Pathfinding seems to be broken

My Pathfinding seems to be broken…
I have build check in area underground.
Are is this not possible…

Staff located into staff room underground doesn’t open check in neither…

Pretty rubbish situation…

Can you post a pic with zones enabled

1 Like

yes

Seems staff is frozen… again…

Nice help guys really !!!
Worked some hours on the airport and all for nothing. Seems passengers can’t find a way to the check in although everything connected…
This crap is the reason why I didn’t play this for a while, history repeating it seems…

See how experimental works for you?

I’m still in alpha 32…

33 is ready on EXP branch. It’s going live on the default today or Thursday so nothing to loose.

How do your passengers get down to that level?

With escalators, but some of them manage… think I maybe found it… :blush:
Seems escalators from -1 till 0 and 0 till 1 are mismatching…

1 Like

Hope that gets it sorted it’s a really interesting design.

there’s something strange with pathfinding… passengers get stuck at check in for a while.
Then directly after security check…

Vehicle pathfinding is horrible. It has always been horrible. For the foreseeable future, it will continue to be horrible until Fredrik and Olof deem it worthy of their time to fix it. As of now, I don’t anticipate that happening.

Yes, I know this is alpha and I’m using the experimental branch. But I truly wish Olof and Fredrik would take time away from making shiny new toys and devote a solid two to four weeks correcting this frustrating “feature” that has plagued the game from day one.

1 Like

Alpha 33 has several exception fixes for the path-finding system and as of the upcoming Alpha 33.4-0 also several behavioral improvements. I would recommend that you either already switch up to the experimental branch or that you try it out tomorrow on the default and based on your expereince we can continue this discussion and see what’s happening. Alpha 32 is extremely far behind Alpha 33 (hence the imminent default deployment) so it doesn’t serve much purpose at this point to look into Alpha 32 pathfinding bugs. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hi Olof

I partially agree…:slight_smile:
The strange thing is the fact all went ok for quite a while with this airport. It seems i’m facing now stalls of staff… which creates a mess as passengers get stuck at the airport. At some point I reached 12000 people stuck…
Anyway, I see the point when your stating bug fixing for Alpha 32 isn’t worth it as 33 is there…
But on the other hand it remains a bit harsh to put all the work in the garbage bin… and start again…
Trust loading this airport, build in 32, in alpha 33 will create also a lot of shit… correct ?

No, not really. There will be some changes between Alpha 32 and Alpha 33 in terms of save integrity. We’ve increased the size of service car parking lots so they won’t de-serialize meaning all vehicles will find new places to park or roam about the airport, the other is floor indexes that are jumbled meaning it can leave your airport looking a bit funky (both of these will be highlighted in the Steam message).

My recommendation to you is that you empty your airport of all traffic, cancel all flights and send all passengers home so that you have a shut down airport. Update the game and then make the post-update adjustments. Once you have a clean airport loaded with Alpha 33 you should be able to enjoy the new update with all of its fixes and content on your old airport. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Now on alpha 33 but still shit with pathfinding… still very strange behavior from passenger…
Getting really frustrated…

any chance I can upload savegame for checking ?

Please do. I’d take a look for you at any rate. Can you share it anywhere?