Airport CEO Alpha 23.4 released

Hey all!

I’m working the night shift and Alpha 23.4 with the new furniture pack is now being deployed on the experimental branch and should be available soon!

We are aware that a few of the preview images in the new object description panel is not loading correctly and that some buttons and descriptions are not matching up. These will be hot fixed tomorrow. Here are a few important notes from the devlog:

Note around new gate seating! You will now be able to place two kinds of gate seating. Since the old one is now replaced with a new one, we recommend demolishing all existing gate seating and rebuilding them again. This is because the old type spawns incorrectly in relation to the mentioned code changes. You may also see passengers sitting in thin air, this will reset itself as you allow the game to run for a while.

Important note around runways! If you are on the experimental branch and have updated the game to 23.4-0 you will now be able to set the desired aircraft size for each runway. The first time you load your save, you must set small or medium flights as these values are note yet stored in your old save file. Once you have done this and saved the game, the values are correctly serialized. Note that medium flights now require at least 800 meter (or 2625 feet) of runway length!

Here are the patch notes:

Release notes - Airport CEO - Version Alpha 23.4

Improvement

• [ACEO-2760] - Runway length now taken into consideration (medium flights require +800m/2625ft)
  • [ACEO-2761] - Aircraft size can now be set in runway panel (check all runways on existing saves)
  • [ACEO-2770] - Improved object description panels

Bug

• [ACEO-2377] - Aircraft runway overshoots fixed with length requirements
  • [ACEO-2737] - Various types of Jet airplanes turn into DHC6 at medium gates
  • [ACEO-2769] - Error with dynamic funds text

New Feature

Also, if you are experiencing issues with freezes or crashes to desktop. Please open up the development panel (F10) and toggle on “Use main thread path finding” when you start the game. If the problems persist with this setting enabled, please contact us! Also please continue to send in crash logs for us to analyze.

4 Likes

I am gonna heve a hearh attack :open_mouth: They are so beautiful even on “Fast” settings :smiley: @Jettuh you are definitely an amazing developer :wink:

But why toilet items stay same :thinking: That was a great opportunity to update them too.

But I don’t understand how bar table works, which side I have to place chairs?

3 Likes

Tip for Airport CEO’s, do not load your game in daytime, all your benches will shrink instantly.

Now busy replacing 400 benches while 3900PAX walk around on airport.

Olof already said:

Note around new gate seating! You will now be able to place two kinds of gate seating. Since the old one is now replaced with a new one, we recommend demolishing all existing gate seating and rebuilding them again. This is because the old type spawns incorrectly in relation to the mentioned code changes. You may also see passengers sitting in thin air, this will reset itself as you allow the game to run for a while.

Yeah, got that ;P, still funny. Btw, changing item ID’s in game is very dangerous;

Second note; Autosave is disabled in my last save game.

21:9 support would be nice, rather than ‘furniture’ :wink:

I have been playing for 2 hours since release and I gotta say finally it made me happy to build whatever I want :smiley: Thanks guys.

Build some lightposts on your busstops, people cant see a thing :wink:

Did you experience crashes before? If so, did you use the main threaded path finding option?

I had crashes before 23.4 but not sure with/without enabled main thread. But on 23.4, I immediately enabled main thread and for 2 hours; no lag, no spikes, nothing. The only lag was autosave. Even FPS was stable, yet lower than 24 FPS but atill I had fun withing that 2 hours.

The airport was the one I shared picture.

Ok, that is good information. So if you were to run the game now without the enabled main threaded path finding, would you get crashes?

Maybe, maybe not. The only way to know is testing. Give me 2 hours :wink:

EDIT: I also wrote it via discord but without main thread; game crashed 42 minutes later.

Are those tables? Are those chairs? Are those tables & chairs!!!

2 Likes

There’s only so much we can do in a week, more will come and will be implemented in minor increments! :slight_smile:

1 Like

I really like this weekly policy of introducing new elements. No matter how small they may be, it keeps the player engaged. Don’t know if Mondays is the best day to do this, but clearly it suits you.

2 Likes

Imho Monday is a perfect day to release new stuff. If gives the players the possibility to find bugs during the week. If a hot-fix is necessary the developers can do that during the week. It means that we have a relative stable version of the game during the weekend. If the new stuff is released close to the weekend there is only little time for bug finding and bug fixing.

I know that the developers spend a lot of time developing in the weekend. However that isn’t a really healthy situation. They too need their rest. In short term long developers hours can be beneficial to the game. However if that period takes too long you will see that in 9 out of 10 cases it will cause more harm as good.

Talking about day for releases

Yes you are right, so once we get an office sorted out we plan to move the deployment day to Thursdays as that will allow us to fix any urging issues on Friday and at the same time give something new to the players to experiment over the weekend.

1 Like

By the way, most desks are now colorable too so you can create check-in or boarding desk coloring schemes to match airlines or terminals.

1 Like

Hello
After update to version 23.4-0 I found a bug. All my planes became small in medium stands and can’t go away from this stands. You can see it on the screenshot below. I created ACEO-2781 with this problem.

1 Like