What would you do ..... (Airline CEO)

This scenario / question came to me after reading the Let’s Discuss Airlines thread … Let’s Discuss: Airlines - #38 by Gleeson_19

So here’s my scenario / question for you all …

You have just become the CEO of a current airline and have the opportunity to shape the companies future. What would you do and why?

Here’s mine …

I’ve just become the CEO of Virgin Atlantic and my first decisions are as follows:
1 - Name change to Virgin Air (Quite a big one but would allow for significant growth (if not a name change then a wing of Virgin Atlantic))
2 - Look to build a presence in Europe and North Africa servicing many of the top holiday destination spots (Canary Islands / Spain / Portugal / Egypt / Turkey / italy etc)
3 - The services will offer two classes of seats with Premium Economy and Economy available on all flights)

I have just taken over Eastern Airways. I would change the name to AirUK and replace existing BAe Jetstream 41s and Embraer ERJ 145s with ATR 72s. I would also by some A320neos to start routes to Europe.

1 Like

I hope you’d bring back Little Red - I loved flying with them!

I’ve just taken over bmiRegional.

1. I’d like to relocate the airline to Glasgow, but maintain a hub at Aberdeen. This would reflect the diminishing role of the oil and gas market in operations going forwards.
  2. From our Glasgow base, start flying to key unserved European destinations - Brussels, Frankfurt, Munich and Copenhagen are all obvious choices (we would seek to interline with Star Alliance - see 4). 3) We would be keen to work with United Airlines to identify potential interlining options via Glasgow and other hubs, however we would require them to sign a “no-assault” agreement prior to embarking on this venture. Establishing codeshare options between the US and Aberdeen would be a priority, perhaps via Manchester airport. UA has been chosen to strengthen links with Star Alliance members
  3. Expand upon existing Star Alliance links, and seek to region the alliance…
  4. Aquire larger aircraft - initially E-Jets, with a view to A320s if and when expansion warrants. Aim to reduce the number of E145s/E135s if they do not
  5. Start operations into London City with the new E-Jets; initial routes would include Glasgow, Edinburgh, Aberdeen and Inverness. The Derry flights would be transferred to City from Stansted.
  6. Maintain and expand the base at Bristol.
  7. Seek to relaunch flights from our old home at East Midlands, again in conjunction with Star Alliance partners.

Uh… I have just been offered 51% share in Indigo.

What would i do:

• Hire someone most sensible and qualified person and leave the Airline in his/her hands.
  • Come back after 20 years and sell my shares.

I am rich baby.:heavy_dollar_sign::dollar::moneybag:

2 Likes

I just took over RyanAir…

1: The new name is Air Ryan.

2: The new HQ is in Ryan International Airport, the newest NYC airport

3: They have first class seats with 42" legroom, 22" width, and 7" recline

4: An evolved IFE system with 60 channels of live TV, a selection of 12 new movies, and WiFi that is faster than 69% of the US, and only costs 3-6$ per hour, depending on flight length.

Sounds great, right? :wink:

But, economy costs 350-700$

1 Like

I just took over CebuPacific.

1. Bring back the 757s, and bring in some B77Ws. Expand into the NA market and compete with PR with the MNL-LAX routes.

2. Leave the job to someone I can trust as responsible.

3. Sell stocks after 10 years if airline succeeds.

3.B if Airline flops sell stocks at first sign of danger.

1 Like

I just took over airitalia (looks at finances for last year)

Snap.

(Goes onto stock market and sell stakes)

4 Likes

I would take Ryanair and change the name to another level. I would name it SkyDreams. The airline would change major in costumer service and the airline would spare some costs to build a airport somewhere in the Netherlands where nobody gets annoyed of the sounds. Then I will go for intercontinental flights of that airport with the SkyDreams airline :sweat_smile:

What I would do if I were the CEO of Southwest Airlines:

I would add a connection service called Southwest Connection that would connect regional airports to Southwest’s focus cities.
The aircraft of the connection service would be from the Q-400, the Erj family, and the E-170 and E2-175 aircraft.

I would expand Southwest’s mainline network by expanding into multiple Canadian destinations, and Hawaiian destinations. Plus more Coloradan destinations.

Then I’ll make interline agreements with a few airlines like Southwest’s Canadian counterpart Westjet. Plus interline agreements with JetBlue.

I would also add milk to the list of refreshments.

I would also add televisions to the back of each seat with Direct Tv being the network provider. Along with adding games and music for each entertainment system. Plus a USB port with each television.

I would change nothing else of this airline.

I just took over JetBlue Airways.

1. I sell 10 embraer 190s.

2. I order 6 Airbus A330s

3. I standardize legroom at 33"

4. Even More Space is now always 38".

5. My A330s come, and I start European routes.

Just taken over easyJet:

1. Would change 20 A320neo orders for A321LRs.
  2. Would put in an order for 25 A319neos.
  3. Would use the A320neos alternately, so one replaces an older aircraft, then the next joins the fleet, and doesn’t replace anything.
  4. Would use the A321LRs to start long haul routes.
  5. The new A321neo orders would be based at airports, such as London Gatwick and Manchester.
  6. The A319neo orders would go to smaller airports, such as Aberdeen and Inverness.
  7. Sell easyJet Switzerland and easyJet Europe, and make a load of cash.
  8. Retire after 5 years as a millionaire!
1 Like