Airport CEO Alpha 35 released (The Terminal Update)

Thanks for the daily update. I’ve tested the changes on domestic flights again and I would sadly say there are not enough to make the behavior realistic. Still, A320, B737 and similar aircrafts should be offered for domestic flights on routes as short as 400km (45m flight time). This IS the reality, especially in Europe. In fact is less realistic that these aircrafts are used on routes long 4000km like I saw multiple times in game.

I strongly believe that the minimum distance should be drastically reduced or 1) made it configurable or 2) made it moddable. I think a lot of complain on this will come in the future otherwise :slight_smile:

Reported as ACEO-26897 for a screenshot of the too long route.

In my case I’ll just employ more companies offering shorter, although not realist, routes.

How do you do that?

@Olof I am testing a seperation of the domestic and international flights but somehow my security checkpoint is not connect. Can you please look into my save? Number: 26905

26906 - Delivery site not working anymore
Since A35.3-7 I cannot place any object. It says I have no functional delivery site. I use sandbox and disabled all simulation in F10. Now I’ve built a new, second delivery site and hired a contractor. But the error still appears when I try to build something.

/edit seems to affect only older savegames created before A35.

Actually I wanted to report another issue. I was able to use a newer savegame to reproduce it:
26907 - Wall does not get removed when I place a door on top of it. Since A35.3-7

/Update: same with windows

5 Likes

Is that just a visual glitch or a physical glitch i.e pax not going through

Bug 26913 - I am getting much more lag now while constructing. I can go about 10-20 minutes before I need to save and reload to clear out all the secure/international zones from all my wall movements. :frowning:

Is it normal that administrators and executives, which are assigned to terminal 1, are arriving via subway or bus on terminal 3? There is no path between these two terminals, there should be a path or this is a bug?
In the picture you can see small path building especially for stuck administrators…

Pax can’t go through, you have to manually delete the walls.

For [ACEO-26190], I was just playing and Alpha 35.3-7, and after I bulldozed a building other items were still disappearing. I sent another bug report in. After a reload even more items disappeared.

High speed conveyor belt is so fast that you can barely see in what direction it’s going, it’s visible only when it’s zoomed or game is paused. ACEO-26923

That is the whole point of extra high speed. Press b to see direction. I don’t think that’s a bug

1 Like

I’m now bit confused about the security zones. I’ve gathered from replies that arrivals and departure must be 2 separate zones, as should be the internationals if you want them to have their own security etc. Now, where does that leave staff? Can they cross the 1 tile no security zone gap which separates the secure areas or do i need to arrange another security check for them? And stands? Are they supposed to be on arriving or departing zone? Or perhaps 3rd, staff only security? Where do i draw the line if that’s the case?

2 Likes

I agree. A319/320/321 is normal metal on short distance routes across the world. Here in the UK between Manchester and London Heathrow the 320/321 is the most common and distance is only about 250km. Or other way, nobody uses those small propeller planes anywhere really. DHC6, 1900D, Cessna 206… They are not in commercial use that much at all.

1 Like

Of course it has to be fast. I pressed b, that’s what I’m talking about. But now arrows are so fast that it’s mixing together and it is hard to see direction

Does anyone know how to find the sales of a lounge? I can’t seem to find it.

Still no fix for the active/inactive taxiway nodes? There is a section of an old taxiway in my airport that was connected to a small runway which I had deleted and built a large one for a secondary relief of aircraft throughput. This section is still marked as active (although it is actually connected to nothing) and I can’t delete the taxiway or the nodes, messing up my building of a larger taxiway and connection to the new runway. I had already bug reported this 4 patches ago when you guys “fixed” the nodes so active nodes cannot be deleted. Well, those nodes are not active and I still can’t delete them or the taxiway.

I have tried everything; Rebuilt the taxiway save/close/load, added nodes to the inactive nodes save/close/load, removed every piece of taxiway around that section save/close/load, pulled my hair out save/close/load. :stuck_out_tongue:

I don’t think passengers pay to go into the lounge but the airline leases the space off you which means the airline pays for the lounge. It would probably be part of the airline fees @Blackout

1 Like

I reported this too. There are 4 tiles for the gate, the outer two are used by pas - left depart, right arrive. Seems if you build the wall next to the departure tile, then it breaks the security link. Place the wall next to arrival and all is well.

Here’s the gate: D - - A (D=departure node, - are the free tiles, A is the arrival node, w= wall

DW - A = this breaks security connection
D - WA - this works fine

1 Like

I have no problems with no borders displayed on map, but that a new airport placed at 51.240278, 22.713611 should be actually belonging to Lublin, Poland, and not Brest, Belarus, like where it was in the old map. The previous map had Lublin, Poland in the cities and it was saved this way in files, and the new map doesn’t have it - it has now Brest, Belarus, that is 170 km away. I can get Rzeszów, Poland as the nearest city if I move my airport south of Lublin, or Warsaw, Poland when I place the airport west of Lublin, but the real airport in Lublin is east of the city and not south of it (and I can well recognize the place by looking at the satellite image of the new game map, and then additionally confirm it by coordinates saved in the save file).

Well, I don’t need to be dictator of any country, but I can still ban the game from being played on my Steam account, as also I can also write a negative recommendation until the Polish border issue is fixed, too. :stuck_out_tongue:

You have had complaints from dictators of other countries, now you have my complaint… :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: