Airport CEO Alpha 35 released (The Terminal Update)

No, I didn’t. I thought a save and reload would work, but it didn’t. Also, on the total, it said something like 800 aircraft total processed. On GA, it said 600 something had been processed. And on commercial, it said only 1 had been processed. My math doesn’t add up. :thinking:

How’s the progress on the disappearing items bug? Have you guys determined what’s causing it yet?

Are the stands set to commercial?

Yes. I did a test to see if all stands worked, so I saw with my own eyes 9 commercial flights. Should I send a bug report?

Yeah, I will post a bug report tomorrow morning. It is getting late, so… good night! :slight_smile:

Another learned tip. If you place your international baggage claim after immigration and before the secured exit, then make sure you have a way to allow your staff to get into the baggage claim without having to go through your international zone (path-finding might not see it, and it is really inefficient for your staff). I place a small security check-point for staff only near the security exit from the baggage claim. Again, not a bug, but a design issue.

1 Like

On the case of borders, areas, etc. - Can we get back the old map or get on it more “nearest cities” or borders of countries actually being respected? The current one isn’t detailed enough and puts airports in different countries than they actually are. I’m sick of my airport located in Poland being put every time by the game while I’m starting a new map in Belarus, while it’s actually 170 km inside Poland. I’m sick of it already.

1 Like

@orb the reason of previous map got removed is there are many border conflicts around the world and you basically cannot make everybody happy. If you make a border of country according to country A, country B wil get mad and they can even ban this game from their country.

1 Like

Seriously? We have to use this map where you can’t see anything because some rogue state might get offended by a niche game and might ban it? I wonder how many potential players there are in places like Sudan, Marocco or Pakistan anyway. That’s an explanation I could not have come up with and it actually amuses me. You’re not making world politics here guys…

I have no issues with no borders. But a search function would be helpfull. Now I need a Map next to me to find the right location orientating by lakes and mountains.

You guys might not have problem but some government officers and some heavly patriotic members can be troublesome. Even Google can’t deal with them and here is why;

4 Likes

(feedback)

But but but… I’m playing a Japanese airport and I don’t get domestic flights on my large stands…

https://www.ana.co.jp/en/jp/domestic/departure/inflight/seatmap/detail/773.html

https://www.jal.co.jp/jp/en/aircraft/conf/359.html

1 Like

Look, I admire your being so considerate here but frankly, this is Airport CEO and chances that somebody actually cares is close to zero…However, I can live without borders, but how about some cities or roads or anything so that there is at least some reference like on the old map? I’m very good with geography and I know where everything is but for someone who is not good at it and who plays this game for the first time, that map can be a huge turn off.

I’m playing a Japanese airport and I don’t get domestic flights on my large stands…

Yuuka where is your airport exactly located and do you get medium domestic flights to these large stands? I know JAL and ANA uses 777s and 787s (747 before) for domestic routes but maybe they are too big for game standards. However you should at least get some domestic flights from Okinawa and/or Hokkaido.

Look, I admire your being so considerate here but frankly, this is Airport CEO and chances that somebody actually cares is close to zero

When it comes to patriotism, everything will be cared by some patriotic people. I am 99% sure that when experimental is released to default branch we will see couple of “why I can’t get domestic flights from country A which is our brother-in-law country please add it” or so comments.

Thanks guys for the update. The CEO-panel is now correct regarding number of domestic airports in the country.

However, I still being offered not as many domestic flights as expected. Today I’ve realized that I get domestic flights only if I get a contract with a company offering flights with ATR72 and similar. Is that by design? I think that domestic flights should be offered for almost all medium-sized aircraft like A319, A320, etc., like in reality. Reported as ACEO-26849.

We did receive multiple complaints from several users across the world regarding disputed terretories on all sides of the globe. The best solution was thus to remove borders all together and avoid insinuating any claims on what belongs to what.

10 Likes

We just decreased the minimum distance slightly. This covers all aircraft sizes. We want to keep it as real as possible, but we’re risking getting too big aircraft in too short a distance by going lower. I think part of the fun is getting to know the different locations, airlines and aircrafts and adapting accordingly if playing in realistic mode :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Amazing…Thanks for the explanation, really didn’t think that could actually be a big deal for somebody playing this game. I do still think that some cities and streets would make that map look a lot nicer and easier to navigate, especially for new players who are not so good at geography.

1 Like

@Olof ACEO-26771 - It is not a user error. I see the two terminal, the second terminal windows is a little bit up on the right. but there are two terminals. I just checked my save again. (why does the secure zone for staff only matters? shouldn’t the temrminal tell people where to go and where not to go?) They are more like different wings then two different terminals. The game does not support different security wings?