Dev Blog 150: Stabilizing Alpha 35, Alpha 36 and beyond!

Omg yes, I so need that

1 Like

Okay. I understand.

Untitled

This is simplified setup of the baggage check-in system at my airport. I have manually assigned check-in desks to baggage bays as shown. My doubt is if only S1 and S2 are occupied by aircraft and the other stands are vacant, then passengers can only check-in using desk C1 because of the manual assignment. Passengers won’t be able to check-in using desks C2 or C3 even if they’re free as they are not connected to the bays that serve S1 and S2. And because of this I get notifications that say there are not enough check-ins. Now you might ask me to build more check-ins, but isn’t it better to get passengers to use the unused check-ins rather than build new ones?

So, to summarize, is it possible to remove the manual assignment so that passengers can use any free check-in desk?

1 Like

For your setup that might work, operationally. For other setups, maybe that’s impossible or unwanted. There are so many parts in motion (passengers, flights, service cars, job tasks) in these systems that the way we do it today, probably is the best in the end. Also, this way you can have complete design control of any baggage network.

3 Likes

For that, we need that A350 mdk… Please :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Amazing game as well as Dev blog! Really enjoying the game so far! :smiley:

3 Likes

Stands will implement this. It’s just a matter of choosing what’s possible to multiedit for each object. All desks, rooms, stands and maybe even runways (open/close) and vehicles (multiassign parking object), will have this. Very early concept still and will be improved during A36 dev. :slight_smile:

I know :smiley:

7 Likes

Does anyone want spoilers for Alpha 36?

Well, DON’T CLICK IF YOU DON’T WANT SPOIlERS! :wink:

Spoilers, Alpha 36

I’m so hyped! :star_struck: :star_struck: :star_struck: :heart_eyes:

9 Likes

Are they planning on adding mini buses? I thought they said that I saw that in the game at one poing in procurement but please correct me if I am wrong.

1 Like

yeah, I wasn’t too excited about A36, now I am!!! :heart_eyes: Thanks for sharing!!!

4 Likes

I just think Alpha 36 will give the game a renewed interest for me, and it gives the game an actual dynamic setting. :+1:

3 Likes

There is a minibus entry in the game files but that seems to be used for the public transportation.

2 Likes

Aircraft hangars! Awesome!

2 Likes

I wish mini-buses came, would be super useful for remote small stands…

2 Likes

Contract negotiation, did I read that correctly :heart_eyes:

4 Likes

Whilst i don’t mind the other aspects of the baggage system, i would like to see check-in kiosks and baggage drops to be used more widely. Meaning that any baggage drop can be used for any flight. Currently your system tends to favour only few machines and not distribute the load evenly and that leads sometimes to extended check-in times. 6 flights on 2 machines, 4 next to them are empty kind of situations. Out of 30 i got for my 18 stands, about 10 are rarely, if ever used but there is long queues to machines which are in use. Being able to use them in realistic manner where any drop works for any flight, or at least open up more drops per flight would help. I think your limit is now 75 passengers/ drop / dessk but that should be brought down to 50 or so and then open up 8 drops for 400 passenger plane.

1 Like

If we are getting all this stuff we definetly need a bigger map :thinking:

5 Likes

I like that we can assign staff to terminals. To avoid the problem of staff having to go from one secure zone to another, I would like ability to assign staff to a secure zone too.

2 Likes

Hey @Devs… Did you change the logo for Alpha 36. I was comparing the logo on the menu in the game and to the forum logo (Airport CEO logo) and it appears to me you added a doppler radar. Is this true?! :slight_smile:
BTW nice airline aircraft!!!

Yes the intro screen has been updated.

4 Likes

Yeah, the new logo will be visible solely in the game for a while and over time eventually displayed on all ACEO related channels! :slight_smile:

6 Likes