Problems with stalled passengers at self check-in

Let’s continue to keep an eye on it, if it happens with a new airport you build it might be the cause of some special mechanism you tend to construct with in ACEO.

1 Like

It just happend again :frowning:
I Started a new game, built a new airport.
I’m on the stable build. 1.0-10
I have two operational terminals.
In terminal 4 (small one) I have continuous flights and no problem with the self check-in.
In terminal 1, I built like i did before if not exactly the same. I already tried one flight and that worked with no problem. So the system and layout works. Or i believe so.

Now they are checking in the second flight and i now have stalled passengers?
The passenger numbers is the same. 69 on the first flight and 63 on the current flight.

Bug report is 43135.

I do start to believe i’m causing this? But how? :face_with_raised_eyebrow:, what am i doing? :thinking: What should i try to make it not happen?

I don’t know if it is helpful but I always have my baggage drops entirely separate from the manned check in desks - there’s slightly more infrastructure involved in conveyor belts. I can’t think of a reason why it would make a difference but maybe give it a try?

Should not be the issue? As mentioned my second terminal is having no problems. I have one or two other ideas i’ll try first.

Okey so i did try something. But it did not help. I thought it might be a design issue that the baggage layouts are the issue, but every time I load the game, the stalled passengers proceeds to check-in as normal using the self check-in.

My problem is that they stall every flight.

Here is the catch, my other terminal that has basically the same idea, works perfectly.

Let me show you. In this terminal i have all the problems. I changed two high speed belts to tilt trays in a desperate hope to fix the problem. It did not. The next flight that checked in after they where built i again had stalled passengers as shown in the picture below.

But in my second terminal I again have medium check-in desks and self check-in. In This terminal I have not had one single problem. Just when i took this pics they both had flights checking-in simultaneously.

So what’s the difference?
Well one is the layout as you can see. How the drops-offs are connected to the main belt. One the pic below they are just connected to the main line directly

While in the first picture one drop off is coming in from the side.

Another difference in that in the second picture, i have 3 medium check-in desks and two baggage drops going to one baggage bay serving one medium stand.

On the first picture i have 6 medium check-in desks and one baggage-drop going to one baggage bay serving two medium stands.

If you have any idea or thought? Pls let me know. This is really bugging me at this point.

Try using standard conveyor belts? I haven’t seen any justification for using high-speed belts on anything other than long distance runs between terminals and remote baggage bays. There isn’t enough baggage about to clog up conventional conveyors for short runs.

If you remove the baggage drops from the 2nd picture and just use the 3 medium check-in desks does that solve the problem and narrow it down to the baggage drops? I think 3 medium check-in desks for 1 medium stand should be ample provision even if they are serving packed 757s.

See comment below before reading! This was my original post:
I think I found the issue! On the first picture in Megahenrik latest post, I see that where the baggage comes out there is a title tray, possibly in the wrong direction. It is possible that that is causing the issue. You don’t need those there, so try replacing them with normal conveyors.

Just looked earlier in the topic and you have the issue, but with normal conyers so nope… Forget the above :frowning:

1 Like

Yes. The normal check-in desks has never been a problem :slight_smile:

Will try this! I’ll try anything at this point.

Well, i don’t know why. Maybe @Olof can answer this. But here is what happen. When i loaded the game the stalled passengers from last time (second pic where i have the tilt tray) They all check in with no problem. After that i change to the normal conveyor belts.

I i’ve had two flights check-in with no problem. I will keep playing and see what happens.
<3 :smiley:
At the same time i have had several flights depart in the other terminal (see pic above) With no problems at all.

1 Like

You don’t need tilt trays where two belts join - you only need a tilt tray when you want a belt to split and go in two different directions.

1 Like

Hmm, I am not sure I follow, is there a solution to this problem?

Regardless I will check the save again on Friday! :slight_smile:

Well i would not say it’s solved since i can probably reproduce it? If I want. But yes switching to normal conveyor belt made it work correctly. So there is a walk around i guess?

But my question is why this works? When i build it like this. The baggage drop is pushing bags directly onto high-speed belt.

But this does not work. Why? Does it have something to do that i’m using high speed belt connected to a baggage drop?

And this is the change I made. And now it works perfectly. Just like picture one does in my other terminal.

As people have said above, the solution is unlikely to be that you replaced the high speed conveyors with regular ones, but rather that you got rid of the tilt trays.

If you change the normal conveyors back to high speed ones without using tilt trays it should still work.

As said above, you don’t need tilt trays when 2 conveyors are merging, you only need tilt trays when you need to split 1 conveyor into 2 branches.

I disagree, forget the tilt trays. I did that just to try the behavior. I had this problem for a long time, on several airport where i build with high-speeds belts. NEVER tilt trays, i never use that except for splitting.
This was just one off try to see what happens thing.

My normal build where i had the problems is like the second picture in the post above. Where i have the high-speed belts.

So, been playing for a bit. I changed all the conveyor at check-in to normal ones. But now i just got stalled passengers again.

Now i really don’t know why this is happening. I’m soo lost.

Olof, do you want me to send a new bug report? So you get all the changed I’ve made the last few days?

I don’t know, in the reports you send me I cannot reproduce the issue in and looking through the backlog we still have no other reports on this. It’s really one of the weirdest things I’ve seen in some time… :confused:

I think we need to know if someone else can reproduce this problem or are experiencing a similar situation, at least then we’ll have something more to go on as compared to just one machine.

1 Like