Dev Blog 145: Passport checkpoints and immigration, self check-in, segregating departure and arrival and more!

How about making a version for outside use, walkalator with glass ceiling/roof! Would look awesome :+1::smile:

1 Like

Or just place foundation, remove all of the walls and you have outdoor walkalator. It will have a roof that will show when you switch to the next floor up.

2 Likes

I’m not against this, but just for curiosity, do you have any examples of this in real life?

There’s a picture of the first one “The Great Wharf”, it looks to me as if it was outside with a roof.

Guys, I don’t know if you’re planning the overhauling of the taxiing method, (and sorry if this issue was metioned earlier), but my airport is suffering from the inefficiencies in the taxiing and pushback process.
The main problem is, that if an airplane is taxiing, or a pushback has been started, an other bushback and taxi process will not be started unless the former aircraft passes the other one.
Like on the screenshot, SAS jus started the pushback, Wizz is ready for it, too but, it has to wait until SAS passes. It would be possible to pushback simultaneously the two aircrafts. The problem is, that if you have a long pier, I have more than 10 at this terminal, at the last gate the flights are always delaying like crazy, because the program does not start the pushback, though there would be enough space.

4 Likes

I had this problem too!

No one replied to this. So I started building smaller piers and cut down on the number of stands.

1 Like

That’s not that okay. I mean, sure, you have to tackle with this situation, but the resolution supposed to be the overhaul of the system by @Olof and the team, not the alternative terminal and taxiway building by the players. IMHO.

1 Like

I have stop playing the the game till alpha 35 comes out. Yes I have had similar problems

2 Likes

When is Alpha 35 going online? Are there some timeframes?

1 Like

Hello @DarkSandy87

As stated in Devblog 146, you can follow the process of development via trello board. There are no announcements about release but assumptions state that there are couple of weeks of development ahead.

4 Likes

@Jettuh

May if not already done, can you allign the “please wait” text at the passport checks? See my example below.

• another screenshot of the devblog shows that the passengers wait at the end of the queue at the automated checkpoints. So there is a big gap between the pax and this notice
  • the text is hidden by the queue at the normal passport both

3 Likes

@Olof ^

3 Likes

Is it out yet? I don’t have the update.

No, it’s some time yet before it will be available publicly. We have no release date set, it will be out when it’s out! :slight_smile:

1 Like

in real life - the automatic gates dont have please wait behind line but some them have footprint on floor showing where they stand - they act simllar to metro ticket gates where you go in and scanned and exit without waiting but some airports do have line placed at queue

If you look at this example, the passport scanner is after the first door. The ones I know without this line have the scanner before the door. Don’t know if those here are real.

1 Like

Future Olof, when doing a family road trip… kids scream are we there yet… Olof replies "No the road foundations have not been built yet, the roads still need to have tarmac on them and the white lines painted. Then a wry smile as he slowly says the most famous of words… Soon™ :smile: "

15 Likes

haha, good!

That’s right, the actual scanning happens after the first door

Webp.net-gifmaker_3

14 Likes

Hmmmmmm that’s hot!!! :heart_eyes:

3 Likes