Airport CEO Alpha 35 released (The Terminal Update)

I would like to set my own hours for night time? Is that something that could be set as a setting slider? :slight_smile:

Lights or lighting? You can set when the lights turn on in the airport in the operations menu.

No i mean the flight planner :slight_smile: I want night hours on. But i want to edit the hours.

There is a fix which should be deployed shortly,
ACEO 1

3 Likes

As someone has mentioned before, pleeeease allow building above the stand road again! Since it is not possible anymore, I can’t use my favourite arrival/departure separation on new terminals (luckily the already built one works perfectly).

2 Likes

The jetway originally ended earlier? I’m confused.

Before the current version, it was possible to build terminal foundation on upper floors over the road of the stands. So the road is under the blue floor area.
The jetway still has the same length as usual, it doesn’t change its length due to the closer terminal.
Very convenient to make better use of the available space and have a physical separation between arrival and departure which to me looks better than walls or hedges.

Employees can freely cross over to international zone areas whereas passengers need to pass through a passport checkpoint. Stands do not require any specific international zoning as they have a toggle if you’re using the “realistic” setting. This is a delimitation we’ve made to make sure that we’re still on the edge of realistic while approachable for most players.

That part has not really been implemented yet but will come with the contract overhaul in Alpha 36.

This is an issue we’re prioritizing as of now. Can you check and see if it still happens in Alpha 35.3-8?

Yeah me too, will get fixed in Alpha 36… :stuck_out_tongue:

This usually happens when your airport is so clogged up that passengers which have just arrived are immediately realizing that their flight has been cancelled and they’re heading home. What does your flight process monitor look like?

This will be fixed in a few minutes.

Great! Hopefully this issue is now solved.

Unfortunately this was a glitch and never an intended form of usage, we had multiple issues of varying kind (especially visual glitches) caused by this which is why the “feature was removed” (more like the bug was fixed).

3 Likes

Yes! Contract overhaul! :partying_face:

1 Like

As predicted we could not keep our fingers from the keyboard and thus we are deploying Alpha 35.3-8 with a fix for the dreaded door and window wall issue plus some other zone area related improvements.

Release notes - Airport CEO - Version Alpha 35.3-8

Bug

• [ACEO-26834] - Passengers attempt to access unreachable baggage claim belt parts causing baggage not to be picked up
  • [ACEO-26851] - Removing terminal foundation in a zoned area can invoke strange zone duplication behavior due to missing validation checks
  • [ACEO-26902] - Placing doors and windows do not remove the wall they cover
  • [ACEO-26905] - Zones placed at stand gate door not correctly merged with adjacent zone area causing stands to not recognize security checkpoint connections
  • [ACEO-26915] - Franchise desk and room activation not always correctly invoked
  • [ACEO-26945] - International zone areas are not correctly validated when building doors
  • [ACEO-26950] - Security checkpoints partly covered by rooms cannot be opened
  • [ACEO-26959] - GA stands incorrectly spawn gate doors
  • [ACEO-26977] - Missing null reference check for security checkpoint fetching can cause certain major controllers to not launch correctly generating incorrect notifications
  • [ACEO-26983] - Missing null reference check for security checkpoints can cause objects to disappear on load
  • [ACEO-27002] - Upgrading stand to jetway generates duplicate zone area
  • [ACEO-27019] - Persons attempting to pathfind from an unwalkable position can get stuck in a loop and display jittering behavior
  • [ACEO-27035] - Contractors can complete demolition of objects despite not accessing them
14 Likes

I. Love :heart: . The. Bug Squashing all the devs are doing! Keep it up! :slight_smile:

1 Like

wait how is it suppose to look? @Gerwanese

Although these flights are late, they are in process of either Boarding, Delayed, Go To Gate, or Enroute. Pax have arrived, so they should checkin so they can catch their late flights. The time of this snapshot is 23:38. I recommend you check the savegame attached to this bug report.

You have so big delays that this might be the cause. Try to send planes without pax and cancel all incoming to have all planes on time. Maybe that will help:)

1 Like

The passengers decided they didn’t even want to arrive. :slight_smile: Make them happier! :slight_smile: Also try adding travelators to shorten the distance walked, and for goodness sake, add floors! :slight_smile:

Thank you Olof, doesn’t happen in 35.3-8 anymore.
But the update does not release already stuck passengers. Either you free them by switching zones in front of the jetway (can take hours) or you have to strip out all pax in the json file before you can continue.

I did take a quick look. You have three medium security checkpoints for what seems to be 27 medium stands and 8 large remote stands. If you check the process panel you can also see that that’s your biggest bottle neck, not a lot of passengers manage to check in due to the heavy pax influx.

I think this is a good observation. I would cancel and add more security checkpoints. Would also rebuild that remote bus stop area on the lower floor, having that many crossings close to the stops will no doubt generate traffic jams.

Yeah, unfortunately we cannot spend time on resolving behavior caused by bugs on experimental because then that would be all that we would be doing…

Let’s hope thar issue is fixed then but let me know if any other get stuck.

4 Likes

Thank you devs for working on the weekend! I deeply appreciate it. :slight_smile: I have never seen Developers so involved with the community as you guys are, and that is probably why I love playing this game. Again, thank you! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Devs, can you please look at my bug report, something is incredibly wrong.

However, Security bottleneck should NOT prevent the pax from checking in at the self-checkin kiosks. The pax are stopping at the Subway and leaving again. That should have nothing to do with not checking in at self-checkin kiosks. I never see any pax at the three Security Checkpoints. So, not an issue.

BTW, the Large Stands are not remote.