Airport CEO 1.0-0 released

Now my service vehicles are driving around on public roads and can’t find their way back to airside. Dozens of them.

Vehicle AI is in a serious need of re writing it. It’s just a mess.

Can’t send a bug report because save file is too large. Probably because it has 11500 passengers.

Definitely. At almost any airport I get a large flood of taxi’s and cars coming to the airport for no reason hours after the last flight arrived.

Rolling out 1.0-32 on the experimental branch in response to the bugs reported during this weekend.

Release notes - Airport CEO - Version 1.0-32

Bug

MERCURY-44976 Selection overlay prioritize the room over items inside room

MERCURY-44969 Hover tool tip description in settings panel can in certain instances appear out of view

MERCURY-44958 Hiding the UI using F4 can break the UI toggling in certain panel instances

MERCURY-44949 Right click settings not available on some items despite appearing selected

MERCURY-44948 Object selection visuals only appear on ground floor related objects

MERCURY-44947 Elevator menu not selectable despite showing selection overlay

MERCURY-42134 Flights do not properly clear after extremely extended gameplay sessions causing gamedata .json to swell in size

Improvement

MERCURY-44982 Minor UI paneling improvements

4 Likes

Am I missing something… Where did the elevator floor settings go? :thinking:

Are you on Experimental? It should be fixed there.

1 Like

Yes, it is a bug. Next version will fix it

I am on experimental. I thought it had been fixed, which is why i was confused

-33 will be deployed later tonight, fixing the issue! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Rolling out 1.0-33 now on the experimental branch in response to the bugs on 32 that were reported! :slight_smile:

Release notes - Airport CEO - Version 1.0-33

Bug

MERCURY-44994 Elevator is not always clickable

MERCURY-44992 Completed flights can in certain instances be removed from the flight planner before the day is over

2 Likes

No, as this is not a widely reported issue it does not take priority over other issues or development tasks. I don’t have a set date for when we have the time to look at it, unfortunately.

1 Like

Airport CEO 1.0-33 is now live on the default branch! Steam message and full log here: Steam :: Airport CEO :: Airport CEO 1.0-33 released

3 Likes

Delivery/contractor bays… can we be allowed to place them underground? they take up valuable space in large airports and can be placed underground realistically with dedicated “staff” roads :slight_smile: currently it gives error saying they can’t be placed on -1 level

2 Likes

That would be amazing!

1 Like

Also just as a feedback/query, when selecting multi items using SHIFT+CLICK, the multiple items no longer highlight since the (very good!) UI improvements :slight_smile:

I am wondering if there is future plan for player made modded aircraft.
Still hoping to welcoming Air Koryo’s Tupolevs and Antonovs to my airport. I play my game muted so it doesn’t matter whether there is engine sound or not.

Maybe @Rubble can give you some directions.

That’s a general modding question. As that part is currently hardcoded and as far as I understand not really designed for modding.

I don’t know how many hours @Fredrik has to add one single plane into the game, but there might be a reason why we have to wait that long for new planes. :slight_smile:

At the end, designing a new plane is one part. Bringing them into the game is the tricky one.
Every path for service vehicles, every position of the fuselage, doors, lights and different sizes of stands have to be typed in manually in numbers into a config file and get tested over and over again.

• if you publish airlines with modded planes, you have to make sure that players subscribe the plane too, otherwise the mods won’t work correct.
  • we run into the issue that we have several mods of the same aircraft by different modders causing conflicts or blowing up the players VRAM.

So in my opinion we better wait for official integrated aircrafts. :angel:

4 Likes

and, futhermore, user modded aircrafts may have some quality issue compared to the ingame aircrafts! i dont want to see some MS Paint Aircrafts in the game!

Adding modding support for aircraft themselves would be a lot of work as, unfortunately, the underlying architecture of the aircraft is extremely coupled to Unity meaning that there is no feasible way of enabling standalone aircraft modification without us basically rewriting the whole thing. Another option would be to develop a standalone application, an aircraft editor, that would allow you input your own graphics and configure the aircraft in such a way that the main ACEO application could run it, however again that would be a very large project to undertake and something that only a very small fraction of ACEO players would actually use. This is another one of those topics that comes down to the fact that it simply makes more sense to just implement better and more accessible aircraft implementation architecture from the start in a potential future Airport CEO 2 and not something that would be feasible for the current ACEO.

That said, we do have more aircraft in the pipeline that are expected to be released in the future. When that is I do not know becuase we are busy with other development right now but when time allows these aircraft will eventually make their way out in a release.

11 Likes

Boarding running 1-2 hours later than departure time? Waiting for every single passenger to reach a gate/bus even if this runs into multiple game hours. (v 1.0.33)

Not sure if this is a bug or not. Is there any sort of redundancy “back up” to prevent flights boarding for too long for 1-2 passengers not reaching the gate?

My guess from memory is that there was a cut off time for remote stands that a bus would be sent to the stand X minutes before departure, similarly a boarding gate would close after a certain proportion of customers had successfully boarded if approaching the scheduled departure time?

Looking for advice to understand if this is a bug? My larger airports are severely impacted during recent gameplay with flights running 2-3 hours late which previously they would pushback missing a very small number of passengers realistically avoiding a delay.

(I’ve not changed the setting in flight planner to send vs delay the flight - it’s the safety cut off time I am unsure of. I’ve primarily noticed this in manually expanded maps, if this may be a bug I will of course submit a bug report from an unaltered large airport)

Thanks