Airport CEO Alpha 35 released (The Terminal Update)

I don’t see an issue. Be fun flying that far on a 1900D without a bathroom. :slight_smile:

That airline comes from Australia. Give it at least one stop. :rofl:

1 Like

But if you are in a country with only your airport, or one other, where would all the domestic flights come from? Domestic means within the same country. I’m confused why you expect lots of domestic flights when there are no domestic airports, or very few.

3 Likes

It’s only a 3 hour flight, don’t you see, it’s going to be fine.

That makes absolutely no sense, so basically we demand realism when it suits us, but we don’t want it when it doesn’t. I’m sure the devs know what they are doing and what they envision for this game, which presumably is realism in terms of domestic versus international given the location of your airport.

2 Likes

You need to keep a balance between realism, and tycoon/simplicity. You can’t go entirely with one or the other, and “suits you” is that balance. I’ll also note that people have different opinions regarding that balance.

2 Likes

The way it is now isn’t that realistic anyway since Schengen isn’t included and a lot of domestic airports are missing. I think the slider would be great and it let’s you make it more realistic, but adding Schengen (I know it’s off the table) would have gone along well with ‘the trying to make realistic countries part’. I’m sure they know what they’re doing but it’s just a suggestion.

2 Likes

Hi olof iv bug reported Aceo-27318 for vehicles not assigning to stands :frowning:

New week, new deployments! Alpha 35.3-9 rolling out right now with the most recent fixes:

Release notes - Airport CEO - Version Alpha 35.3-9

Bug

• [ACEO-26921] - Incorrect path validation setting for vehicles can cause service trucks to in rare instances not carry out job tasks correctly
  • [ACEO-26998] - Adjusted invocation value for passenger shop behavior to avoid passengers standing and then immediately sitting down
  • [ACEO-27113] - "Important"-header showing in tutorial even though there are no important tips to show
  • [ACEO-27120] - Delivery trucks can in rare instances where multiple delivery sites are placed not executve any delivery correctly
  • [ACEO-27180] - Some baggage contents are not localized
  • [ACEO-27188] - 3 star flights won't generate if only having large security checkpoints and no medium checkpoints.
  • [ACEO-27191] - Incorrect operation validation checks for security checkpoints can render them inoperable
  • [ACEO-27217] - Airport logo too big on small baggage trucks
  • [ACEO-27278] - Domestic/international stand ratio not based on stand (flight) size which in specific airport setups causes imbalanced flight generations
  • [ACEO-27294] - Incorrect activation toggle method can in rare instances cause security checkpoints to activate after load
10 Likes

(Just saw you posted 3-9)

Decided to do a new build, and ran into the strangest problem. I have nothing built yet, except for reconfirguring the world entrance, and when I went to place a fuel depot for refence, it tells me that it cannot be built beneath a terminal. I have no terminal built anywhere, let alone floating in the sky.

Examples, all in random areas (most/all within the first/lower left quadrant):

Pic 1

Pic 2

Pic 3

Pic 4

Edit: S/RL or the 3-9 update solved it.

Have another problem now that has been persisting for several updates. Bug 27330. I have several different airport saves that have completely sterile departure and arrival areas for the international area. However, no matter how many times I make an airport with this set up (separating arriving and departing passengers), upon a save and reload, the passengers violate my airport’s architecture, and somehow end up in the gate departure lounge. Then I am bombarded with 100s of notifications of passengers unable to find a path to customs. The worst part is, even if I make a viable path for them and do a save and reload, they do not recognize this new way to customs, and just stay frozen in the departure lounge, constantly reminding me they need a path.

Thanks a lot.

Have you managed to trace the contractors-get-stuck bug? It’s really annoying

This is an older bug. I thought this had been fixed. This occurs when you start a new airport after having played a different save game before. The game ‘remembers’ the placement of the terminal in the previous save game and won’t let you build on it’s footprint.

Restarting the game before starting/loading a different save or new game will usually prevent this from happening. But I guess the devs still have to have a look at this issue.

2 Likes

Great observation. Fixing it right now!

4 Likes

The most recent update has two fixes in, one for self activating checkpoints and one experimental for the unmanned issue. Let me know if this still happens in -9.

For sure one of the most awesome community additions to this project!

No, unfortunately not. Even if you add those variables there are no way for the game to interpret them.

As I said due to data scrubbing they are not all used, far from it, but that refinement is something we’ll look at during beta and with the community effort in regards to the improvement of that data base there might be an opportunity to further down the line expand the number of airports we simulate flights from.

This is the general consensus of the development team. The entire point of being able to place an airport somewhere in the world are the challenges that come with that placement. I don’t at all see the point of being able to place the airport at a specific location and then just disregard the effects of that placement fully - it’s not realistic and it would make the game into more of a sandbox simulator than a tycoon game.

It’s one thing that flight spawn ratios are off due to the earlier mentioned bug (which should now be fixed in 3-9) and that operating an airport in Moscow should offer both domestic and international flights, but it you place your airport in Luxembourg and except huge amounts of domestic flights of varying size then this is not the game for you.

No, it’s been eluding us for quite some time but with this perfect explanation Alexander was able to solve it in a matter of a few minutes. Thank you! :smiley:

7 Likes

ACEO-27138 what about it? have not seen it in solved yet. @Olof

Luxembourg, Aruba, you are citing very small countries where I couldn’t agree more that you should not expect a huge amount of domestic flights. :slight_smile:

The problem is that due to the wrong minimum distance assigned to many aircraft types you end up not getting the due amount of domestic flights in countries like France, Germany, Italy, Spain and so on.

That is however something I would categorize as a bug or imbalanced simulation values, something that has always been up for discussion and feedback and can be revised during the beta stage of the game. It does however not contribute to the discussion concerning comments like the fact you should not be limited to how many domestic flights are spawned based on what location you select for the airport, where we disagree and do think that the selection of an airport’s location definitely should impact in what way you can operate the airport - just like IRL.

Luxembourg or Aruba will have very few if any domestic flights while Sweden will have some but still far fewer than France, India and so forth. The bigger the country, the more domestic airports there are and the more domestic flights can be offered - just like IRL.

5 Likes

Makes sense to me. Thanks for answering. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Is it safe to say that one can’t expect compatibility with previous saves anymore? It feels like the more iteration it gets, I feel like getting bugs come and go in a revolving manner with a save from the R&D update (e.g. stair trucks not working, pax don’t want to check in and depart an international flight, arriving pax not taking travellators into account, etc.).