[New Check-in Modular Design! T-INT-A New design] San Francisco International Airport (SFO) -48(Med) Gates - T-Int-A & T-1-B/C

Alright, my dummy airport that has been earning me lots of money got me all ready to start on SFO Terminal 1 tonight. I did make some design changes while I was earning money and unlocking everything. All boundaries are open and all upgrades are completed with just about $2 million in the back and Terminal 1 constructed with gates/boarding desks and stands.

Here are my design changes that had better flow of the terminal buildings. I now have 80 gates instead of 64 and I moved Terminal A and G (International around).

And here is Terminal 1 Constructed with Gates/Stands and Boarding Desk/seating…

PS… Here is was my money making airport that allowed me to unlock everything and put back $2 million in the bank. it was making around $15.5k hourly. It will soon go to make room for runway 1R/19L and the other 2 runways and taxiways.

I’m on the latest stable version. (31.8-1)

1 Like

Time for a Progress update…

I have done a lot of work in the past couple of days. I decided to start over as I had an issues with security zoning and built too fast the first time around.

I have Terminal 1 up and running all except for 3 gates (B21-23), but my temporary set up for making money in the beginning is still in the way. I will soon be getting rid of it and moving the check in desk and security TSA checkpoints down to level (-1) and adding gates B21-23 to Terminal 1. The rest of the Gates for terminal 1 are up and running and doing it smoothly. Everyone is making their flights and the money is flowing in!! All upgrades are competed, so I can start adding baggage at anytime.

Taxiway’s, runways, Terminal foundations and boarding desks/seating are all completed except for the International Terminals A/G.

Newest and latest addition is the Staff Transfer walk ways on level 1 above the small gates (Terminal 1-3) and on level 2 between Terminal 1/International Terminal A, between Terminal 3/International Terminal G & between both International Terminals. Each Terminal 1,2 & 3 have 2 entry and exit TSA checkpoints and exits. Each International Terminal has 1 TSA entry and exit. (see pictures below)

I made a few changes to my airport Master Plan and here is the latest plan:

Updated Master Plan #3

Here are some more update Photos:

Overview of current airport (Level 0):

Dusk (Evening) Overview:

International Terminals ready for Boarding Desks and Seating (Terminal A - top left and Terminal to the right of A):

Terminal 1 (w/ money making set up):

Terminal 1 - Gates B24-C38 (close up):

Level -1 Terminal Outline & Service Roads (ready for baggage bays, claims, check in and TSA check points):

Staff Terminal Transfer Walkways/Skybridges (STTW) (Level 1 & 2) & entry/exits on ground Level 0 (Domestic/Small Gates/Terminals) and Level 1 (International Terminals):

STTW Overview (Level 1) - above the Domestic Gates Terminal 1-3:

Staff Entry and Exits in the Terminals (Terminal 1 Level 0):

STTW/Staff Skybridges Overview (Level 2) - Above International Terminals and between Terminal 1/Intern. A & Terminal 3/Intern. G:

And last but not the least is my favorite. I just added this right before I decided to post.

SFO Logo -

I hope you enjoyed the progress update. Time to go work on finalizing Terminal 1!!!

Cheers!

Two

2 Likes

Ps. Here is my Flight Monitor for the 25 gates that are up and running as well as the the Flight Planner and Budget Overview…

Tower constructed and a garden put in with lighting

SFO Tower

SFO Tower

5 Likes

So I’ve taken a break from my SFO airport and found out how to Mod Airlines & Aircraft!!! So ive been spending my time working on that. I do have some updates of my SFO airport to show later. I do have terminal 2/3 up and running (no bathrooms/food/stores - but full ticketing/security/boarding/baggage!!) with Terminal 1 closed and under construction. More to come on that later.

My update now is my Airline Company Mods. I have decided to start with all the US/Canada/Mexico Major Airlines. I have them all established. Right now the aircraft are all generic white awaiting me to create them for each airline.

I’ll be adding regional companies (i.e. SkyWest, Aeromexico Connect, Envoy, etc…) in the future and then eventually adding more International Companies. But first I need to make some aircraft so that I can start making pretty much any domestic US based airport. :smiley:

Guidelines for each airline are as follows:

File organization example:

Airlines Folder >

> [Your Airline folder(s)] >

> Aircraft folder(s) & [.png] logo & [_Inv.png] logo & Mod.json file >

> Aircraft livery [_Mod.png] file & liveryData.json file

[Delta.png] file example (Delta):
Delta_Inv

[Delta_Inv.png] file example (Delta):
Delta_Inv

[Mod.json] file example (edited for Delta Air Lines):

{  
   "name":"Delta Air Lines",
   "description":"Delta Air Lines, Inc., referred to as Delta, is one of the major airlines of the United States and a legacy carrier. It is headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia. The airline, along with its subsidiaries and regional affiliates, including Delta Connection, operates over 5,400 flights daily and serves 325 destinations in 52 countries on 6 continents. Delta has nine hubs, with Atlanta being its largest and it is ranked second among the World's largest airlines by number of scheduled passengers carried, revenue passenger-kilometers flown, and fleet size. It is ranked 69th on the Fortune 500.",
   "logoPath":"Delta.png",
   "invLogoPath":"Delta_Inv.png",
   "businessType":4,
   "CEOName":"Ed Bastian, CEO",
   "flightPrefix":"DAL",
   "fleet":[  
      "A319",
      "A320",
      "A321",
      "B737600",
      "B737800",
      "B757200",
      "E190"
   ],
   "isCustom":true,
   "backgroundColor":{  
      "r":255,
      "g":255,
      "b":255,
      "a":255
   },
   "textColor":{  
      "r":0,
      "g":50,
      "b":104,
      "a":255
   }
}

[A319_Mod.png] file example (blank livery):

[liveryData.json] file example (this file does not get edited):

{  
   "aircraftType":"A319",
   "liveryFileName":"A319_Mod.png",
   "pixelSize":150,
   "liveryComponent":[  
      {  
         "name":"Fuselage",
         "layerOrder":2,
         "slicePosition":{  
            "x":0,
            "y":3
         },
         "sliceSize":{  
            "x":3956,
            "y":437
         },
         "position":{  
            "x":-2.29,
            "y":0,
            "z":0
         },
         "rotation":0
      },
      {  
         "name":"Engine1",
         "layerOrder":0,
            "x":2,
            "y":460
         },
            "x":487,
            "y":220
         },
            "x":1.63,
            "y":-4.346,
         },
         "flip":{  
            "y":0
         },
      },
		{  
         "name":"Engine2",
         "layerOrder":0,
            "x":502,
            "y":462
         },
            "x":486,
            "y":220
         },
            "x":1.63,
            "y":4.346,
         },
         "flip":{
            "y":0
         },
      }
   ]
}

AIRLINES/AIRCRAFT (US/Canada/Mexico):

I went to: Airfleet.net to find out which aircraft each company used. I did use the B737600 along with the B737800 for a company that had multiple B737s in their fleet. I also substituted the E175 for the E170 etc.

Airline Aircraft
Aeromexico `B737600
Air Canada `A319
Alaska Airlines `A319
Allegiant Air `A319
American Airlines `A319
Delta Air Lines `A319
Frontier Airlines `A319
Hawaiian Airlines `A320
Interjet Airlines `A320
JetBlue Airways `A320
Southwest Airlines `B737600
Spirit Airlines `A319
Sun Country Airlines `B737600
Sunwing Airlines B737800
United Airlines `A319
VivaAerobús `A320
Volaris Airline `A319
WestJet Airlines `B737600

LOGOS:

• Full color logos with transparent backgrounds for both .png & _Inv.png files.

• Size: 512 pix x 256 pix

Examples:

Volaris Volaris.png

Hawaiian Hawaiian.png

Allegiant Allegiant.png

BACKGROUNDS/TEXT:

I did two color options. Shown (above/below) in the pictures and the one I liked the best is a white or transparent background with the full color logos/text. I think it pops and makes the scheduler look really nice. I also did a second option which I can load in at any time that has a color background for the fight strips and white logos/text. The only problem with that option was that the thinner text logos looked more pixelated. I do need to edit the colors on that one as well. For example the background color for Hawaiian was showing as red instead of a purple. So that and another few things need to be fixed for the 2nd option.

• Background: 225 for each R/G/B & A

• Text: I chose a color from the logo (most of the time the darker color) with A as 225. I got most of the colors from this website (SCHEMECOLOR) with a few exception of getting the colors by using Gimp photo editor.

Text Color Table:

Airline Text Color R G B A LOGO
Aeromexico Blue 14 51 95 255 blue/red
Air Canada Black 0 0 0 255 red/black
Alaska Airlines Blue 0 56 95 255 Blue/Transparent-white bkg
Allegiant Air Blue 2 86 155 255 Blue-yellow/white-trans
American Airlines Blue 57 73 88 255 red-white-blue
Delta Air Lines Blue 0 50 104 255 blue/red
Frontier Airlines Grey 36 129 104 255 Green/Grey
Hawaiian Airlines Purple 157 23 141 255 Purples
Interjet Airlines Dark Blue 18 27 125 255 light/dark blue
JetBlue Airways Blue 0 56 118 255 blue
Southwest Airlines Blue 46 74 176 255 Blue/Red/Yellow
Spirit Airlines Black 25 25 25 255 Black
Sun Country Airlines Blue 0 72 133 255 Blue/Orange
Sunwing Airlines Orange 227 119 57 225 Orange
United Airlines Blue 0 93 170 255 Blue
VivaAerobús Green 87 161 82 255 Green/Red
Volaris Airline Purple 150 53 130 255 Black/Purple/Green/Blue
WestJet Airlines Dark Blue 55 65 106 255 Blue/Torquise

DESCRIPTION & CEO:

• I got this info all from Wiki. For the description I usually just copy and pasted the first paragraph of the wiki airline page. make sure there are no bracket [ ], " " or ( ) as they will mess with he .json file when the game reads it.

CEO Table:

Airline CEO
Aeromexico Andres Conesa Labastida
Air Canada Calin Rovinescu
Alaska Airlines Brad Tolden
Allegiant Air Maurice J. Gallagher Jr.
American Airlines Doug Parker
Delta Air Lines Ed Bastian
Frontier Airlines Bill Franke
Hawaiian Airlines Peter R. Ingram
Interjet Airlines Miguel Aleman Magnani
JetBlue Airways Robin Hayes
Southwest Airlines Gary C. Kelly
Spirit Airlines Ted Christie
Sun Country Airlines Jude Bricker
Sunwing Airlines Mark Williams
United Airlines Oscar Munoz
VivaAerobús Juan Carlos Zuazua
Volaris Airline Enrique Beltranena
WestJet Airlines Ed Sims

FLIGHT PREFIX (Airline designators):

• I decided to go with IACO (3 letter designator) instead of IATA (2 letter designator). I like it better and it more resembles the actual airline name. This does work in the Game/Flight Planner/Flight Schedule BTW.

Flight Strips:

Flight Schedule:

Table for IACO & IATA designators and Callsigns:

Airline IATA IACO Callsign
Aeromexico AM AMX AEROMEXICO
Air Canada AC ACA AIR CANADA
Alaska Airlines AS ASA ALASKA
Allegiant Air G4 AAY ALLEGIANT
American Airlines AA AAL AMERICAN
Delta Air Lines DL DAL DELTA
Frontier Airlines F9 FFT FRONTIER FLIGHT
Hawaiian Airlines HA HAL HAWAIIAN
Interjet Airlines 4O AIJ INTERJET
JetBlue Airways B6 JBU JETBLUE
Southwest Airlines WN SWA SOUTHWEST
Spirit Airlines NK NKS SPIRIT WINGS
Sun Country Airlines SY SCX SUN COUNTRY
Sunwing Airlines WG SWG SUNWING
United Airlines UA UAL UNITED
VivaAerobús VB VIV AEROENLACES
Volaris Airline Y4 VOI VOLARIS
WestJet Airlines WS WJA WESTJET

FINAL PRODUCT

Contracts:

Airline Flight Schedule Tabs:

Flight Planner:

Hope you like what I have created!! Time to go design some aircraft!!!

Can’t wait to make each aircraft!!!

5 Likes

Excellent write up. The only thing I would say is not to use TextEdit for editing JSON files as it caused me no end of issue as it would change them from quote marks to inch symbols.

4 Likes

Thats good to know and will keep in mind, but I have not had that issues thus far. Thanks for the heads up!

So now that I have my airline companies established, I decided to work on my other companies today:

1. Contractors
  2. AviationFuelSuppliers
  3. Banks
  4. Franchises (Food & Shops), and Food Franchises as follows:
    4.1 Bakeries, Bars, Cafes, & Restaurants.

Here is how I organized my Native mod files for my franchises (you can also see the location of my other company mods as well:

Here are the final products (franchise final products in the link above):

AviationFuelSuppliers:

Contractors:

Banks:

Im so excited to have everything so personalized!!! Now its time to redesign SFO once I finish adding all the all the shops and food franchises.

Here is the company that is actually constructing the new Terminal 1 redesign that I will be using when I restart my build of SFO. I will also probably be using Chevron as the AviationFuelSupplier as they have a refinery not to far from the airport and I use to work for Chevron but I might try to look up who does supply SFOs Jet fuel…

I have decided to completely redesign it and start over. I am no longer going to use small stands and instead going to use medium stands for all my gates. This will mean that I will run out of space fast as they take up way more room. And if that is the case I an mo longer going to be able to do the whole airport layout. I am going to have to divide the airport into section by terminal. Terminal 1 alone (with the new design completing in 2023/4) has 35 gates, Terminal 2 has 14, and Terminal 3 has about 39. Im going to stay away from the international terminal for now as we don’t have larger aircraft in the game yet. So that is not going to be possible to do in one APCEO boundary.

So those images above are from my Google Sheets I made to calculate things for my Airports and to put all the information into one place to refer to. Here are more sections I have in the sheet.

The key:

Needed Vehicles:

Terminal and Runway Data

Staffing Section:

Airline by Terminal:

Shops and Food Franchises by Terminal:

Alright. Time to go design! Until next time! Cheers…

1 Like

I did decide to get a JSON Editer! I love it so much better! haha, Thanks for the suggestion again! @rubble

1 Like

Just about got all my Business made for SFO. Been also doing some Security Checkpoint design options and came up with this one. I like it because it consolidates the checkpoints into a more compact area instead of a long line of checkpoints. Let me know what you think or if you have any other ideas for consolidating security checkpoints…

I also have done some major redesign of the SFO airport lay out using only medium stands. I came up with this so far for one section of the airport using runways 1L/19R & 1R/19L and Terminal 1A/B & International Terminal A. The runway taxiway crossings haven’t been redesigned yet so ignore those. Total gate count Is 48

Here is an updated Security Checkpoint Design that is even more compact, same number of queue spots for each station and some greenery to keep the passengers relaxed and happy. There is even a staff lane on the far right where I can add a staff security checkpoint and exit above or below the Passenger stations.

Here is what the zoning and queue lines would look like:

7 Likes

Nice, I like your security area, good design

1 Like

Today I worked on my modular Check-in Desk designs. Here is one set of designs I came up with that can be used at any airport. They can be joined as needed depending on how many stands/gates there are in the terminal. There are options for 2 desks together (Left/Center/Right), as well as 1 desk (Left/Right) that can be joined to the center ones. There are also options for stand alone 2 desks and 1 desk (bottom row of the picture). I will show you how they look when they are joined once I get them uploaded to Adobe Xd. By the way, Adobe Xd is a great app/program that you can use to help you design your airport before you actually build it. The way I do it is I took pictures of each item in APCEO and cropped it to its size and when I load them into Adobe Xd they slide together really nice.

What is also great about the program is that there are layers just like GIMP or PS photo editing software. They images of each Item I load into the app also snap to each other nicely as well! I will show you what I have created soon for SFO when I get some more design in.

Here is a sneak preview of the modular Check-in desks I designed today. I will be screen capturing them and cropping them now and saving them for Adobe Xd for future airport designs.

Check-in Modular Designs 1 Options

Now that I have them screen captured and named, here they are up closer. The first picture shows how I named each one. I will show you each one individually with the Queue & Conveyer Belt Directional arrows Overlay.

Center Options:
  • Check-in (Overlay) - Center2-ConvLeft
  • Check-in (Overlay) - Center2-ConvLeftDown
  • Check-in (Overlay) - Center2-ConvRight
  • Check-in (Overlay) - Center2-ConvRigthDown

Left Options
  • Check-in (Overlay) - Left1-ConvRight (narrow)
  • Check-in (Overlay) - Left1-ConvRight (wide)
  • Check-in (Overlay) - Left2-ConvRight
  • Check-in (Overlay) - Left2-ConvRightDown

Right Options
  • Check-in (Overlay) - Right1-ConvLeft (narrow)
  • Check-in (Overlay) - Right1-ConvLeft (wide)
  • Check-in (Overlay) - Right2-ConvLeft
  • Check-in (Overlay) - Right2-ConvleftDown

Stand Alone Options
  • Check-in (Overlay) - StandAloneCenter2-ConvLeftDown
  • Check-in (Overlay) - StandAloneCenter2-ConvRightDown
  • Check-in (Overlay) - StandAloneLeft1-ConvSplitDown
  • Check-in (Overlay) - StandAloneRight1-ConvSplitDown

I will show what the modular (non-stand alone ones) will look like when joined soon…

Stay tuned…

Update:

So here are the Final results when I load the Modular Check-in sections into Adobe Xd. Here is what I have for my SFO design so far (Terminal - International A)

And here is my Modular Check-in Design puzzled together. I used:

Check-in (Overlay) - Left1-ConvRight (wide) – (x1 for the left side)
Check-in (Overlay) - Center2-ConvRight – (x4 for the centers)
Check-in (Overlay) - Center2-ConvRigthDown – (x1 for a center but the Conveyer going down)
and
Check-in (Overlay) - Right2-ConvLeft (x1 for the right side)

Hope you like the design!

Let me know if you have any questions. Cheers!

1 Like

International B/A-A - Floor Level 1 - Departures - Rough Draft Designed

I have done some major work on my design for the International Terminal Boarding Area A.
Arrivals will go down to Floor Level 0 (Design to come)

ITEM # Notes Color
Gates/Stands 13 -
Check in Desks 26 2x per gat -
Boarding Desks 26 medium, 2x per gate -
Passenger Security Checkpoints 14 medium -
Staff Security Checkpoints 2 small (not shown) -
Bathrooms 8 4x Men, 4x Women Light Blue
Food (Restaurants/Cafés) 9 Dark Blue
Stores 11 Purple
Lounges 1 Green
Staff Offices 5 Orange
Security Exits 2 -