Airport CEO 1.0-0 released

Lots of awesome new stuff and fixes.

Just copied a lightpole onto an entree ramp, haha! It also builds up :smiley:

Welcome to my airpor - lightpole
No etree allowed :rofl:

1 Like

Rolling out a new experimental version, 1.0-21, perhaps targeting the default branch next week.

Turns out that some diligent decoupling work in the runway code allowed the direction switch to be easily handled by @Fredrik this afternoon! Turns out we’re still running that complaint driven development… :slight_smile:

Release notes - Airport CEO - Version 1.0-21

Bug

ACEO-43813 Flood lights can be placed on top of world entrance

ACEO-43810 Minor type in police vehicle description

ACEO-43806 Check-in desk description text in certain instances exposed

ACEO-43800 Road node vehicle type setting for Jet A1 and Avgas fuel truck incorrectly swapped which can cause pathfinding issues in specific instances

Improvement

ACEO-43809 Runways can now change landing and take-off direction when toggled off

13 Likes

When your playing during the update and are probably the last person ever the place flood lights on the world entrance… :rofl: :innocent:

2 Likes

This issue has another problem.

Like you see, this airline/airplane wish to have baggage handling:

Some minutes later by reaching the stand, the highlighted baggage icon gets dark:

All facilities for baggage handling are ok and activated. In the depot stands 9 baggage trucks without a job.

Other flights of this airline had correct baggage handling this game-day.

I don’t have an explanation for this. One day all works fine, the next day I get these problems without changing anything.

Is there a complete and enabled baggage system? Is that stand connected to the baggage bay?

Yes, that’s all fine (at least I think so :D). Other flights get the complete handling, also other flights of the same airline at the same day.

And the next one: first I thought it was a small bug [ACEO-43807], but the error keeps coming back again and again.

I’ve got 13 medium check-in-desks for 12 small stands, all are connected to baggage bay. I’ve got 38 passenger agents (is this the correct english word? Sorry, I play in german). At the moment I took the screenshot are 7 of the 13 check-in-desks in the state “no flights planned”, but for 3 flights is no desk available?

What happens to this game during I made a break playing ACEO? All these problems I haven’t got as I played in alpha phase.

I get this when trying to change the direction of the runway when open (I know I need to close it but I am talking about the text)

Unfortunately the logic of distributing flights across check-in desks works very poorly in this game. Make sure to either build a lot higher number of check-in desks compared to stands, or build a couple of the self check-in machines. 95% of all passengers are going to use those, which is, unfortunately, another poor aspect of the game. Btw, incase @Olof is going to ask, I bug reported the latter issue at least twice recently.

3 Likes

A place to improve :slight_smile:

1 Like

Remote stand boarding… bus won’t leave despite 100% boarded onto the bus (The gremlin is back!). Approx 30-90 delays are caused to all remote stands due to the bus waiting at the gate excessively.

ACEO-43841 (Large airport example)
ACEO-43877 (Small airport example)

I’m sure it’ll be fixed though as it was previously, it was due to the trigger to send the bus not initiating I think? :slight_smile: or is it already looked into via the experimental branch @Olof ? (I can trouble shoot some specific options if that’s any help, but it’s happening across all my different airports/savegames)

Sorry for spamming, but this issue is now going crazy.

Again, there are after reaload the save 6 or 7 or 8 arriving flights, where all is ok, baggage icon is highlighted after landing and stays highlighted on the stand and the baggage service runs fine.

And then the same issue: by taxiing on the stand the baggage icon gets grey and nothing more happend.
But now I saw the following scene:

The baggage icon is still grey, but still the baggage truck has come and the ramp agent unload baggage from the plane.

[ACEO-43843]

Rolled out a hotfix for 1.0-21 correcting an issue with the arrival and departure direction for runways when switched.

8 Likes

There was a change that limited the amount of stands that can be served by a Baggage Bay, how many stands per size are connected to your Baggage Bays?

1 Like

Hi! Thanks for telling this possibility!
I’ve got only 12 small stands, that means: 6x12 commercial flights with small airplanes per day. I’ve got 22 ramp agents, 6 from them at the baggage bay → 16 for 12 stands. I’ve got 16 baggage trucks, most of them stands jobless in the depot the holy day.

I tried out a little bit and it seems to be true, what you’ve said. 1st to 7th airplane get the baggage service, the 8th to 12th not. And then again the 13th to 19th, but the 20th to 24th not.

That means, a baggage bay is able to handle just 50-60 pieces of baggage? Do I have to build 3-4 baggage bays then for one single middle stand and i-don’t-know-how-much for one big stand?

That’s crazy…

1 Like

Right now, the baggage system is set up in a point system of maximum 12 points. Small stands are 1 point, Medium are 1.5 points, and Large are 2 points.

4 Likes

Ah, ok, thank you! Good to know!

But then it should work on my airport with 12 small stands?

Yes. It is somewhere in here I think

Thanks for adding that detail… I keep forgetting to write down that formula/ratio!

Also like your username … assume you play hockey as a goalie… I officiate ice hockey. :slight_smile: