Airport CEO Alpha 35 released (The Terminal Update)

Great, looking forward to play again after this change in distance gets deployed. Based on real-life experience I would say that A320-like aircrafts should be usable on distances around 400km or so.

1 Like

Ok guys, so is it like that?
Large stands have to be connected to international zone and operates only international routes, but small and medium stands don’t have to be connected to international zone but they operate domestic and international routes??

That is correct for the default and easy mode. You can switch to the real mode in your gameplay settings where you have the control which stand is international or not if you want.

1 Like

Would it be possible to add cities back to the map though? It would make navigating a lot easier and I don’t think anybody debates the geographical location of cities.

1 Like

Question: There is a difference between security wings of the same terminal and different terminals, does the game know the difference? It feels like the passengers are stupid and instead of making it smart and choose the correct path, they gave us the terminals for us to do the hard work instead of everyone just know where to go.

1 Like

But… But the game does assign countries to your airport! And if somebody is upset with the map, they can go to the json and change the country of their airport. It’s not like you see the map anywhere other than when creating an airport.

@Olof
So my problem continues, i did this " You could start a new game, select the logos you want with the iata you want, start, and then simply copy-paste the new one into the old save where it got wrong."

But atm, when i start new games, the logo is white, i tried to start 3 different new games, all with the blue in game logo. But they look like the pic bellow all 3 times. Made a report ACEO-26862

That’s not how real life works. Also why do you tell this to me I am not the one who suggested map change or even was complaining about borders. Tell it to developers.

When passengers fetch boarding desks they are looking at what secure area that desk is placed in. Since you have that underground staff tunnel, the secure area of your two terminals merge and share the same secure area number. This is why they fetch the “wrong” security checkpoint, because according the the rules of the game (which is that secure zones merge areas and staff zone does not split that area) the passengers should be able to access the passport checkpoint via any of the security checkpoints attached to that secure area.

If you split that tunnel like I showed you all passengers immediately exit the wrong area and then proceed to the correct security checkpoint.

2 Likes

Recently Im finding my security checkpoints go unmanned for a wee while whist theres a shift change, Its causing the passengers to de-queue and go to another station, causing delays - shouldn’t the checkpoint staff wait until their replacement turn up to go on break?

I have tried moving the staff room and staff toilet right next to the checkpoints but this hasnt really made a difference, they still go unmanned.

Do you utilize terminals? Where are the staff taking those jobs coming from and how far do they have to walk?

1 Like

It was a problem with the first logotype only, but it was identified and is fixed today!

1 Like

I have 1 terminal only, Screenshot showing how close the staff rooms/toilets are:

I’m seeing the same behaviour. I wasn’t using terminals and the personnel had to walk down some stairs. But it looks like the agents just leave their post at the end of their shift and at that time their replacement leaves to start a shift, causing a small period of time where the security check is inoperational. It’s usually only for a small time, but it does indeed cause a problem with passangers going to another checkpoint.

Doesn’t look that they carry very much staff. Have you checked that you have enough staff and are not pushing them on the edge? For that many security checkpoints I tend to run twice the number of security staff it takes to mann them so that I have overhead and don’t end up with unmanned stations.

1 Like

I have 14 large checkpoints and 95 security officers, I usually hire more when I see the orange/red flag in Operations but it is a steady green surplus whenever I check

You can bug report it and I can take a look at some point but it’s strange to have that kind of surplus and them not showing up in those staff rooms. I would try to investigate where they’re holding up and that’s probably why you have the time delay.

1 Like

I tried to plop it down around the real position of NRT, but can’t exactly remember where.

Plenty of medium flights from Hokkaido (Hakodate, really?) and I think I might have seen some from Okinawa and Kyushu.

As for the rest of East Asia, it’s common to see domestic and regional flights on A330s or something around that size (Thai Airways have even flown 747s Bangkok-Phuket), so if the devs are trying to balance things perhaps that could be factored in too.

1 Like

Hey guys,

Did I miss anything or is it currently not possible to operate international flights on the experimental build? My arriving passengers get stuck after deboarding because they can’t leave the international zone.

Hi and welcome

Can you post a screenshot where you pax are stucked? May with activated zone overlay please.