Problems with stalled passengers at self check-in

I understand, unfortunately I’m not seeing any other reports on this issue and more commonly reported things thus have priority for the time being.

Also, no need to tag me in every post, I’ll be notified regardless. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Do you need a bug report for the case with normal check in desks I’ve posted above?
Flights seem to be assigned to already busy check in desks even when plenty other empty desks are available.

1 Like

I have sent a bug report bout that yesterday bout it as it seems to link to 42328

2 Likes

Please do! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hello, I’m having a similar problem to the posters above, submitted as 42693.

I have 1 Terminal but 2 buildings linked by underground walkolaters.
My small building has 8 small check in desks to serve 6 small stands.
My medium building has 10 medium check in desks, 10 bag drops & 18 self check in kiosks to serve 6 medium stands.

Flights are showing as having no desks available, even when people are seemingly able to check in at a reduced rate. This happens at both buildings leading me to believe it isn’t directly baggage related as if it were it shouldn’t be happening to small stands.

Save & reload fixes it, but the issue begins to crop up again within an in game day.

1 Like

First question. Do you also have medium check-in desks together with self check-in? I believe that is a requirement. (not 100% sure)

Second question. My problem as the original poster. Is stalled passengers.
(A passenger wants to use the self check-in baggage drop-off but, instead just waits in front of it. Thus holding up the Que and in the long run causing a delay.
Is this also your problem?

Hello Megahenrik

To answer your questions, 1, yes, I have both types of desk close together. 2, no it didn’t look to be that way but I couldn’t discount it.

Edit - I went back and looked at it and it doesn’t seem to be the case, in the example I am looking at the scenario is as follows (all relating to a small aircraft stand, so no luggage or mixed desk types in this particular case).

In game time is 12:20
Flight on stand is due to leave at 13:30. All passengers are checked in, no check-in gate shows the details of this flight, no pax are stuck in front of a gate and there are no passenger services agents loitering uselessly by a check-in desk. Boarding for the departure has not yet begun.

The following flight on that stand is due in at 14:00, leaving at 17:00. Flight Monitor is warning me that “A scheduled check-in desk for this flight is currently blocked by another flight …”
There are 3 currently empty small check-in desks available.

To be clear, this is happening for me with medium desks/stands as well, but also as above, on small stands.

And the check-in desk that happens on (i.e. is the booked one) is also a small check-in desk that has the equivalent connections as the other desks?

Hello Olof

Yes, that is correct.

We’re looking into it.

1 Like

I have sent that one last week. Would be great if you can check that too. If you need the number, I can search it later on my normal computer.

It seems that the random selection of check in desks does not check their availability. Desks which are already processing a flight should serve a 2nd flight at the same time while other desks are totally unused. Setup is without baggage handling and connections to baggage bays.

I did a little playing around with all of my small check in desks. I removed and replaced them all (along with all of the boarding gates) but the problem persisted, anecdotally it got worse. So the error doesn’t seem to be tied to a specific desk being bugged. Hope this is helpful.

We’ve made a minor adjustment to the check-in desk allocation algorithm that should balance the allocation a bit better, it’s available in the 1.0-10 release that dropped just now on the default branch.

1 Like

It’s fixed the problem for me. Thank you.

Great! :smiley:

I haven’t played yet, but will now. Hopefully this also resolved my original issue with stalled passengers.
Just did. Went in my game, turned on one drop off point that is connected with one baggage bay. That bay handles two medium stands. First flight that was booked by the baggage drop i watched the check-in. I got stalled passenger directly.

I’m gonna make a small airport on a new map. Just quick build and see if i can get this to happen on a new game as well. I don’t know what to do or try other then to not use self check-in.

We have no other reports on this behavior and I am unable to recreate this myself using the reports you’ve sent in. It’s really quite strange.

Yeah i know and that bugs the crap (sorry) out of me. Because this is an airport i worked a lot on. So i suspect it’s something with that airport/save.
I know the baggage setup is correct. And like you say. When you play my save it doesn’t happen? If i’m correct?
So i’m really out of options of what it could be.

But i’ll do a quick build in sandbox. See what happens.
I will also change from Experimental to Sable build now.
I can mention that the airport i’m having problems on. Was started in the last beta sprint on experimental, and has always been played in experimental. Who knows, that could also be the case.

Should i make a new ticket for this? Since it says solved at the top? Or what the best option?

Did a speed build, no problems there. So it’s a one time bug with my airport then ^^. Thanks for all the help. Should it happen again i’ll reach out. But for now i’m gonna start over from scratch i guess. On stable build.