[Mod] AirportCEOTweaks 2.3.6: Misc Patch

I second this. It has happened on occasions since a few updates back for me. Usually it happens after playing a while. Let us know if we should/can send log files as described above.

The more logs the better; I’m hoping to get a solid few hours to look into this this evening.

1 Like

Want to ask about lounges. Is it possible to allow several airlines? Because now with all this incredible modding and coding we have a lot of new airplanes, and are seeing very many airline “duplicates”, the main being (active/retired/city fleet. And it would make it easier if all those could be in the same lounge.

1 Like

This is something I’d personally love to see on both stands and lounges. For stands, I think it would be pretty easy to add, as Zekew has pretty full control over flight generation, so adding a small extension to that system shouldn’t be too difficult. I hope… I really hope… :stuck_out_tongue: Lounges, on the other hand, might be more challenging. That is very close to the pathfinding and passenger AI, so we (at least I) would have to be very careful around it. I personally haven’t at all looked into the passenger systems, so I don’t want to affect it. It is possible as always, but may require a considerable amount of effort.

The way that I intend to eventually do this is to make airlines (businesses actually) recursive. What the means is that each airline can contain a set of airlines, with up-hierarchy airlines containing and representing everything down hierarchy. At the extreme this would allow things like alliances to be implemented neatly, but would also handle the sorts of splits you talk about. This is however a pretty major feature and doesn’t yet have a firm place in the priorities.

I didn’t get much time over the weekend to code. I’ll keep you all updated…

1 Like

That sounds like a big mission. I was more thinking a " easier" walkaround by just letting us assign more than one airline to a lounge room?

Does it crash too when aircraft pack is disabled?

The issue is that the entire system is designed around only having 1 option. In the case of the lounge, there can only ever be one business assigned to it, or an all-switch enabled. So to change that we would have to either
a) Completly strip out the current system and change every use of those variables - a ridiculously time-consuming process
b) Devise a “piggyback” system that makes the change in the necessary places. The change work is much smaller in this case, but making the piggyback system is challenging. It requires new classes to “tag” custom lounges with, and then using whether it’s on the gameobject of a room or not to determine whether to check that class for a new variable, which could be a list of businesses to allow. But making that system also takes a ton of time. (This is what ACEO Custom Buildables does btw)

Also, Zekews way of doing things might be different the above only comes from my experiences.

1 Like

I can’t load up the game. The text on screen for the update lasted longer than 1 second, and once I quit the game to relaunch it, It now crashes before it even gets a chance to load up. Any clue how to fix?

You can try re-installing UMF and then Tweaks, that has solved some of my issues in the past.

Getting a log file at “[The drive with your game]\Users[YOUR USER]\AppData\LocalLow\Apoapsis Studios\Airport CEO” (its player.log) and providing it to Zekew can help get the issue fixed as well.

got the help I need for now on Discord. Thanks!

1 Like

Thanks for explaining. I understood some of it. I am mostly amazed how one small option in the entire game can become so complicated :joy: haha.

Hello, when I restart the game after downloading the latest version, there is a crash, is there any way to solve it?

I experience the same.

Aircraft pack enabled?
That may lead on loading to a crash due to low vram memory…
We are working on reduce the size of the aircraft pack…

Yes, the aircraft pack is enabled, so should these aircraft be deactivated?

There’s currently a known issue where systems without much memory cannot load the aircraft pack. It’s unfortunate and @dawed and I are working on a couple different fixes/solutions/improvements… Until those are implemented you likely will not be able to run with the new aircraft.

Unsubscribe from mods you don’t need can work too, all depends on the graphic card and it’s nearly same like the vram issue when mods don’t get loaded

I did some test with a user, he had a celeron cpu, 4gb memory and this shared with the gpu…

Yet some reduce of the size of the pack by 50% (from 60MB to 30MB) didn’t get better result in the case above… We will try to reduce it more or we need to change to single aircraft (family) packs and dependencies on steam. But the result on this when you have a airline mod with many tweak-aircrafts it will be the same…

And the thing is, current idea to reduce pack size will be leading to the fact that you may not spawn a aircraft cause of missing fuselage and other parts that are provided anyway by the livery

Would it be possible to add an option to disable the volcano eruption event? Or change its logic so that flights affected by the event are automatically cancelled/delayed (but not deleted) instead of being rescheduled?

Because with the tweaks mod this event wreaks havoc in my flight planner with various flights being put on top of each other and it is next to impossible to put them in all in order again. I usually just delete them all and start planning from scratch which is very frustrating…

As always many thanks to zekew and all the modders for this great mod - you can’t imagine how much fun it gives us. <3

3 Likes

Hey
I am new and just installed the mod.
I am trying to understand if I can use the in game auto planner or not. when it is on it doesn’t seems to be working and no new flights are added.
help?