Airport CEO Alpha 36 released (The Emergency Update)

I made a screenshot, special for your pc. Secure zoning a little block :wink:

3 Likes

@devs

You guys are awesome!!!

~ KENNEDY STEVE

9 Likes

Will the emergencies get some “content”?

2 Likes

It might be something we look at a later point, not something we’re currently prioritize as we have more pressing issues.

5 Likes

Thanks for the replay :slight_smile: This game is so great! thank you for your hard work!

3 Likes

Good evening! New day, new experimental update! Here’s Alpha 36.3-5 with the following changes!

Release notes - Airport CEO - Version Alpha 36.3-5

Bug

• [ACEO-32420] - Added space check of drive before saving to prevent errors at save
  • [ACEO-32499] - Persons can in rare instances become unable to leave airport due to not finding an available transit structure despite many being available
  • [ACEO-32561] - Templates not cleared correctly when quitting to main menu causing null reference exception at load
  • [ACEO-32587] - Emergency flights can prompt during air traffic blocking events
  • [ACEO-32598] - Automated desks to not correctly re-activate after power surge emergency
  • [ACEO-32600] - Missing road node setting on taxi stops can allow vehicle to pathfind across them
  • [ACEO-32604] - Hangar build overlay hidden below roof
  • [ACEO-32605] - Runway ramp one-way setting doesn't block aircraft properly
  • [ACEO-32606] - Job tasks can be at point of de-icing temperature be created for unbuilt or unaccessible de-icing pads
  • [ACEO-32618] - Missing audio clip for certain effects can cause performance degradation due to excessive console spam
  • [ACEO-32622] - Runways can be built below terminals
11 Likes

Isn’t the game becoming beta today?

2 Likes

I think so, but don’t hold against me if I’m wrong. :sweat_smile:

1 Like

When devs name a spefific day it can also be very early in the next morning. So give them a bit time.

1 Like

Technically they are in beta already, after the last Alpha went live on the default branch. It’s expected that beta version 1 will be released today, but as @andyc states it can vary based on time and they can also decide to postpone it by X time to deliver a working version, it’s not written in stone. The current idea is to have a two week sprint cycle of beta releases with daily updates like we had (and still happening now) after an Alpha version was released.

3 Likes

I experienced today emergency called “severe weather”, info said that all flights will be delayed until further notice. I thought - that’s gonna be really cool! Turnaround time of all planes which were at the airport was extended to 6h59mins. I was hoping that next planes will be delayed, so it will be really fun to see how many next flights will still be delayed. But it turned out that ALL flights (even those 5 days later) were just moved 6h59min later in flight planner
 I think that’s not how it should work, so here is bug number: ACEO-32707
Nevertheless this emergency is really cool :smiley:

2 Likes

Here’s the last planned stabilization update for Alpha 36, 36.3-6, with a minor round of fixes. Currently deployed on the experimental branch but it will only remain there for an hour or so as it will soon be replaced by the first beta version (it’s simply used as a place for offloading the build so that we then can move it to default, as the changes in -6 is also part of beta 1.0-0).

Here’s the changelog:

Release notes - Airport CEO - Version Alpha 36.3-6

Bug

• [ACEO-32655] - New (internal) zone road type setting can cause passengers to become infinitely displaced on roads
  • [ACEO-32669] - Emergency response vehicles do not cancel active job tasks if emergency flight does not land
  • [ACEO-32672] - Incorrect baggage bay connection for a specific flight can cause all bags to be denied check-in on bag drops

Improvement

• [ACEO-32673] - Floor transition items (stairs, elevators, etc.) now warn if they transition through different zone types
  • [ACEO-32682] - Increased animal removal distance of patroling vehicles
9 Likes

Is beta 1.0-0 on experimental yet? The new dev blog says it’s out on experimental, but it hasn’t updated for me yet.

1 Like

Same, I’m kinda bummed cos I would’ve liked to have gotten straight into the action.

2 Likes

4 Likes

Can’t place a large runway?? - actually, cant see the purchase icons for the zones. Fixing in the save edit, but still.

Summary

2 Likes

Two little birds overlapping each other!

3 Likes

Thanks Olof - somehow I missed this! Much appreciated.

3 Likes

I have an emergency stuck at a hangar awaiting pushback, I have idling pushback trucks and like 3 different roads leading to the hangar, any help please?

1 Like

Emergencies’ frequencies are dependent on the game’s difficulty level - the more difficult game you selected, the more frequent emergencies will be generated. Also, if you choose a sandbox mode game, you now select certain criteria that affect your gameplay. This is all set ONLY at the creation of your game - you cannot edit it (in game) after the game has been created. Since all of this is new, (and the devs can correct me), I believe older games (specifically sandboxes) have defaulted to the easiest settings - no emergencies/animals, but oddly money and economics are treated as real.

NOW, the trick to changing this “manually” (without having to recreate your arirpot) is you can find the line of code in the game’s save file, and change these parameters yourself. If your save file is not up-to-date, first launch it normally in the game, and save it. Older saves may not have the lines of text we need. You can change these lines by browsing to your save game files (in Windows something like C:\Users\USER_NAME\AppData\Roaming\Apoapsis Studios\Airport CEO\Saves). Once you locate your save’s folder, look for the GameData.JSON file, and open it in notepad (it my linger a minute or two, as it is a hefty file). Then look for the following, at the beginning of the file:

“playerDifficultySetting”:3,“sandboxSettings”:{“sandboxEnabled”:true,“unlimitedFunds”:true,“disableEconomySimulation”:false,“disableConstructionSimulation”:true,“projectsUnlocked”:true,“allAreasUnlocked”:true,“unlimitedFlights”:false,“emergenciesDisabled”:false,“animalsDisabled”:true}}

PlayerDifficultySetting: I believe it ranges 1-3, 3 being the most difficult
All the sandbox settings are true/false, pretty self-explanatory.

Finally, I cannot vouch what this does for achievements, and I highly suggest backing up before anything as it may corrupt a save.

4 Likes