Airport CEO 1.0-0 released

Hmmm… if those are all small stands as you have described then this does not make sense as Icegoalie30 indicated a baggage bay should be able to handle 12 points worth of stands with small stands only being 1 point each.

1 Like

I may be wrong on how many points, but the points for each stand type are right.

1 Like

Thank you both!

I think, we’d better wait until @Olof is online the next days. Perhaps he can tell us the actual correct points.

My suggestion for the developers would be to show the running total of points against the maximum. I’ve suggested it previously I think but that was back before the release. Avoids the manual calculation in your head but also prevent it being misunderstood as a bug :slight_smile:

Suggestion for how it could be displayed in the baggage bay info box

Total 7.5 / 12 Maximum
4x Small (1 points)
1x Medium (1.5 points)
1x Large (2 points)

(Those may be incorrect as I am saying it from memory without sight of the game at moment) :slight_smile:

2 Likes

The maximum number of points for a baggage bay is 12.

This is a fully-loaded bay

…and this is one just built:

The maximum numbers are specified in the information panel.

I added the Total/Maximum score to the display for a better overview. I also noticed the display was missing localization data which was also fixed.

7 Likes

I think it would be really gamer friendly/helpful to see something like Overall Usage 7/12 or 5/12 Remaining

Maybe the current display is confusing newer players triggering the queries. In this example, a newer player could interpret this as you can still add 4x Small, 2x Medium and 2x Large to this bay, before you’ll hit a limit, since the 12 limit isn’t mentioned. Just a thought :slight_smile: A overall prompt would make this really obvious at a glance.

2 Likes

THe bay automatically counts down the stands that it can do. So if to start, you have 1 small stand connected, you can have 7 medium stands connected along with the 1 small stand, and 5 large stands too.

Thanks @Alexander for the change! But I agree with @craigwats that any other count displayed would be better. The normal user does not know that points are counted all at once, I only found out about it 2 days ago in the forum because I had asked about the problems, the game didn’t told me this fact.

I don’t know, what is possible whith how much effort it will take. I would prefer a box under “baggage transfer” with a text e.g. like “Used connection points” and then 8/12. Backcolor green, if <=12, red if >12. Under this box the 3 known boxes, also with the same tit, but not with 0/0, 4/6 and 1/3 (see example above), but with “0 pts”, “6 pts” and “2 pts”
Only a suggestion… :wink:

I know now the reason for my problem: 5 stands was not connected to the baggage bay. The reason for the disconnection I can only assume.

I had to rebuild the baggage belt several times because the baggage claim was not connected correctly. And with each interruption I saw, that the baggage claim area was automatically deactivated. I suppose something similar happened to the stands, I just didn’t notice. In an old savegame I could see that when the baggage service started, all stands had a connection to the baggage bay.

So the bug message ACEO-43843 is done.

2 Likes

No, unfortunately not.

Same issue, if all stands are connected: plane lands, baggage icon is highlighted, plane taxis on a stand, stands still and the icon gets grey (also the baggage information on the flight monitor that stays on “0”)

But through a baggage truck comes to the stand and the baggage is unloaded. In the stand information window is this not greyed:

And another issue with baggage :frowning:
Because of the problems with the baggage claim, I build now only one, connected to the baggage bay.

For an airport expansion with a second baggage bay, I build a split on floor -1 and a second carousel, but didn’t mark a zone round the 2nd.

The first claim is of course connected to the baggage bay, but the baggage runs on the carousel that is not marked as a claim (and - logically - is also not connected to the baggage bay), the PAX wait - correctly - on the other.

[ACEO-43881]

The baggage claim problem happened in my latest build. Two claims hooked up to the same baggage bay: luggage goes to one claim while passengers go to the other.

is this bug new? I often used multiple claim areas for one bay and I never had issues. But I haven´t played a while (not since two or three updates) :thinking:

EDIT: No, it still works fine for me.

I expect more an issue with the setup of the tilt trays which aren’t set “to destination” or something else which leads the baggage to the wrong claim.

1 Like

Perhaps. I’ve played during alpha until Alpha 32 and now again after the major release and these problems are new for me (and also some more too)

In my case I want to rule that out. Some pieces of baggage can reach the claim and this carousel is the one and only claim on my airport. The other carousel is no claim (see Screenshot from yesterday):

And the belt “system” is very simple (picture rotated by 90° - the non-claim carousel and the claim are on the top right):

I think the failure is, that the claim area is not a strict defined target for the baggage. The AI isn’t intelligent enough to recognize that the top carousel is not a claim and also a dead end.

What I learn from this is that every baggage bay has to be connected to exactly one baggage claim and vice versa. And that the belt in between is only allowed to connect these two and not have any connection to any other belt.
That means building many many kilometers of pointless belts under a large airport. Or am I wrong?

That’s wrong.
for example I connect two baggage claim through one belt connection, at the cross point I place these special belt (i don’t remember the english word).

That´s not true. As I mentioned above it is possible tow connect multiple claim areas to one bay.

Can you add a picture of the place, where you split the belt into two directions? Also with the arrows enabled, please? Please make sure you have a tilt tray to split up the belt.

Furthermore you can check the connctions of baggage belts with your path analyser.

Here I have two claim areas connected two one bay:

Here I have two claim areas connected two one bay:

The PAX and the baggage are going to the right area:

Through a very complex system with a lot of tilt trays without any issue:

So please make sure that your routing is set up correctly, and if so but the bug stays, please fill a bug report :grinning:

1 Like

Sure. It is the same place where I had the (meanwhile corrected) issue in post #368. Here is the actual situation:

Like you see, pieces of luggage run in both directions. But the way to the top is not a claim (see 3rd screenshot in post #430).

The first try of this part were the two carousels in one claim. Both connected to the same baggage bay. The problem was similar: a lot of PAX have waited at the wrong claim.

The second try was: the two carousel in an own claim area, so two claim areas, both connected with the same baggage bay. Same issue:

The third try was one big carousel in one claim area. That worked fine - no surprise :wink:

After I read here about the point system, I separate the big carousel again in the two smaller carousels like seen in the screenshots. One of them I have put in a claim area and connected it with the baggage bay (see screenshot in #430), the other is not in a claim area and is not connected with the baggage bay.

@DomiWi @LPB : are you sure, that your systems working fine? After a while of waiting the PAX leave the terminal without their luggage. And without an error message. Also they haven’t a red exclamation mark. Even the luggage simply disappears after a while without any message. If you don’t check the single pieces of luggage you can’t see, if it runs correctly.

I would be happy if you find an error in my system. I don’t find any, the system is so simple that I can’t really go wrong, I think.

That´s a “wrong” layout, indeed and does not work (as you noticed by yourself).

Yes I am sure, that it works for me. Look at this picture: no passenger or luggage uses the re marked claim area, but all goes to the green marked. And you can see the list of sheduled flights for that specific area. So there is no mixing up:

But the behaviour that you got is a very strange one :thinking:
When you click on the two areas, are there the same flights in the list?

okay now I created a simillar bug :face_with_monocle:

The people are at the right baggae bay, but the baggage passed the tilt tray the wrong way and now it is stuck somewhere else…