[Mod] AirportCEOTweaks 2.3.6: Misc Patch

“International” refers to any flight the game will require passport check/international zone for. The criteria for this are unchanged from vanilla; playing with the vanilla “schengen visa rules” enabled is recommended, though this doesnt change much in the case of Ireland.

(Subject to change) The way the logic around airlines offering international flights is this, later points “overwrite” earlier ones:

1. assume it does offer international flights.
  2. if the name contains something from the “force domestic” list, make domestic only.
  3. if the business rank (stars) is below the minimum required to fly internationally (in settings, by default only affects 1-star) AND the business is from the player airport’s country, make domestic only.
  4. if the business name contains anything from the “force international” list, undo anything else and offer international flights anyways. Used to fix anything the other rules broke.

If no country is defined, no nationality rules are enforced. This is in practice is like an airline from the player airport county with international flights allowed. This is quite suitable for fictional airlines.

International flights allowed does not remove the chance for some fights to be domestic.

Different arrival vs departure routes will be optional on it’s return. It also won’t return at all until I can represent it decently well in the flight card before you schedule it.

Many thanks! So one way to make real airlines (e.g. ryanair/wizzair etc.) fly anywhere is to edit its json file and remove the country code from it.

1 Like

Yes. In the future I’ll also support multiple country codes per airline, which would support this a bit more elegantly.

I am on Tweaks 2.2.0 Beta 3.
For me the new route generation algorithm seems not to work.

I have installed several mod airlines, e.g. Vueling (country code “ES”), KLM (“NL”), or Air Baltic (“LV”).
My airport is located in Germany. According to the new algorithm eg. Vueling shall only offer flights to Spain, correct?

Unfortunaltey, the offered flights are all over the place.
Do I have to activate the feature somehow?

Do you play with realistic international mode? And with Schengen rules or without?

Do you use an old save game (run your contracts longer then the Tweak is installed or updated)?
If yes you need to cancel and resign this contract or test it with a new contract.

Thanks for your replies.

I play with realistic international stands and schengen rules.
It’s a save that was started under vanilla conditions.
However, I already cancelled the “old” contracts and signed new ones after I updated to 2.2.0 beta. The issue remains.

In addition, I noticed that a lot more domestic (intra-Germany) flights as well as international ones (those that need passport control) are spawned compared to vanilla.

I am just running a test on an airport in Spain and it works well so far. (currently without Schengen option)
Do you use your mods from modpacks or are these single mods? Like the Airbaltic I’ve made?

I use single mods and create my own package out of these because of adjusted logos, text colors, fleet adjustments, etc.

The Air Baltic e.g. is yours (thanks for all the great paints!!)

1 Like

Do the airlines outside Shengen fly to correct destinations?

I have to redesign my airport to make it Shengen compatible. But without that setting, every airline was offering flights to the correct country.

@Pax2017 I’m not sure whats causing your issue; but I’ll give a couple troubleshooting steps:

1. open the shift F10 settings, make sure that airline nationality system is on
  2. if that doesn’t work, go to your ACEO root folder and find Airport CEO\uModFramework\Mods\Configs. Delete them all. In development situations I’ve had to do that once or or twice.
  3. if neither of those work, turn on livery author logs in the settings and send me a copy of the log (AppData\LocalLow\Apoapsis Studios\Airport CEO\ACEO_issue_log.txt)

A tip while troubleshooting; its helpful after changing a setting to go to the F10 menu and cancel all flights, so that you know you’re only looking at flights generated after the setting change.

Air France Mod by AndyCishere seems to cause a bug with 2.2. The contract shows a question mark instead of the company’s logo and upon loading the save my whole flight planer is wiped clean starting my game with the bug-tracker. Switching the mod off solved the problem. Also, problem with unreadable contracts persists (text doubled or description pushed down to unreadable sections)

Is this the only mod you use with planes supporting the Tweaks?

I am only using airlines and franchises mods and nothing else changing the way the game works.
I have a small list of airline mods I use and I use the realistic franchises mod for shops and restaurants. Another odd thing is the way contracts look like currently.

Some airlines have the text doubled or the blank space that big that one cannot read the fleet they have. I might need to have a better screenshot to explain. Others, like Fly Balaton, the shown Itzehoe do not offer flights. Everything is a bit wonky currently.

See? Big blank spaces ruining the formatting of the contracts. Fuel, shops and restaurant contracts are untouched and work fine.

Out of curiosity; do you own aceo through steam?

One of the very first things tweaks will do (as of beta 3) once loaded is alter the watermark at the top of the screen like this:

Seeing as that hasn’t happened, you’re either on something before beta 3 or something went wrong early in the loading process. Can you send me a log file?

AppData\LocalLow\Apoapsis Studios\Airport CEO\ACEO_issue_log.txt

Yes, steam owner.

How to upload a .txt file? this forum only lets me do pictures (not authorized).

Re-installed the beta 3 - now it shows correctly in the watermarks you mentioned. Before it just said “2.2”. Problems with the contracts still happen. As you can see both for modded and vanilla airlines (here: vanilla Jumper and modded Meer Express)

If you can’t upload it to something like Google drive, you can probably just copy and paste the text into a direct message to me.

I’m having the same issue with the Beta 3 as DocDesastro. I get the error message on loading, all flights cancelled in the planner, most of the Airline contracts disappeared, and the franchises seem to be borked and need resigning.

The issue log is here:

Great work on this mod otherwise, the concept is great for realism for the game.

1 Like

One time I would get this in testing was when I uninstalled an airline mod. If you play on after the flight are cleared and save again, does that save load okay?

I can confirm that unsubscribing an airline mod while being active in the game will cause such a contract wipe on your save. Does the contract still show up in the contract menu, but showing a question mark for a logo? Game will work again after this.