Airport CEO Alpha 35 released (The Terminal Update)

I think parking lots will be improved in the future. They fill up rather quickly but I feel like passengers prefer to leave by other means, thus making the cars stuck

Edit: Nevermind, people are using them to leave too. But there doesn’t really seem to be a difference between short term and long term parking.

1 Like

I had that issue too, I noticed that all staff was frozen. They were just standing, all of them. All check-ins were empty, pax were waiting to open them. Security staff was at the position but were doing nothing and I got notification above security station that it’s unmanned. I think that this occured just after loading a save. Reloading helped.

This bug is really eluding me… there was one fix in a previous version but that seems to only have lowered the frequency of this bug. Do you know exactly what is happening to cause this behavior? Does it just occur randomly during a shift change?

Hey Olof!
I have had this bug too, and im still in the default branch (so before alpha 35). It seems to occur sometimes while shift change. Furthermore some check points closed by intend randomly open while shift change (Due to perfomrance issues I turned down the pay ratio and do not need as many of them as planned. But now I have to turn them off again and again…). Didn´t report the bug yet, since I did not know if it has been fixed in alpha 35 already (ans it´s not a big problem, you can easily cloese and re-open the check point to fix). But maybe this information can help to find the bug. If you need any further details (default branch alpha 34) then just tell. I try to observe and will take a closer look :wink:

1 Like

Anyone else notices that staff parking gets full of random cars even when the airport has never been opened and you have no staff hired?
Need to try it on a new map later.

Here are 4 Medium Security Checkpoints and a Large. Note, all have personnel. Some Medium even have five. Only one is active.

Tried to send an in-game bug report. Report tool failed. So, here’s the bug.
I have offices zoned for specific executives. However, a couple Security Officers are now occupying the CEO and CIO offices. Such impertinence! I shall fire them. No…flogged…then fired.

This would require quite a big database that would include at least all medium and major airports. Maybe have 2015 (or any other year with available data) as a year for reference. But once you press the speed button you should be able, albeit it should be very difficult, to turn, i.e. Malta, into a major airport.

The game runs on a database containing around 50000 airports world wide, although not all of them are currently in use due to data scrubbing.

4 Likes

Thank you for the input here (and others), will try to get this solved this week.

3 Likes

Would it be possible to add “airport size / city size” to the database, and have the mechanism consider that when choosing flights and type of aircraft?

The game runs on a database containing around 50000 airports world wide, although not all of them are currently in use due to data scrubbing.

Let the community know if you need any help with airport data. This community managed to work on 14k airports and we can handle 36k more :slight_smile:

6 Likes

What kind of data does it include? PAX numbers? Destinations? And for what year? As @EG0611 rightly says maybe we can help.

A lot of data is already available currently.

Data

Taken from “AirportData.json” in “\Airport CEO\Airport CEO_Data\DataFiles\GameData\JSON”

{
“id”:2513,
“name”:“Amsterdam Airport Schiphol”,
“latitude”:52.3086013794,
“longitude”:4.763889789579999,
“country”:“NL”,
“region”:“Amsterdam”,
“iata”:“AMS”,
“icao”:“EHAM”,
“paxSize”:1,
“cargoSize”:2,
“paxCount”:63625534,
“cargoCount”:1549686
}

Hypothetically speaking, if I alter this file and get the game to classify a group of real-life countries into a one fictional “country” and name that, say, “The Schengen zone”, could I then see domestic flights from Germany to Spain? :thinking:

50,000? When I look in the airportData I only see list of 2959 airports in the database (including item 0).

Yes when you have any aircraft that has landed or already pushed and require to taxi behind another aircraft that needs to push or cross at an intersection the aircraft waiting has to wait for a long period of time as the aircraft is all the way on the other side of the airport or has a long way to taxi before it even passes the aircraft stand with the aircraft that needs to push. sometimes these aircraft will wait for hours to push. Its also like a domino effect.

If you have a row of stands and the stand that is closer to the runway needs to push but an aircraft a few stands down (further away from the runway and needs to pass the closer stand) pushes first then it sits there and wait until the other aircraft pushes and then passes. And then if another aircraft request push before the other aircraft passes that (closer to the runway aircraft) then it gets moved to the top of the priority. So then the aircraft that is closer to the runway ends up waiting for for each aircraft to push until all have pushed even though there was plenty of time for it to push multiple times while it was waiting.

ACEO-22728 - since the last update i get offered unrealistic destinations halfway across the world with small planes.Anmerkung 2020-05-04 182414
Does anyone else experience the same phenomenon?

It’s the 1900D ULR. I don’t see any problem here. :smile:

2 Likes

It’s supersonic as well. Might be a secret Musk StarShip test :rocket:

2 Likes

I’ve tried to edit the “AircraftTypes” json to alter the A320 and similar aicraft size to make the same of ATRX aicraft, trying to trick the game to generate more realistic routes for them, but nothing.

I think that If the gameplay option “realistic” is toggled, the game should behave in a realistic manner. Otherwise in my opinion you can just remove the option and leave the default one as the only one.

I think you misunderstood what I wrote but I totally agree with you. It shouldn’t matter where you put your airport You should NOT be limited to how many domestic or international flights you are offered based on airport location. You should be given flights based on how you airport is designed. if you have more international stands for a certain contract then you should have more international flights offered and vs. I don’t want any limit depending on location of airport.

2 Likes