Infrastructure proposed for taxis, buses and coach

I have seen the idea of ​​implementing a taxi service in many places, I have a proposal in this regard. Something like this:
Taxi%20fins%20l'aeroport
Taxis would be in the queue. In the image we see capacity for 8 taxis (6 tiles each) and occupy 8 x 48 tiles. Although the capacity would be selectable (4, 8, 12, 16 taxis …)
The same could be applied to urban buses, the only one here they would only fit 4buses, the capacity would also be selectible (2, 4, 6, 8 buses …)

There is an idea that I liked: Transport destinations (land side) it consists in assign each destination to a bus stop so everyone would go to the next bus.
In the case of intercity buses, a bus station like this could be done (4 tiles: pedestrian crossing + 12 tiles for the coach) and assign each terminal to a destination. The number of terminals would be selectable:

In the two pictures I have set roof of platforms and benches for the passengers.
Note: this is the first topic I’m doing if there is something wrong or some information had already been mentioned, tell me that.

10 Likes

I like this. Some kind of bus station infrastructure would be good. I like the marked bays you have. I also like the way the busses could drive through rather than having to turn like they do at the moment.

4 Likes

In order to this to be hapened, vehicle path finding, one way roads and new vehicles and code structure of them should be created. I guess we won’t see it until 3-BIG-FEATURES (remote stands, multi floors, catering) are completely developed.

But I gotta say I would love to see them.

3 Likes

Great idea. I would rather see the busses angle parked rather than parallel but otherwise this is all great.

2 Likes

@EG0611 I agree, one way roads! Especially if the road entry is opposite of how road entry structure would work with most airports (where you drive on the right, like the game).

3 Likes

Good idea!

2 Likes

Thank you all.

Now I was remembering in this proposal that it is already about 2 and a half years ago, and I still see it quite viable. It would be nice if buses and taxis or cars could form a single row or group the buses at a station. What do you think?

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.