve just loaded a saved airport after performing the latest update. All of my Ramp Agents that are on Remote Stands are stuck and will not leave in Service Cars, causing all of my flights on Remote Stands to be delayed. Has anyone else had the same issue?

Send a report please or @BandyGasy as well… if the devs don’t read every post here this weekend, they will see it in the reported bugs.

Does anyone know if its possible for the world tunnels to be isolated from each other? Or do they have to be connected to avoid pathfinding errors.

1 Like

Good question I was about to ask that too, and also is it possible to have a two lane tunnel (as currently) but both lanes in same direction?