Dev Blog 150: Stabilizing Alpha 35, Alpha 36 and beyond!

@Olof, glad to hear about Maintenance in Alpha 36. Looking forward to it.

1 Like

Another one disturbed by the brightness of the Security Zone tinting. It really is bold and brash, and prevents you seeing what is laid out in the terminal. It also pops up in the most unwanted places, like when trying to position seating in the secure zone area. The number of times I have put some seating down and then found that it is right in the middle of walkways and blocking doors because you really can’t see through the Secure Zone colouring…

4 Likes

I 100% agree with that statement

1 Like

I find that pressing Z will remove the zone colouring and allow you to place an object down showing where you want to put it.

1 Like

i love new A36 so i hope there is new doors - like emergency exits and routes to safety if fire occurs - also evaucation plans if something goes wrong

3 Likes

Hmmm speaking of the zone’s colors, that makes me wonder. Is it possible to have a text on rooms, similar to how Prison Architect does it?

1 Like

ITS MONDAY!!! I don’t think I have ever been so excited about a Monday then today! :smiley:

The version coming to the default branch isn’t much different than the on you can already play on experimental. Otherwise it would be untested. :wink:

1 Like

Well, at least there won’t be as much bug infestations into my airports! :wink:

Hopefully, but who knows.

1 Like

Not really. You can have two separate baggage bays sharing belts at some points. The tilt-tray acts as a sorter and will reroute the bags correctly (if set to “to destination”).

We are at the moment working on a multi selection implementation for certain objects. Planned to be released with A36. It’s gonna be very useful for these types of operations.

9 Likes

Will these implementation also apply for stands? Currently stands are the most difficult object to bulldoze.

1 Like

That sounds amazing… Now I have to plan what I should do with all the extra time we will get then. :heart_eyes:

5 Likes

No. I think you got me wrong. I was asking what need there is for baggage check-ins to be connected to baggage bays. since all check-ins can be connected to all baggage bays using belts and tilt-trays, isn’t it kind of redundant to manually connect check-ins to baggage bays again?

3 Likes

The thing is that all check-in desks can be connected to all baggage bays, but that’s not a requirement. Therefore we need a way for the system to validate the paths between them. The system then validates in regards to flights, stands and job tasks so the baggage can be loaded to its flight. Might be a way to do it without, but nothing we will change, I’d say. With the upcoming multi-selection it wont’ be that time consuming

1 Like

Bags have to travel to specific stands or baggage claim areas. That’s why stands, baggage claim and checkin must be connected to a specific baggage bay

3 Likes

Will that include transit structures? Bus/taxi/car stops? Please say yes

Are you stating that it is possible to connect one check-in counter to multiple baggage bays?

2 Likes

We’ll see! Will discuss this further in the A36 thread when it is up :slight_smile:

6 Likes

No sorry, what I meant they can be in the same “web” of belts (two checkin desks going to two different bays sharing a belt for part of the way). The system can’t therefore know what bay the baggage should end up in based on the belt route, thus the manual assignment.

2 Likes