Airport CEO Alpha 35 released (The Terminal Update)

Hi,
there you go:

It seems to me that the game expects an international zone exit (customs booth) that hasn’t been implemented yet?

//Edit:

Nevermind, I fixed it! I didn’t know passport checkpoints, unlike security entries / exits, work both ways. I had to re-draw my international zones, it seems that the game created multiple zones that somehow didn’t connect…

I think the game means you need an immigration booth. Security exits can’t do international passengers. You need it before they exit the secure area. I hope this helps. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I 100% understand where you’re coming from on this (Free Tibet!), but from a gameplay perspective, if the domestic/international flights ratio depends on the country you’re selecting, you need a way for the player to reliably pick a specific country.

IIRC each airport has a “nearest city” option, so it could just be pegged to the nearest city instead, which could avoid all the political wrangling.

Curious, what happens when you select a place on the map in a disputed area? Which country does the game say the airport is in?

(I don’t care either way, just wondering if this fixed the issue)

It seems de-icing is just broken at the moment (on 35.3-6). I have two deicing pads, two trucks currently and it won’t let me turn on de-icing (only the requirement “De-icing truck” is in red, as if I have no trucks). Trucks are assigned to the right terminal (there is only one anyway) and to a parking structure nearby.

I initially had just one (small) pad and one truck, but it didn’t let me turn it on then either (same reason). So I sold the truck, and as soon as it was sold (hadn’t even moved to leave the airport) I could turn it on. Then I bought another, but when it arrived I once again couldn’t turn it on either. So I bought a 2nd truck, it eventually let me turn De-Icing on.

Shortly after I happened to be watching the de-icing happening, and suddenly the truck drives off the pad to its parking spot. Planes were still queued up to be serviced, and then just drove through the pad and took off. Shortly after I found out that the option turned itself off again, and I couldn’t turn it back on (same reason: requirement “a deicing truck” was red).

I finally built two pads, have two trucks. Turned it on again. Worked fine for a while (in-game day or two). Then it’s off again, same reason. Both trucks also have fluid in them (>50%), so does the depot (60%). It seems to just be broken.

Might be something along the lines of what I’m experiencing nag at the moment.

There’s an issue recognising which vehicles I’ve purchased. In one game I had ten pushback trucks but was still getting notifications saying there were none.

In another I had catering and trash trucks but couldn’t activate the services as the operations screen was saying I didn’t have any.

Started a new one then couldn’t progress past the tutorial as it wasn’t recognising I had bought fuel trucks.

Seems like when they’re parked they ‘disappear’ from the assets list. When the fuel vehicles left the park to fill up, they registered and the tutorial objective completed itself.

Bug was reported in game.

I’ve also just now sent in a bug report (ACEO-26880) for this. Hope it helps. I assume that automatically attaches the save game.

Yay! Now I have 0 commercial flights processed. Wait that is impossible as yesterday I had one. What is going on. Bug report number: ACEO-26881

I didn’t even notice that so far, but yes vehicles being recognized in general seems to be an issue. Apparently I didn’t even notice, but both fuel services (the only other service I have) also turned themselves off it seems. Thanks for mentioning vehicles in general, @SwebbieJr Probably would’ve not noticed this for a LONG time.

Edit: tried de-zoning the (only) terminal, so it’s basically a “legacy” terminal, but that also didn’t change anything. I doubt it’s related anyway, since Avgas isn’t related to the terminal, and neither are the GA stands, but that also got turned off. Pretty sure that problem didn’t exists in yesterdays version (35.3-5), or it only got triggered today by the de-icing somehow, but I know the refuling was working fine until an hour or two ago.

Yeah, I just noticed the vehicle problem. I am a small airport and I needed av-gas for prophit. That is probably why I am down to 230 thousand.

Yeah, defo looks like a new bug.

That’s the torture of bug fixing.

:musical_note: 99 little bugs in the code, 99 little bugs. You take one down, patch it around, 127 little bugs in the code! :musical_note:

1 Like

Lol, so true though.

Another update rolling out today! Tomorrow is a weekend day in Sweden so we may or may not deploy and update depending on how far away we can keep ourselves from the keyboard.

Here are today’s fixes:

Release notes - Airport CEO - Version Alpha 35.3-7

Improvement

• [ACEO-26864] - Slightly decreased minimum distance for all aircraft sizes

Bug

• [ACEO-26190] - Removal of items and structures using foundation bulldozing and construction simulation can cause multiple objects across the map to randomly disappear
  • [ACEO-26347] - Construction workers using walkalator in wrong direction
  • [ACEO-26758] - International zone areas not correctly validated when building staff zone ontop
  • [ACEO-26784] - Secure zone area validation working correctly for small stand but not for medium and large stand
  • [ACEO-26797] - Hedges now separate zones similar to how walls work
  • [ACEO-26846] - Vehicle in world calculation incorrect causing disabled turnaround services
  • [ACEO-26850] - Vending machines color change back to default after reload.
  • [ACEO-26862] - First airport logotype not initialized correctly
14 Likes

Regarding the world map, while I still hope to get international airports (better than cities for me) displayed for reference, another option would be to display the different FIRs. That way we would get away from political borders and get pure avation regions instead.
List of FIRs worldwide:

IATA map of FIRs (careful, almost 10 MB!):

https://gis.icao.int/eganp/DOC7100ultimeorderprint8FINAL.pdf

In that map for example you can see the FIRs of India and Pakistan both covering a part of the disputed area.
This would be a politically neutral and aviation related way to display the map. Remove the country names and instead just label the areas with their corresponding FIR (or highlight them on mouseover).

@Megahenrik, may I ask how you got to this screen?

@parillos Top left of the dashboard, click on your ceo image.

3 Likes

For those struggling with lack of domestic flight as I am in NZ, I did find a way to add (until updates, and I’ll just copy them back) additional domestic airports in to my own games.

@Trenomarcus thank you!

Hate to tell you this man, but this patch has bought the dreaded 100% cpu problem back! All was going fine until i placed a few logos down, then poof all path finding decided to break along it killing my cpu :frowning: ive reported it aceo-26896

Edit:This appears to only happen when i try to seperate the departure/ arrival pax at the gate with a wall.