Dev Blog 147: Multiple terminals and elevators

For the Alpha 35 release we will have an elevator of size 4x4 and the entrance on one side of the object. I definitely see the point of having it on either side, e.g. being able to open towards north on floor -1 and south on floor 2. For now, we need the elevator tested as it is and we’ll see in the future what we do with it. It’s very useful as it is I can assure you :smiley:

If I understand you correctly, we won’t implement it as you describe if. However, if it was a staff problem, it sounds like it could be fixed by marking the “airside terminal” as a separated terminal and assign staff to that terminal so they’re always ready! Note that you’ll need separate check-in, security and boarding for your “airside” terminal(s).

The plan is to have cafés requiring display fridges and restaurants the new cooking stations :slight_smile:

6 Likes

good :3

1 Like

Ok good

1 Like

Have the developer talked about what planes will us for local and international flights? My Airport is in Ghana btw.

1 Like

Have the developer talked about what planes will us for local and international flights? My Airport is in Ghana btw.

In Devblog 145 or 146, developers started that large airplanes will be used for international and medium+small ones for domestic flights. You can check devblogs for more information.

2 Likes

The dev blog says that in the “pro” edition, everyone can decide what stands (and so the planes) are international.

However, after discussing this feature on the forum and after surveying the results of its implementation we decided to add an additional layer of functionality to accommodate airport CE-prOs’ (professional airport CEOs). In the gameplay setting panel in Alpha 35 you’ll find a toggle that will allow you to enable the “realistic international stands” setting, which will cause a per-stand international flight setting toggle to appear. With this setting enabled you can yourself decide what stands will receive international flights and thus have a lot more flexibility and realism in the construction process. However, as we previously mentioned, this is considered an advanced and custom feature and will not be mentioned in the tutorial.

2 Likes

Thank for the information. Greatly appreciated

2 Likes

Will catering, cleaning, fueling, (and eventually maintenance) depots/trucks service all terminals? Or, are separate depots required for each terminal? I ask, because the devblog mentions encapsulating terminal facilities et al.

2 Likes

Unless I am the one who is completely wrong, an Atlanta-style airport (with satellite terminals) would still be considered one terminal, whereas a Heathrow-style airport (i.e. terminals 4 and 5) is a multiple terminal airport, in other words terminals would operate as completely different airports that use the same runway. Right?

seems that way at the most fundamental level.

You are correct. In Atlanta, once you clear security at the North or South Domestic Terminal or the International Terminal, you have access to any gate on any concourse.

Yes, all service buildings will cater vehicles that prefer to use them within their job task assignment. The distinction is that vehicles assigned to a specific terminal will only grab job tasks originating from that terminal area and park at parking objects placed within that terminal’s realm (unless assigned to a speicif parking object such as a stand or other).

2 Likes

If fictional airlines can fly planes no longer in service for commercial passengers on account of them being iconic, then please tell me that this community is lobbying for Concorde to be included at some point!

8 Likes

I’d be good with that. Maybe an R&D aspect to it so people can choose whether they want to research them.

I’d also love to see an airshow option :slight_smile: Regular flights with the snowbirds and blue angels coming in for a few days in a row.

Don’t worry, we are fighting to get it in as a dlc

1 Like

Thanks for the response! For a real life example of the airport I described with distinct landside and airside terminals, see Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA (IATA: PIT).

Yay!!! Its: “DevBlog will arrive in XX days” day! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: Just kidding, just excited to read more about what we will see soon!! Keep up the great work Devs!

5 Likes

:rofl:

Concorde! :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Yes - Concorde is such a beautiful aircraft.

1 Like