Airport CEO 1.0-0 released

Yeah, there I think it’s easy to get large domestic flights. :slight_smile:
Try Switzerland or Malta. :smiley:

1 Like

The game does not set any tasks for me, in the end I am having fun as much as I can. So I started the construction of the airport in order to transport 50,000,000 passengers as soon as possible, but I am building it next to the place where I grew up, in Khabarovsk. )

And I would like to build an airport, sell it. And start buying planes on the sly in order to develop their own airline, to make it one of the largest in the world. :rofl: :rofl:

Are you asking me to make a most detailed airport contest? I’m sure a few people would be challenged by that…

For me the financial part of the game is the most dull part, you cannot refinance loans and you cannot leverage your net worth into bigger loans over time. Especially if playing in Expert mode, burning out a big loan when in the red is very dull. When you have reinvestment room of about 2.000.000 in loans when all loans active, you are sitting on your hands, because you are -30.000 in the red due to an oil crisis. Which feels completely unrealistic. As logistics expert, I am amazed at the amount of time that is put in “simulating” the right door for deliveries for a plane type, while the economy; a core game element, is on the backburner.

Another feature which is behind, is staff management. The fact that the staff menus drop downs are still unsynced, is annoying me each time I boot up the game, besides the fact that it is also impossible to perform batch hires. When extending big terminals that need 60-100 ramp agents and 200 support staffers, you are clicking around forever and then you are not even training all staff; which should have an auto train feature just like contract management. Which would train all staff over time into their max skills. After you have to do another 100-200 clicks for all vehicles hires and assignments, which also cannot be ordered in big numbers.

With disasters, it still feels wrong, that emails that give you fines, are not guiding you into solving the base problem. So, if you do not understand why you get fined, the fines will come again and again, without you as a player having any idea what’s up. You just see your balance drained.

Same for the lack of an alert when your ATC is maxed, you are then pissing money in the wind with more stands, wondering why you loose money. Your operations email is not telling you, that you are hitting your max, nor you are getting an alert when the auto planner maxes out.

Then there are still black boxes; ratings. Which not display how they are improved. The biggest problem is “inventing” medium and large planes. Since the airline satisfaction will drop significantly the moment you invent those tiers, since your airline contracts will demand those planes immediately. So, the moment you invent a big leap forward, your game starts hammering losses, since your airliners will drop the rating and punish you for not having infra ready instantly, at scale. So, while building your new infra, you are hammering losses. Which is a very bad experience, since it is not explained anywhere and when you do happen to open your flight planner that is on auto-plan mode, it is not explained, why you had a big drop in airline satisfaction and a drop in the # of flights, since the service level on the lower tier stands is exactly the same as before the new tier inventions. Your operation and financial emails do also not show a trend warning for dropping airline satisfaction; so you have no management information to steer the ship. You just have to know.

1 Like

Out of 4 times I played the first 3 on hard, and I never had any problems with money. I built a profitable terminal for credit, went for a run, for 2 hours, and when I returned, there was enough money to build another terminal. :blush:

Yes, there is a lot of clickbait, but we don’t build an airport very often. People have to be found first, it takes time. And the option to hang all this in auto mode on the HR director is a bad idea, in my opinion.

Usually, when dangerous baggage slipped through, and I had everything at max training and the scanner system, as in a textbook or too lazy to cancel the flight with his hands, in order to bring in an emergency one instead, I said - yes, take these 5000/25000, I will not get poorer. :sunglasses:

I play for the first time after the release, and I have a rating of 95% (they wrote that the rating system was fixed), despite the fact that GA pulls me down with its 88-90%, although I gave them all the best, and I charge them for their services " 1 $ ", and they fly from the runway, where, in addition to them, 3 more stands are involved. I don’t know what they want. Getting an award is not easy, and here you need to be lucky, like in poker. :joy:

Yes, planning large time gaps are needed in game, what I find to be bad game design.

And the option to hang all this in auto mode on the HR director is a bad idea, in my opinion.

My proposal does not automate it for free.

My list, is not just about my experience, it is also helping others in the support threads for a few years, things people tend not to understand in the game. But also experiences I found in other games where I help people with the economy side of those games.

2 Likes

I play in the easiest mode, on a large map, in a location where the construction of an international zone is not required, without mods. The goal is 50 million paks, for the minimum in-game time. This is because there is such an achievement in Steam. Who wants to join. Let’s create a post and update it as the results appear. We will determine the most unbiased one, we will send him the save from the game for verification. In the post, you can talk about your airport with screenshots, and the first message will be the updated results.

1 Like

That to me sounds like a fair tradeoff and since I’ve seen requests of this both here and on Reddit we’ll have a look at implementing this in a future release.

10 Likes

oof, haven’t been here in ages. Anything important i missed? :flushed:

Lots of awesome new stuff and fixes.

Just copied a lightpole onto an entree ramp, haha! It also builds up :smiley:

Welcome to my airpor - lightpole
No etree allowed :rofl:

1 Like

Rolling out a new experimental version, 1.0-21, perhaps targeting the default branch next week.

Turns out that some diligent decoupling work in the runway code allowed the direction switch to be easily handled by @Fredrik this afternoon! Turns out we’re still running that complaint driven development… :slight_smile:

Release notes - Airport CEO - Version 1.0-21

Bug

ACEO-43813 Flood lights can be placed on top of world entrance

ACEO-43810 Minor type in police vehicle description

ACEO-43806 Check-in desk description text in certain instances exposed

ACEO-43800 Road node vehicle type setting for Jet A1 and Avgas fuel truck incorrectly swapped which can cause pathfinding issues in specific instances

Improvement

ACEO-43809 Runways can now change landing and take-off direction when toggled off

13 Likes

When your playing during the update and are probably the last person ever the place flood lights on the world entrance… :rofl: :innocent:

2 Likes

This issue has another problem.

Like you see, this airline/airplane wish to have baggage handling:

Some minutes later by reaching the stand, the highlighted baggage icon gets dark:

All facilities for baggage handling are ok and activated. In the depot stands 9 baggage trucks without a job.

Other flights of this airline had correct baggage handling this game-day.

I don’t have an explanation for this. One day all works fine, the next day I get these problems without changing anything.

Is there a complete and enabled baggage system? Is that stand connected to the baggage bay?

Yes, that’s all fine (at least I think so :D). Other flights get the complete handling, also other flights of the same airline at the same day.

And the next one: first I thought it was a small bug [ACEO-43807], but the error keeps coming back again and again.

I’ve got 13 medium check-in-desks for 12 small stands, all are connected to baggage bay. I’ve got 38 passenger agents (is this the correct english word? Sorry, I play in german). At the moment I took the screenshot are 7 of the 13 check-in-desks in the state “no flights planned”, but for 3 flights is no desk available?

What happens to this game during I made a break playing ACEO? All these problems I haven’t got as I played in alpha phase.

I get this when trying to change the direction of the runway when open (I know I need to close it but I am talking about the text)

Unfortunately the logic of distributing flights across check-in desks works very poorly in this game. Make sure to either build a lot higher number of check-in desks compared to stands, or build a couple of the self check-in machines. 95% of all passengers are going to use those, which is, unfortunately, another poor aspect of the game. Btw, incase @Olof is going to ask, I bug reported the latter issue at least twice recently.

3 Likes

A place to improve :slight_smile:

1 Like